Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 19 Reviews & Photos

I wish they'd turn down the lights all around the park too. I can read the fine print on the back of my credit card by MIB.[/QUOTE]

i agree! it seems that this is one of the problems along with WAY to many dead spots all over the park, including some of the scare zones. sometimes u cant even tell you went by a scarezone :(. i alway go on the peak night cause i've found there to be more "scary people" working both the houses and zones. i've always enjoy HHN, but it ALWAYS seems that they should do more to fill in all the empty spaces.

every year when i get home i write to UO to remind them of these problems. guess they have there reasons since they never really change it.

BIG BIG thanks to everyone for all the reviews and pics. i read all of them and take notes so im well informed when i go.

Untitled-6.jpg

Brian Peppers?

Jake,
Man Up Brother (J/K),
Giant and Myself worked the venue for F13th and I know where your coming from! Costume of 4 layers, Mask from hell, no A/C. But look on the bright side, cold front just came thru, it will only be in the 80's this week.

I hope that makes a difference. Not trying to complain, just trying to stress the point of how taxing it is on our bodies. I honestly love the job, which is why I'm still doing. Hopefully we will up the energy a little bit though.

yeah once you're able to get out of the house and actually cool down from the weather it will be a lot easier on y'all and you'll be able to do more...are they letting you all take bottles of water on set with you to keep backstage so you can stay hydrated through your sets?

yeah once you're able to get out of the house and actually cool down from the weather it will be a lot easier on y'all and you'll be able to do more...are they letting you all take bottles of water on set with you to keep backstage so you can stay hydrated through your sets?

Yes, and I'm so thankful they are. About 25 minutes in you need a good refueling, and that's when that water bottle comes in handy.

So I got the opportunity to experience the event with BriMan and annabannaboo tonight and I had a blast! We only got to do 4 houses, 5 scarezones, and 2 shows in just under 7 hours.

Review:

Haunted Houses

Silver Screams - Amazing scares in this house! I was mostly freaked out by the Usher and the Phantom of the Opera. I went through the same cast I did on 9/25 and they seemed to have stepped it up. 4/4 Popcorn Boxes.

Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned - One of the better houses of the night. I was impressed with the detail, the scares (which I got a lot of!), and the length of the house in general. Great job to what cast I walked through. Oh, yeah.. Who said "I know you" at the exit??? 4/4 Popcorn Boxes.

The Wolfman - The detail in the house was OUTSTANDING! Was really loving the forest scene until the Wolfman decided to scare me and annabannaboo. :lol: Great scares. 4/4 Popcorn Boxes.

Chucky: Friends til the End - This house seems to get even more better each time I go through the house. The cast managed to deliver several scares targeted at me. 4/4 Popcorn Boxes.

Scarezones

War of the Living Dead - My low anticipations for this scarezone were met this evening. Not one of the scareactors in this scarezone managed to scare me. The detail was cool, but the scare factor wasn't there. It was mostly cool than scary. 1/5 Popcorn Boxes.

Horrorwood Die In - The atmosphere for this scarezone is so much better at night. Loved the interaction from Mrs. Ganush. 4/5 Popcorn Boxes.

Cirque du Freak - Naturally I am going to be a bit biased as this is my scarezone, but my opposite cast did a good job. However, they need to work on the scaring a bit more in order to help this scarezone look more effective. LOOOOVE the detail though, which helps out my overall rating. 5/5 Popcorn Boxes.

Apocalypse: City of Cannibals - Wow. I don't even want to go there with this scarezone. It totally and by far sucked. Worst scarezone of the event. Not enough people scaring guests. Also, it was a small scarezone in what could be the largest section of the park. 0.5/5 Popcorn Boxes.

Containment - This scarezone was mediocre with the scares, but it looks pretty cool at night. More scares, please! 2/5 Popcorn Boxes.

Shows

Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute - Show was amazing as always. Only issue I had was Rocky. 2/2 Popcorn Boxes.

Bill and Ted - Most excellent! Without giving anything away, this year happens to be one of the best shows I've seen. 2/2 Popcorn Boxes.

Finally signed out early enough to hit a few houses. Cast B of Chucky and Cleaver.

Cleaver:

There was lots of detail and I knew this wasn't going to be "scary". I honestly had set the bar low so I wouldn't get to disappointed. Cast B still was lower than that bar. I'm sorry if your on Cast B. I know it's the last set of the night but keep up the energy guys. You guys had awesome detail, deliver on it. There was plenty of spots for great scares where I just didn't get them. Right now Cast B. C-

Chucky:

Another house the bar wasn't set high with. I was expecting something quasi mediocre. Tolerable, palatable, but not something that would blow my mind. I don't know if it was because I set the bar low or because I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but dear god AWESOME house. The costumes, the sets, the scares...that the girl behind me were getting. All extremely good. You guys were on an extra set I'd assume and still rocking it. Awesome job Chucky. I could write this whole review on detail alone though. Right now Cast W/E gets a A-. Just because I didn't get any scares and the girl behind me got all of them.

Adrianna and I did the "Unmasking The Horror" tour. We were allowed to grab some pictures and video of the Frankenstein and Dracula houses which we will get up later. The tour was fantastic and recommend it to any HHN fan out there. It was really weird to see the houses essentially lit up, but it gave us more time to check out the little details that you normally have 2-3 seconds to glance night when you attend the event. I'll post more thoughts on our tour later when we get the media up but I did want mention to all the "Cindy Caine" fans out there, there is a "Cindy" reference in one of the houses. :thumbs:

Adrianna and I did the "Unmasking The Horror" tour. We were allowed to grab some pictures and video of the Frankenstein and Dracula houses which we will get up later. The tour was fantastic and recommend it to any HHN fan out there. It was really weird to see the houses essentially lit up, but it gave us more time to check out the little details that you normally have 2-3 seconds to glance night when you attend the event. I'll post more thoughts on our tour later when we get the media up but I did want mention to all the "Cindy Caine" fans out there, there is a "Cindy" reference in one of the houses. :thumbs:

Awesome! We're doing the tour the last Thursday of the event..... can't wait!!:happy:

I wish I could do UTH. Ehh maybe some other year. :(

Get those pics up from there soon Brian. (After the event) :(

Just got back from tonight's event. My feet hurt but I wanted to let you all know that we will have pics and vid of the Tour tomorrow as well as some other neat stuff we learned from it.

Also, more pics of the event and and finally some Scarezone grades. :thumbs:

Just got back from tonight's event. My feet hurt but I wanted to let you all know that we will have pics and vid of the Tour tomorrow as well as some other neat stuff we learned from it.

Also, more pics of the event and and finally some Scarezone grades. :thumbs:

Awesome! Cannot wait to see. ;)