Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that the current parade barn lasts through this holiday season since they normally run Macy's out of there.

Of course, I suppose they could move Macy's this year, but seeing as the barn will be used for HHN, I just assume they'd do Macy's from there once more like usual.

Perhaps, but I think either by the end of Horrah or Holiday; the parade building will be gone. It just depends on when, and how.

I think part of the reason why they announced it now is to allow people who want to ride DC for the last time can do that...I mean giving more time than Disney on closing of GMR and UOE at least!

Thinking about it, Universal usually gives a month and a half heads up for closures, so if Kidzone is having some closures coming along the way; I would expect that announced in the week, but with no mention of Nintendo.

What I find interesting is that this will be part of Hogsmeade than another area off to the side of Hogsmeade like previously speculated - "WWoHP - Forbidden Forest".

I suppose there's no real point when they're right next to each other...

I'd imagine we could see more information on the project during Celebration of HP. I'd also expect they'd want to get this open early 2019? This way they'd grab the pre-Star Wars opening crowds, and then if Nintendo opens in 2020 they'd get the crowds after Star Wars has died down somewhat too...

Last edited:
Could we get TWD as a pre-Nintendo USF project? I actually wouldn't mind it if it replaced terminator
There's a different proposal for Terminator than TWD. I would think it hinges upon which studio gets distribution rights to*redacted*

So do I dare hope they extend the facade on the FJ building with this? It is not really a sticking point for me but I am a completist and would like to see less of the old Uni way and more place making though finished structures. Sure it costs more but this is HP after all
Zero Point Zero chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find interesting is that this will be part of Hogsmeade than another area off to the side of Hogsmeade like previously speculated - "WWoHP - Forbidden Forest".

I suppose there's no real point when they're right next to each other...

I'd imagine we could see more information on the project during Celebration of HP. I'd also expect they'd want to get this open early 2019? This way they'd grab the pre-Star Wars opening crowds, and then if Nintendo opens in 2020 they'd get the crowds after Star Wars has died down somewhat too...

I would guess they could wait till Spring 2019 for an opening, have a similar opening timeline to the Hollywood opening of Hogsmeade of an Early April, to soak in the Spring Break crowds. But I could also see them push it to a Late May/Early June to coincide with WWoHP's birthday.

I would guess they could wait till Spring 2019 for an opening, have a similar opening timeline to the Hollywood opening of Hogsmeade of an Early April, to soak in the Spring Break crowds. But I could also see them push it to a Late May/Early June to coincide with WWoHP's birthday.

That's what I was thinking, anywhere from March onwards I could see as being plausible, early summer at the very latest though!

I think this opens late 2019 (Sept-Dec), much like SWGE at DHS

I'm pretty excited for this. Hope it's a bit more thrilling than Gringotts but not too thrilling. I can't handle crazy coasters, sadly.

It depends what it is and how fast they want it to be done. If they can build an entire water park in a year I'm sure they can build a new attraction and land extension in a year and a half...

In regards to Arthur, it doesn't really scream thrill ride to me. I'm sure it could be made into one but considering that these attractions are becoming more and more frequently used I'm not sure I'd personally class it as 'redefining'. Who knows at the end of the day, I'm sure it'll be a great development either way!

Last edited:
It depends what it is and how fast they want it to be done. If they can build an entire water park in a year I'm sure they can build a new attraction and land extension in a year and a half...
Yeah you're right, i guess that i was comparing them a bit too much with Disney.
But i sincerely hope that this is going to be a thrill ride instead of another family attraction.
I'm putting my money on an SFX coaster
Just not a screen ride please

Any chance they would do some work around HE since there will no longer be a coaster roaring overhead to kill the aesthetics? I'm thinking they could rework the entry into Hogsmeade since DC will be gone and they can have a more thematic entrance.

Why do we keep discussing whether this will be a family coaster or not? Didn't y'all read the announcement from Universal?

This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.

Now of course, just because it'll be fun for the whole family, doesn't mean it won't be thrilling. They're still calling it a "thrill ride" after all. Personally, I think FJ and Gringotts are more thrilling than what Disney calls "family rides." But yes, we have confirmation that this will be a family coaster.

At very least, that means it'll be less intense than the ride it's replacing.

But with show scenes and immersive theming, we wouldn't want something that's too fast the whole time to take it in anyway. A healthy mix of thrill and story would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.