Hall of Presidents | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was brought up on CNN this afternoon and the host asked the panel what they thought and they all shook their heads, smiling as if they had all just farted. They cut to a commercial break ...
I've no idea if they were commenting on the appearance of the AA or what, but politics aside, it's just odd to think that just 3 years ago, he was still the host of The Apprentice. Now he's served almost a full year in office and has his own animatronic inside the world's most visited theme park.

Reactions: Ryan
Despite what any of you might say, I am convinced they create the faces to fit around a stock robot head. That is just too warped and grotesque looking to think otherwise.
I agree. I think they also take into account that these are going to be seen from afar. All these photos are zoomed way in. Not that that should be an excuse, but I suspect to the average guest watching it's just not that bad. I think the sculpt looks decent it's just a very poor fit to the head. It's definitely time for Disney to start subcontracting out the AA work though to someone who can do it right.

I agree. I think they also take into account that these are going to be seen from afar. All these photos are zoomed way in. Not that that should be an excuse, but I suspect to the average guest watching it's just not that bad. I think the sculpt looks decent it's just a very poor fit to the head. It's definitely time for Disney to start subcontracting out the AA work though to someone who can do it right.
They already do contract out the AA work. Garner Holt.

Reactions: Ryan
People already making videos with different soundclips of Trump statements. This wasn't a well thought out idea in the least.
Why every time something negative is said in media do you automatically go to it being a bad idea? (ex. The Last Jedi receiving mixed reviews from fans, terrible idea on Disney's part they are ruining the series, etc ,etc).

People are just having fun with it. By the end of the week, people will have forgotten that this thing even existed outside of us on theme park forums. This is a historic, educational, 25-minute attraction about the American presidency that - by all accounts - is actually better than the Obama version.

Trump speaks for literally 90 seconds.

Why every time something negative is said in media do you automatically go to it being a bad idea? (ex. The Last Jedi receiving mixed reviews from fans, terrible idea on Disney's part they are ruining the series, etc ,etc).

People are just having fun with it. By the end of the week, people will have forgotten that this thing even existed outside of us on theme park forums. This is a historic, educational, 25-minute attraction about the American presidency that - by all accounts - is actually better than the Obama version.

Trump speaks for literally 90 seconds.

Other option was just having him stand there and give a thumbs up. Sometimes less is more.There are neutral, negative, and positive options.

Other option was just having him stand there and give a thumbs up. Sometimes less is more.There are neutral, negative, and positive options.
The only issue anyone’s complaining about is the look of the AA. The overwhelming majority seem to think the speech is good. So if anything that helps to make up for the looks of the AA. So in this case more was definitely more.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
Other option was just having him stand there and give a thumbs up. Sometimes less is more.
I'm really not sure what your beef is here.

I've already established i'm no supporter of Trump's political views, but I believe every incumbent President should get their speech as has been done since 1993. People wonder why Disney are toonifying the parks so much yet some of you guys want to replace an educational AA show with a Muppets show.

Trump's speech had nothing offensive or partisan in it. It was a very balanced speech that I could've seen any of our recent Presidents - Republican or Democrat - giving. If you don't like him fine, but just putting him up there with no speech would've been far more controversial than giving him a speech and i'm not sure you realize that.

I'm really not sure what your beef is here.

I've already established i'm no supporter of Trump's political views, but I believe every incumbent President should get their speech as has been done since 1993. People wonder why Disney are toonifying the parks so much yet some of you guys want to replace an educational AA show with a Muppets show.

Trump's speech had nothing offensive or partisan in it. It was a very balanced speech that I could've seen any of our recent Presidents - Republican or Democrat - giving. If you don't like him fine, but just putting him up there with no speech would've been far more controversial than giving him a speech and i'm not sure you realize that.

Because this is a great PR look for Disney. IT has nothing to do about liking or not liking a president. Its more so not being able to have your product becoming an divisive meme.

Because this is a great PR look for Disney. IT has nothing to do about liking or not liking a president. Its more so not being able to have your product becoming an divisive meme.

That "product" is actually a living human being that was voted to be the 45th President of the United States last year.

Disney opened this attraction with him in the middle of a giant scandal.

I honestly think Disney could care less about PR. They just wanted to get this thing open.

So you're blaming Disney on giving the internet an opportunity to turn something into a meme?

You do realize the internet can do that with almost literally anything, right? This is a really frivilous argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.