Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

I figure Billie wouldn’t return. Sophomore albums always are a big defining point.

does anyone know if they are taking down the tents and her house or just letting them sit?

I think it was mentioned about a sign up for premier passholders. My friend is one and hasn't received an email or anything about how to sign up. Is there a specific link or place he needs to log in to try and sign up for the he friday preview?

Nevermind. I found it.

Last edited:
This is something I don't think is unreasonable at all if you are being forced to work in close quarters with others for extended periods of time many days per week. And I say "forced" because yes, they are pretty much forcing TM's to either come back to work or be out of a job, which is unfortunate. In the poor job market that especially Orlando has right now, people simply can't afford to lose their jobs (at least most can't), meaning they have to come in and risk their health.

Universal is taking advantage of this, which is just corporate greed on full display.

Which is it? Is Universal forcing these TMs back with their corporate greed; or are the TMs not socially distancing/wearing masks in break rooms and also hanging out with each other after work in bars? Because you’ve now said all three things.

It’s hard to keep it straight.

In the meantime, 4 major Universal hotels are closed down.
What do you want to bet that the majority of those employees would gladly be “forced back to work for corporate greed”?

I think it was mentioned about a sign up for premier passholders. My friend is one and hasn't received an email or anything about how to sign up. Is there a specific link or place he needs to log in to try and sign up for the he friday preview?
I assume they’ll post the link to this page, maybe?

Which is it? Is Universal forcing these TMs back with their corporate greed; or are the TMs not socially distancing/wearing masks in break rooms and also hanging out with each other after work in bars? Because you’ve now said all three things.

What do you want to bet that the majority of those employees would gladly be “forced back to work for corporate greed”?

Universal and Disney have the money to invest in rapid test antigen kits, enough that they could make it daily if they wanted to, which if not eliminating transmission completely would still *dramatically* lower it. There's a measure of personal responsibility for the TM/CM's, sure, but at the same time you have to admit that the multi-billion dollar corporations could be doing a lot more to protect employees and guests than they currently are.

I mean, are you actually trying to argue that some irresponsible employees existing means it's impossible for corporate greed to also exist? :lol:

Also, the TMs not socially distancing in the break rooms is not an optional thing. They're legitimately too small to distance. It cannot be done. It's not a TM choice.

And many do want to go back despite whatever concerns they may have because of the current economy. That also does not negate the corporate greed, backstage safety issues, etc. Multiple things can coexist and be true...

-----

As for the Billie discussion that keeps coming up, I'd like to remind everyone that a week after HHN was scrapped, she dropped this one-off single which is far brighter in tone:

If this is a sign of a new direction for her, it's not especially surprising that her team wouldn't want to stay stuck in the past of her first era a full 2 1/2 years after that record's initial release. I'll be sad to see it go, but it makes sense from her marketing team's side of things alone, not to mention HHN's potential issues with doing so as well.

Last edited:
I registered for premier pass holder day for 2pm. Was gonna do later but figured it will still be bright out so it wouldn't matter. And it's its one time for both house.

I mean, are you actually trying to argue that some irresponsible employees existing means it's impossible for corporate greed to also exist? :lol:

Also, the TMs not socially distancing in the break rooms is not an optional thing. They're legitimately too small to distance. It cannot be done. It's not a TM choice.

And many do want to go back despite whatever concerns they may have because of the current economy. That also does not negate the corporate greed, backstage safety issues, etc. Multiple things can coexist and be true...
I’d actually argue it’s impossible for corporate greed to exist, period. But that’s another subject for a non-universal forum for another day.

It’s also a bit disingenuous to bring up the size of the breakroom while conveniently ignoring the lack of mask wearing as a way to attempt a rebuttal.

I said what I said, and if you want to poll the thousands of laid off and furloughed Loews/Universal employees, I’m sure you’d find most would agree with me. Remember that @Nick was the same person who tried to argue with me that the Bourne stunt performers shouldn’t perform as its dangerous and I merely suggested that maybe the performers, not Nick, should decide if they want to work.

I said then what I’ll said now- Lets stop self-projecting onto adults that are big boys and girls and capable of making their own autonomous decisions in a time period that absolutely sucks for everyone. Some more than others.

And for someone who is working to be complaining on a forum is a wee bit tone deaf when there are millions unemployed; including many unemployed on this forum alone.

I’d actually argue it’s impossible for corporate greed to exist, period. But that’s another subject for a non-universal forum for another day.

It’s also a bit disingenuous to bring up the size of the breakroom while conveniently ignoring the lack of mask wearing as a way to attempt a rebuttal.

I said what I said, and if you want to poll the thousands of laid off and furloughed Loews/Universal employees, I’m sure you’d find most would agree with me. Remember that @Nick was the same person who tried to argue with me that the Bourne stunt performers shouldn’t perform as its dangerous and I merely suggested that maybe the performers, not Nick, should decide if they want to work.

I said then what I’ll said now- Lets stop self-projecting onto adults that are big boys and girls and capable of making their own autonomous decisions in a time period that absolutely sucks for everyone. Some more than others.

And for someone who is working to be complaining on a forum is a wee bit tone deaf when there are millions unemployed; including many unemployed on this forum alone.

Yikes :lol:

I didn't bother mentioning the masks because it's in my initial point. Some irresponsible TMs doesn't excuse irresponsible work quarters. That's not how that works.

The self-projection thing is kind of a massive joke when you're talking to @Nick, a TM, and myself, a former TM who knows many active TMs dealing with this exact situation currently. This isn't just making things up out of thin air. Concerns are genuinely out there from said adults. Acting like the decision between "going broke and staying safe" and "working and risking a life-threatening illness" is simple is wildly daft.

The "polling TMs" part is moot seeing as I literally acknowledged that "many do want to go back despite whatever concerns they may have because of the current economy." And as I also said, "that does not negate the backstage safety issues, etc. Multiple things can coexist and be true...". @Nick wasn't even saying "close the parks and stop employing TMs". He suggested rapid testing TMs to keep them safe at their job so that they can stay safe and paid. He also acknowledged that it doesn't strictly fall on Universal.

Last edited:

So do you wanna poll the thousands of workers that were laid off so they can “agree” with you or do you wanna “stop self-projecting onto adults who are big boys and girls...”??

Can we please not do this.

I registered for premier pass holder day for 2pm. Was gonna do later but figured it will still be bright out so it wouldn't matter. And it's its one time for both house.
I checked for a late time to see if I could make it and the store has crashed.

So do you wanna poll the thousands of workers that were laid off so they can “agree” with you or do you wanna “stop self-projecting onto adults who are big boys and girls...”??

Can we please not do this.
Yes. Poll them. Let them have their own voice like self governing adults should.
That’s always my stance.

Simple, really.

Yes. Poll them. Let them have their own voice like self governing adults should.
That’s always my stance.

Simple, really.
No one is saying that they shouldn't be working though? What is there to even poll? @Nick literally just suggested rapid testing and you somehow spiraled into "Stop trying to keep TMs unemployed".