Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 509 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at Royal Pacific and CBBR towards the end of May. But if it doesn't soft open then it'll still be a great vacation. That said, this looks like it will be one of Unjversal's crown jewels, and will renew the faith in UC that F&F crippled. This is actually going to be more like one of the great Disney rides of the past than anything else, with a bit of Universal thrill thrown in for good measure. .

A certain DL fanboy on twitter had the nerve to compare this to Slinky Dog Dash and I’m like dude seriously get your facts straight. It really pissed me off yesterday that he really was coming off kind of like a jerk talking about he hit a nerve with some people. Only thing the rides have in common is that their both family friendly and that’s it. :thud:
They might be walking back the 'family friendliness' of HMBA, as the UO blog only referred to it as a "thrilling roller coaster ride" with the official announcement.

I'm betting we can expect it to be just about as thrilling as Mummy.

I'll be at Royal Pacific and CBBR towards the end of May. But if it doesn't soft open then it'll still be a great vacation. That said, this looks like it will be one of Unjversal's crown jewels, and will renew the faith in UC that F&F crippled. This is actually going to be more like one of the great Disney rides of the past than anything else, with a bit of Universal thrill thrown in for good measure. .

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pricing out a mid June trip.

From the end seats you most certainly can see the other arms in motion if you're looking around. That could just be me though.
You can, but only if you’re looking around. The original ride profile you couldn’t really though. You would’ve had to lean out to see anything like that.

Reactions: HPFred
They might be walking back the 'family friendliness' of HMBA, as the UO blog only referred to it as a "thrilling roller coaster ride" with the official announcement.

I'm betting we can expect it to be just about as thrilling as Mummy.

DizNoids being DizNoids.

Last edited:
As long as the full name is in fiber optics at the entrance I'm loving it. Lots of twinkling lights.

Does it matter? We know Disney always spent more than Universal, Efteling spent less, in the end it's the result that counts. That said I think it's Universals most expensive coaster.

It doesn't really matter but just out of curiosity. I watched the Theme Park History video about Everest:

Obviously this is a way more complex coaster with multiple launches, moving platforms, reverse section, a switchtrack and a drop plus multiple AAs but Everest does have a giant mountain with Disney priced rockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.