1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Discussion

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Brian G., Jul 24, 2017.

1. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

2. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Was just going through some video I took earlier. There’s wraps on the fake windows along the queue structure too.

EDIT: Bio posted it... looks like aluminum foil lol.

Joel, Ryno27, HPFred and 3 others like this.
  3. Skold

Skold Rookie

Soft opening thoughts...

Kong's official opening was July 13. We so happened to be there in June and I was a lurking this lovely forum. I distinctly remember rumored softs for about a week, and then, as we were eating early dinner at Confisco (to shift around and avoid dinner crowds) on June 9, this forum lit up with "it's happening", "it's happening!", and "it's really happening". We ran over and got in! That soft was an amazing experience.

So, HMCMBA is opening June 13. I will be there May 22- June 2. Please let this happen! :grin: :freak:

If this does work out, I have noticed that a few other members of this fine forum plan to be there at that same time. We should definitely do an IU soft rush. :toast: :cheers:

truejonas, Ryno27, HPFred and 4 others like this.
  4. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Why did they wrap the queue? I’d assume they are doing work inside and don’t want any spoils before the March airing? Otherwise, that’s strange.

Saving a 30 second spot for March that told us absolutely nothing new except what they told us yesterday? Why?

5. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

I’m camping out as soon as the walls come down. See ya all there!

EDIT: Or maybe not, I may be on vacation at the end of May. Booooo!

Joel, Ryno27, Dhdhddh and 1 other person like this.
  6. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Headed anywhere fun?

7. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Our first DVC stay. Copper Creek. Sooo, not very far away, but once we check in there’s no way we’re getting back in that car.

truejonas, Ryno27, Dhdhddh and 2 others like this.
  8. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

That’s a funny vacation for an Orlando native but I love it.
    Have a blast.

9. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

What can I say, we love the parks. Looking forward to lounging poolside most of the time.

10. Chase Gunderson

Chase Gunderson Newcomer

It’s kind of different. “Tron Lightcycle Power Run Coaster” sounds awful and doesn’t use alliteration. :dance:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  11. Chase Gunderson

Chase Gunderson Newcomer

Anyway, the name is what it is. I’m not particularly fond of it, but as long as the attraction itself is A+, I’m good. Lol

alias8703 and P@n!K_Sw1tC# like this.
  12. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

That wasn’t the only spot filmed. There was/is more.

truejonas, shawn2, HPFred and 7 others like this.
  13. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Will this be the most expensive coaster ever made?

Chase Gunderson likes this.
  14. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

As long as the full name is in fiber optics at the entrance I'm loving it. Lots of twinkling lights.
    Does it matter? We know Disney always spent more than Universal, Efteling spent less, in the end it's the result that counts. That said I think it's Universals most expensive coaster.

15. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

I know generally with LIM/LSM launches it takes a lot of time to adjust the launch to the correct speed/force. With so many launches, it could be pull a train onto a launch, test just that launch, then pull to the next launch and adjust that one. It's one thing to test like that, it's another to send a train through the full course. Especially with an untested launch/spike/drop/switch section and the dual drop tracks, there's a lot of tricky timing that needs to be tested for reliability.

My fear is they will be able to open for June 13th, but with limited capacity because the timing issues won't have been fully worked out by opening. This would then mean diminished capacity through the summer as keeping the ride operating would be the priority, not wanting to take the ride down for addition test and adjust to get the intervals up to full speed and capacity.

Several Intamin coasters have had these kind of growing pains. I still remember 20 years ago when they opened Volcano at Kings Dominion late, and with only eight of the sixteen seats because they couldn't get the system working the way it was designed to. The ride spent the first season operating like that, only going to full capacity after tinkering over the off season. In parks with no off season, it could mean downtime as they make the adjustments.

HPFred, anihilnation and natespf like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It's not like Universal outdid Disney on a massive attraction announcement. They outdid them on something that would've been in the back-end of the news cycle even in Orlando from Disney. A new entrance and a play pavilion isn't a big announcement nor would anyone have really cared on social media even if Potter HADN'T been announced.

Joel and HPFred like this.
  17. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Adjusted for inflation, I don’t believe this is any more epic expensive than Everest or Big Thunder. They are all world class and top of their game.

HPFred, therock, Alicia and 2 others like this.
  18. OrlLover

OrlLover Rookie

A certain DL fanboy on twitter had the nerve to compare this to Slinky Dog Dash and I’m like dude seriously get your facts straight. It really pissed me off yesterday that he really was coming off kind of like a jerk talking about he hit a nerve with some people. Only thing the rides have in common is that their both family friendly and that’s it. :thud:

truejonas, HPFred, Dhdhddh and 3 others like this.
  19. Riler

Riler Newcomer

Just reading the replies to a Tim Tracker tweet asking how people think this coaster will compare in thrill factor to others in Orlando shows how unsure the GP seems to be about what this coaster actually is. Ranges from Slinky Dog, to mine train, to Mummy and Gringotts are fairly common opinions. But, to be fair, all people have been told is that its a family friendly coaster.

OrlLover, HPFred, Dhdhddh and 2 others like this.
  20. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I don’t think he was comparing it in that way.