Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time it stops, is less capacity.

No every single stop is a block brake and it adds the ability to add another train. Once a coaster passes a "stop" point another train can enter that part of the track. Without a "stop" another train wouldn't be able to launch out of the Hut until the coaster make it all the way all the way to the "drop Track"

Hence why any regular roller coaster that doesn't have a Block break or a half way break point cannot send another train out of the station until the train hits the final break run, incase of roll backs. .

If it wasn't for the Block break /trim on Hulk, it wouldn't be able to send the 2nd train until it hits the break run. Again this is WHY Hulk kills its own momentum brakes you. For Capacity and adding another train.

Its why Montu can run 3 trains and Silver bullet and Batman can only ever have 2 on the track at a time

This is why Disney coasters usually stop lots of times or travel through "flat/ straight track"... adds capacity. The moment you put a stop on a ride, boom, you add another train. Because once it begins its 2nd half you can send another train

Plus I think this 3 headed moving Fluffy confirms were gonna slow down more than that video.

No every single stop is a block brake and it adds the ability to add another train. Once a coaster passes a "stop" point another train can enter that part of the track. Without a "stop" another train wouldn't be able to launch out of the Hut until the coaster make it all the way all the way to the "drop Track"

Hence why any regular roller coaster that doesn't have a Block break or a half way break point cannot send another train out of the station until the train hits the final break run, incase of roll backs. .

If it wasn't for the Block break /trim on Hulk, it wouldn't be able to send the 2nd train until it hits the break run. Again this is WHY Hulk kills its own momentum brakes you. For Capacity and adding another train.

Its why Montu can run 3 trains and Silver bullet and Batman can only ever have 2 on the track at a time... Its why Dueling dragons only ran 2 per side.

This is why Disney coasters usually stop lots of times or travel through "flat/ straight track"... adds capacity. The moment you put a stop on a ride, boom, you add another train. Because once it begins its 2nd half you can send another train

Plus I think this 3 headed moving Fluffy confirms were gonna slow down more than that video.
It's true that blocks are what allows multi-train operations. But the trains don't actually have to stop, just have the ability to be stopped.

It's true that blocks are what allows multi-train operations. But the trains don't actually have to stop, just have the ability to be stopped.
Can't any of the launch points be utilized as brakes in this type of coaster, or am I thinking of something else from Intamin?

That’s where I had thought the Pixies would be.
If they're not in the queue, I was thinking maybe the skinny hallway type area directly after load and before we go completely outside for the first time. I have no idea where they'll be though.

Can't any of the launch points be utilized as brakes in this type of coaster, or am I thinking of something else from Intamin?
All of the LSMs can be reversed and used as brakes, but they can’t use it as a block unless there is some form of physical brake also on the same section. In this case, most/all of the launches have drive wheels at the beginning of the section, which allows it to be used as a block section.

If they're not in the queue, I was thinking maybe the skinny hallway type area directly after load and before we go completely outside for the first time. I have no idea where they'll be though.
My guess is as we back-up in the drop track show building before the drop. Probably why we back into the devil's snare.

While I've always labeled launches in my layouts, I never really label brake runs. Here's an image with all the brake spots as I understand it, along with the launches. I'm not sure how, or if, they're all used always, or only in cases of emergency, or just to automatically slow the vehicle if traveling too fast due to weight... but here they all are.

Note: Based on earlier info, so may vary from reality if things were changed. The launches seemed to match up with my info, so I assume the brake runs do as well.

brakes-launches.jpg

While I've always labeled launches in my layouts, I never really label brake runs. Here's an image with all the brake spots as I understand it, along with the launches. I'm not sure how, or if, they're all used always, or only in cases of emergency, or just to automatically slow the vehicle if traveling too fast due to weight... but here they all are.

Note: Based on earlier info, so may vary from reality if things were changed. The launches seemed to match up with my info, so I assume the brake runs do as well.

View attachment 9346

There's also a small magnetic boost after the stables and before what is labeled as launch number 1. Technically there are 7 different lsm zones on the track setting the world record for most launches on a single roller coaster.

There's also a small magnetic boost after the stables and before what is labeled as launch number 1. Technically there are 7 different lsm zones on the track setting the world record for most launches on a single roller coaster.
Yea, I wonder if that was added when they swapped out the flying anglia scene there. Which woulda been after the info I have. Interesting. 6 is already crazy.

Yea, I wonder if that was added when they swapped out the flying anglia scene there. Which woulda been after the info I have. Interesting. 6 is already crazy.

I doubt you'll really feel much from the first launch, but if we're going to include the backwards launch as part of the total count then the boost after the stable definitely counts too. :)

The only launch that I expect to be punchy is the final launch. The rest should feel like boosts, which is a perfect fit for a story-line ride like this. The really punchy launches are being saved for the JP coaster, which will most likely provide the best launch experience in the south, beating out Hulk, Cheetah, and RnRC.

Its why Montu can run 3 trains and Silver bullet and Batman can only ever have 2 on the track at a time

Like @Disneyhead said, the trains don't need to come to a stop, they just need to have the ability to stop.

My original point about the trains stopping, lowering capacity is that if a train stops, the amount of time spent in that block will be longer. The longer the time spent in a block, the longer the time between trains being dispatched resulting in lower capacity. Usually for a coaster like this, the biggest block would be the drop track but since it splits in two, the actual time trains spend in each block should be relatively small compared to similar coasters.

Theoretically, we could be seeing 7 trains on this at the same time.

Fluffy looks AMAZING!! :bigeye: So realistic and the movements are great!!

Also really hoping to see Centaurs; they're my most anticipated creature. Tomorrow is obviously Pixies from the hint and I'm curious to check out those, too. I want to figure out where they'll be... Probably in the queue, maybe in the floating candle room from Dragon Challenge / frozen knight & horse room from Dueling Dragons?

What do y'all think they'll feature the other 3 days? Could we finally see the Blast-Ended Skrewt? I'd guess:
4/15 - Fluffy
4/16 - Cornish Pixies
4/17 - Unicorn
4/18 - Centaur
4/19 - Blast-Ended Skrewt

I don't expect to see devil's snare or the Hagrid AA (not a creature, lol). Hagrid should look great, too. They already had a Hagrid animatronic head for the films years and years ago, so Hagrid 2019 should be pretty amazing!

Gotta admit im not crazy about this hagrid. I hope it's true that it has come a long way.

But, I was thinking that since the Ford Anglia was next to the spider cave in chamber of Secrets film, that perhaps the spiders are still there in that cave since the Ford's been relocated
Great point. I agree- that would make a lot of sense. Nothing fancy, just one or two w/ a light are fine.

The only launch that I expect to be punchy is the final launch. The rest should feel like boosts, which is a perfect fit for a story-line ride like this.
Launch 2 will for sure have a punch.

I can’t I’m afraid... it’s one of that stupid timer games and I’m now locked out of that area for now! Although just realised that areas called “the courtyard” I haven’t unlocked the reserve yet. If you google images for Harry Potter courtyard you’ll find loads, also from previous games, and the architecture seems to match up pretty well to the new coaster building!

Don’t know where that moss came from!

Status
Not open for further replies.