Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 406 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the train shape resembles brooms?

Although it has been determined that this is a motorcycle/sidecar duo, brooms would have been fun. As long as there were legit seating a la how the movies completed their shooting, and not just straddling a broom for a four minute ride.

But with back and head rests, so your head doesn’t roll off during the spike portion.

I don't know. My head might still roll of exhilaration on this one.

Correct.

This section is going to be isolated and I’m sure themed prefab pieces will be installed along the inside of the wall. They already started on the wall against drop building. Hopefully they get a lot of tall trees in the middle to make the area feel dark right before you enter the building. But I don’t believe it’ll be enclosed fully with a roof.

Plus, I believe this will be one of two sections with a prominent fog effect, to help disguise the transition into a building, and the walls may help keep the effect isolated.

I’m trying to figure out that show building... are guests not able to see it? Or are they going to hide it somehow? I see a low stone wall... but that’s it?

Reactions: HPFred
I envision more rock work and possibly a mural that blends in with the surrounding forest. I think the most interesting visual construction is yet to come. Somebody get a gofundme going for biocopter updates. Specifically for January and February.

Reactions: LJGonz and Ryno27
Although it has been determined that this is a motorcycle/sidecar duo, brooms would have been fun. As long as there were legit seating a la how the movies completed their shooting, and not just straddling a broom for a four minute ride.

I really wouldn't have wanted to straddle a broom on a coaster ride. Wouldn't have been able to walk normally for a couple weeks afterward. Come to think about, riding a broom like they did in the HP movies seems more than a little impossible.

I really wouldn't have wanted to straddle a broom on a coaster ride. Wouldn't have been able to walk normally for a couple weeks afterward. Come to think about, riding a broom like they did in the HP movies seems more than a little impossible.

I'm not sure about the first two movies, but I know they actually made molds of the cast's rear ends to make a custom fitting seat that was edited out in post. Women would probably be fine on a broom for the most part, but men...

Things I wasn't planning on realizing today - why only witches are traditionally shown to ride broomsticks.

It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure the brooms in Harry Potter are not only enchanted to fly but also enchanted with an invisible cushion/seat. As described in quidditch through the ages.

Correct.

This section is going to be isolated and I’m sure themed prefab pieces will be installed along the inside of the wall. They already started on the wall against drop building. Hopefully they get a lot of tall trees in the middle to make the area feel dark right before you enter the building. But I don’t believe it’ll be enclosed fully with a roof.

Plus, I believe this will be one of two sections with a prominent fog effect, to help disguise the transition into a building, and the walls may help keep the effect isolated.
Thank you Alicia. Keeping smoke in an enclosed area will be smart.
In this photo from bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) | Twitter there are some more of those black poles visible as is a hollow concrete column and some other bits and bobs. It's strange because they are all on the outside of the helix and won't be very visible. Whoa this amazing ride is driving me insane.
DulIG6dUcAAkign.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.