Hall of Presidents | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWMagic is reporting that The Hall of Presidents will reopen before Christmas (yes, of this year) and that President Trump will indeed have a speaking role when the doors reopen.

I fear some foolish guest will do something to this AA more or less from the get go.

Reactions: fryoj
This thread will remain locked but just for a brief update, according to WDWMagic, insiders tell that HoP will be quietly opening its doors in the next few weeks during the Christmas rush: The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

There has currently been no official confirmation from Disney, and to be fair, there likely won't be. I'm still uncertain of this actually coming to fruition, but we have heard that the Trump audio-animatronic exists and is currently residing in the theater, and that WDI is also actively working on the show at the moment. Why not try to open it during Christmas when things are at its craziest? It also eliminates both a blogger rush and an initial political movement from wrangling in.

Either way, this won't be pretty, and we know it. If the show does indeed re-open, so will this thread. And with it will come some very strict conversation rules to keep things as calm as possible. Thank you for understanding, and I'm sure you'll know when to come back.

If the Hall of Presidents opens this year, it will be on December 18th. For sure. I might have to purchase a day pass to see it.

There will definitely be people getting thrown out of the park over this. It wouldn't surprise me if it was daily.

Fistfights seem inevitable, barring Orange Co. deputies standing at the front of the stage. Hopefully the Mouse isn't stingy with lifetime bans AND pressing charges the first week, to get word out that isn't going to fly.

Reactions: Clive and fryoj
Fistfights seem inevitable, barring Orange Co. deputies standing at the front of the stage. Hopefully the Mouse isn't stingy with lifetime bans AND pressing charges the first week, to get word out that isn't going to fly.
Hopefully they have the CMs in the theater and waiting area spiel something regarding what guests will be experiencing and making it clear that "this is a historical show about the office of the presidency. Disruptive guests will be not be tolerated and will be removed."

With all the talk of Tron and the new theatre, I hope Disney also ponies up some cash to do proper refurbs on the existing slate of rides. I am told that even right out of its recent work, Splash is routinely down at least once a day. Pirates and SM are also going down several times a day causing huge issues with FP and overall capacity. I'm curious to see how the park is over the holidays as I will be there that week. I'm more about the decorations and seasonal offerings than the rides themselves at this point, but I know those issues could cause major gridlock.

With all the talk of Tron and the new theatre, I hope Disney also ponies up some cash to do proper refurbs on the existing slate of rides. I am told that even right out of its recent work, Splash is routinely down at least once a day. Pirates and SM are also going down several times a day causing huge issues with FP and overall capacity. I'm curious to see how the park is over the holidays as I will be there that week. I'm more about the decorations and seasonal offerings than the rides themselves at this point, but I know those issues could cause major gridlock.

MK is super old.
I would not be surprised if we see Space have a complete major refurb with track replacement similar to DL
PoTC will probably have an all new track complete

After this they really need to design a new show to put in the space. One that doesn't elicit boo's from half the audience toward the end of the show.

I will be one of the boo-ers as long as that doesn't justify a ban..

I fear some foolish guest will do something to this AA more or less from the get go.

Personally I hope someone who hates Disney and hates trump does something to his AA.. I would never wish harm on an actual human being but an AA? go for it.

..and I'm done with politics before I get in trouble

I definitely won't be supporting this attraction for a while. I think Disney should've gone with the non-speaking role option like the old days just to be able to open the attraction on time and keep situations to a minimum, but Disney chose not to... Therefore Disney has to take full responsibility of any incident. You can't place a doggy treat on a dog's nose and then punish him for eating it. So banning people for this, sounds to me like a cake lawsuit. I'm also pretty sure he will be completely scripted, because a true historical speech would offend at least one minority group, Insert the word "I" every 5th word of the speech, and also most contain the phrase "Believe me" once every minute. Also the AA should mock the rest of the AAs for being inferior to his... D's AA is now the best AA ever built in the history of technology, and also take credit for WDC success thanks to his AA. If the show does not include these things then it can't be called historical, this is called sugar coating, and that's what the D would call "fake show..... sad!"

I will be one of the boo-ers as long as that doesn't justify a ban..

Personally I hope someone who hates Disney and hates trump does something to his AA.. I would never wish harm on an actual human being but an AA? go for it.

..and I'm done with politics before I get in trouble

From the current rumors of new safety measures put in place, no one or thing will be able to reach the AA presidents...

Reactions: SeventyOne
From the current rumors of new safety measures put in place, no one or thing will be able to reach the AA presidents...
I feel like this is a challenge...

I really wish they'd just put all the presidents in hilariously embarrassing, but true, situations. Have Garfield stuck in the bathtub. Have Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK. Have what'shisface getting pneumonia during his inauguration. Just turn it into a surprisingly educational farce. That way, it doesn't matter WHO the newest president is. Everyone will be too busy guffawing to care.

if these safety rumors are true, then it shows that WDC is aware of the red flags, and willing to take the risk. I think the best and worse thing that can happen to MK right now is to open the attraction before Christmas and hope for impeachment on the 1st quarter of 2018, so they can close the attraction for a 2nd much needed "refurbishment". :lol:

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.