Hall of Presidents | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey Mouse has plenty of jokes about him yet they still use him. Ever hear the one about Minnie and Goofy?

Last edited:
Reactions: fryoj
Other option was just having him stand there and give a thumbs up. Sometimes less is more.There are neutral, negative, and positive options.

Comments like these make me love the addition even more. Disney adding Trump made the attraction great again.

OMG, Trumps right hand is leaking at 21:05

Last edited:
For better or worse, this HoP change is getting an unbelievable amount of media attention. I don’t remember Volcano Bay getting this much attention ever.

I really, really hope the media blitz dies down quickly. In my mind, nothing good comes out of all the mainstream attention this is getting. A bunch of theme park nerds arguing and memeing is one thing. But, my Twitter has been full of non-theme Park friends bringing attention to this and retweeting news clips. I can’t remember the last time that’s happened. Certainly not for VB or Avatar.

For better or worse, this HoP change is getting an unbelievable amount of media attention. I don’t remember Volcano Bay getting this much attention ever.

I really, really hope the media blitz dies down quickly. In my mind, nothing good comes out of all the mainstream attention this is getting. A bunch of theme park nerds arguing and memeing is one thing. But, my Twitter has been full of non-theme Park friends bringing attention to this and retweeting news clips. I can’t remember the last time that’s happened. Certainly not for VB or Avatar.

Trump farts and its everywhere. That's just how it is.

Reactions: SeventyOne

He will say or do something offensive or stupid soon and the Tide will follow it.

Went today. Understaffed MK slammed in general, but HoP had a switchback running the length of the colonial storefronts. Unfortunately it wasn't well marked, people kept entering from all over. If crowds keep up, going to have to turn that courtyard into switchbacks (taking away one of the few seating areas left in MK but I digress).

Even with a full outside line, my show went off with easily 4 or 5 dozen empty seats, entire half rows. The staff at HoP simply doesn't know how to handle a popular, full-capacity attraction.

Added "reverent" to the description of the show and a dedication to Walt, I think, but otherwise no additional admonishments not to disrupt the show since Obama.

The new film is ... blah. Back to being an abridged version of US history, but much like Spaceship Earth, one required to tell its story using the set pieces from the last storyline. Most notable change is the scrubbing of Andrew Jackson. Otherwise, concentrates on same presidents, just from more of a SJW point-of-view. Realize I'm skirting a line here, so let me just say I preferred the focus on the role of the President in society rather than the President as a reflection of society. Plus Morgan Freeman >>> unidentified woman (possibly from Scandal or one of those ABC shows I don't watch?).

Onto the finale ... other than the extra long tie--which is accurate--the Trumpbot looks fine in context. Sure it looks odd in extreme close-ups, but so would any of the other figures. From a distance, it's pretty seamless. It's as much Trump as the Madisonbot is Madison--not like any of the presidents are Johnny Depp quality. Speech was meaningless platitudes, like the last three have been.

One guy behind me kind of groaned when they introduced Trump, but muted reaction overall. Crowd did clap at the end.

I still think the opening of American Adventure should've been the final nail in HoP's coffin. The finale remains what it is, the bulk of the attraction is a boring film. This will be back the air conditioned nap-a-torium by next Summer I'm sure. A tempest in a teapot.

I think the opposite! The Hall of Presidents is a great attraction that provides Historical content that many people in the Social Media Age never get. The more people and children who come to see this attraction the better

Reactions: Miketheboss
I think the opposite! The Hall of Presidents is a great attraction that provides Historical content that many people in the Social Media Age never get. The more people and children who come to see this attraction the better

are you trying to state that they don't teach American History in school? My daughter is in 2nd grade and had a test on the first American Presidents and Innovators just this week.

It's cool that this thing even exists in a day in age where Frozen and Guardians are in Epcot, but that doesn't mean it's a great attraction.
Disney fans have so little new to experience that any new ride opening is going to cause lines. Once the allure of the Trump AA is gone, it's highly unlikely these people will sit for this show again and again. This is a once every decade type of ride for most folks.

are you trying to state that they don't teach American History in school? My daughter is in 2nd grade and had a test on the first American Presidents and Innovators just this week.

It's cool that this thing even exists in a day in age where Frozen and Guardians are in Epcot, but that doesn't mean it's a great attraction.
Disney fans have so little new to experience that any new ride opening is going to cause lines. Once the allure of the Trump AA is gone, it's highly unlikely these people will sit for this show again and again. This is a once every decade type of ride for most folks.

They may teach it, but there's certainly a percentage of today's youth that may not appreciate it. During a trip to DC last year, I saw kids dabbing on the plaque commemorating MLK's speech. A more groan-inducing moment was seeing a whole class taking selfies while sitting on the statue of FDR in his wheelchair at his memorial.

They may teach it, but there's certainly a percentage of today's youth that may not appreciate it. During a trip to DC last year, I saw kids dabbing on the plaque commemorating MLK's speech. A more groan-inducing moment was seeing a whole class taking selfies while sitting on the statue of FDR in his wheelchair at his memorial.

It happens every generation when the weight is not properly conveyed. It’s not new. Plus I bet we did similar stupid stuff and so did our parents.

I am in a middle school.history class everyday...and while I give that teacher props for engaging the students and offering fun non partisan teachings to make them think critically, I doubt all classrooms are as informative as his.

He even showed the full HoP show in class today and the students marveled at the show and AA

In short, no that is not what I was insinuating

Remember, the MK has millions of foreign guests who do not really know the American presidents or some of its history. It's a cool attraction.

I was introduced to the monuments when I was 8 - 55 years ago and I need to get back. Have never seen the Vietnam monument yet I cry when it shows up on TV. Have to see it in person soon. No personal connection so I expect it to be overwhelming in person, I cannot begin to understand the reactions from those who served or lost loved ones in the war as an outsider but I look forward to seeing it in the near future.

:topic:

Last edited:
It happens every generation when the weight is not properly conveyed. It’s not new. Plus I bet we did similar stupid stuff and so did our parents.

I don’t think so but that’s another discussion for a different topic. Either way - I’m by no means a fan of Trump, but this attraction is harmless. (Although the AA is rough)

Reactions: Nick and JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.