Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the real question is how many trains launch an hour?
I don't know, but Alicia liked my post so that probably indicates it's in line with her info....and....adding on to the capacity point, following is a quote from TPI's Robert Niles a few moments ago. I'm no fan of Niles, but this has to be one of the best quotes of the day. Niles: "Hearing the same as A.J. (Hummel).This ride is gonna eat people like Aragog without Hagrid to tell him no"......One thing you have to say about Universal's recent new attractions. They have high capacity. Seems to be a company mantra now.

Last edited:
I don't know, but Alicia liked my post so that probably indicates it's in line with her info
Yea, the number of seats per train was the only real info I’ve had on that front.

Clearly they’ve done a lot to get capacity up though. Moving load platform, lots of space between unload and load for trains in holding, A/B switch for drop track, limited scene stops, and a massive maintenance building with a lot of tracks.

I don’t know how many trains will be out at once, but it seems like it could certainly be a lot. I’m not usually good at this type of thing, but I suppose I could see 8-10 on the track at once. 1 at unload, 2 in waiting, 2 in load, and the rest split out every 3 scenes apart or so.

Yea, the number of seats per train was the only real info I’ve had on that front.

Clearly they’ve done a lot to get capacity up though. Moving load platform, lots of space between unload and load for trains in holding, A/B switch for drop track, limited scene stops, and a massive maintenance building with a lot of tracks.

I don’t know how many trains will be out at once, but it seems like it could certainly be a lot. I’m not usually good at this type of thing, but I suppose I could see 8-10 on the track at once. 1 at unload, 2 in waiting, 2 in load, and the rest split out every 3 scenes apart or so.
Thank you Alicia! :celebrate:

Reactions: Alicia
Universal is still concerned with boosting capacity to boost attendance. Disney is concerned with spreading crowds and boosting revenue year round because they are maxed out in a lot of ways. Universal doesn't have the built in hotel capacity to punish their guests who don't book onsite with longer waits yet apart from the most crowded times where they have limited express to offer anyways.

Do you have any insight on how often they can launch a train? Is it 8 riders per train?

I really hope this thing loads like a continuous omnimover with trains breaking off from the pack as they depart from load. That way you’d never know what row you’re in and people just hop the eff on without the usual scuffles.

14 riders per train. It takes ~42 seconds to make it through load I believe. But two trains can fit on the belt at once I think. Not sure if I’m remembering the time right or not.

So does that mean one train launches every 42 seconds?

Does anyone else get a specific tingly feeling when they arrive to a loading station and see the moving ride vehicles? I think the most exhilarating thing for me is dispatch. The sudden lurch in speed when the train departs, triggering yelps and claps and nervous laughter, and then seeing the next one roll in for you? Probably one of the best feelings at a theme park. That isn't really lost on me with moving walkways either -- FJ still gives me the same sensation.

So naturally, I can't wait to watch the motorbikes get dispatched and then board one myself. When we've finally gone through this stupidly detailed queue we've been kiki-ing about for months and board the bikes ourselves, all these debates about the spike and the placement of this or that will likely become null lol. I'm so hyped about this ride and all that's coming to it!

Let the countdown begin -- we've only 112 days left.

Does anyone else get a specific tingly feeling when they arrive to a loading station and see the moving ride vehicles? I think the most exhilarating thing for me is dispatch. The sudden lurch in speed when the train departs, triggering yelps and claps and nervous laughter, and then seeing the next one roll in for you? Probably one of the best feelings at a theme park. That isn't really lost on me with moving walkways either -- FJ still gives me the same sensation.

And the most important thing is that your train arrives empty — really giving the feeling of being on a unique journey into the unknown. The difference between this and seeing the previous group of guests get up and leave before you board is so huge but people don’t talk about it much. Probably the one thing I’d change about Gringotts.

That really is one of the best feelings. Glad someone else gets it too.

And the most important thing is that your train arrives empty — really giving the feeling of being on a unique journey into the unknown. The difference between this and seeing the previous group of guests get up and leave before you board is so huge but people don’t talk about it much. Probably the one thing I’d change about Gringotts.

That really is one of the best feelings. Glad someone else gets it too.
I personally enjoy seeing the happy people who rode the ride, laughing and applauding. It makes me happy to be the next to experience. But on the other hand I get what you are saying and that also is very exciting.

Now I'm wondering how "handicap loading" is arranged. I like how they do it at Hogwarts but hate it in Gringots.

Status
Not open for further replies.