1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights '19 Speculation

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2019' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

Shudder released a list of stories they're adapting and none of them are the originals.

cdogsumo, Fallow and horrornights789 like this.
  2. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

Well that’s… pretty surprising IMO. I guess The Creeper really is the only thing that’ll be remotely similar to the original. Hopefully they make it clear that it’s the show(if that’s what comes) since fans of the original would probably get pissed

hhnlover likes this.
  3. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

Let's do this.. Licensing Nightmare: The Maze!!

4. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Rookie

A maze scary enough to even scare the designers!

Dangelo96, Horror Lover and hhnlover like this.
  5. Herny15

Herny15 Newcomer

Right now it seems extremely likely that the Shudder show will be represented but I think there’s enough evidence for the film coming as well. Murdy said a while back that he was writing a treatment for a maze which had a good chance of not coming to fruition so he already made a backup treatment. What if Nicotero approached Murdy to make a maze based on the show but he wanted to do the Stephen King movie instead? And I believe Murdy even mentioned that he made one of his best maze pitches ever this year, maybe it was the pitch that made King give him the green light for one of his IPs. This might sound like a total stretch but I don’t think it’s entirely impossible.

6. Presto95

Presto95 Newcomer

Doctor Sleep is being marketed as a sequel to Kubrick’s adaption of The Shining because it IS a sequel to Kubrick’s adaption, not necessarily just an adaption of the Doctor Sleep book.

Flanagan was able to convince King that if they were to do Doctor Sleep as a film, it would have to be connected to the story Kubrick told, otherwise it wouldn’t work with people. Apparently King liked his pitch and surprisingly gave him the okay to go ahead with it.

Fallow likes this.
  7. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

I know that. What I'm saying is that when the GA thinks The Shining, they think "hotel, creepy twins, Jack Nicholson." I have a hunch that when marketing starts pulling the curtains back and reveals "the main villains are vampires dying of measles living in a winnebago," people are gonna get whiplash and start asking how in the hell it all relates to the Shining, even if it shares some main characters.

EDIT:Also, psychic powers were a huge part of King's novel and Doctor Sleep the novel (there's alot of "exploring dreamscape" stuff a la Nightmare on Elm Street in the book, you can see some of that in the trailer), but they were tangential at best to Kubrick's movie. Again, just a tough needle to thread.

rocklobsterrr_85 and Fallow like this.
  8. HORRORable Commenter

HORRORable Commenter Newcomer

I remember John saying that he met one of his idols for the first time this year, so could it be king? Did he have a relationship with him during the Shining maze season?

9. HorrorNightsFan13

HorrorNightsFan13 Rookie

Nope. King was actually very opposed to them bringing The Shining to the event. What’s speculated to have happened was a travel agency leaked early that The Shining was going to be coming to the event and it mentioned King’s Name (this first part actually happened. Next part is speculation) and apparently Universal went through Warner Brothers and the Kubrick estate, didn’t talk to King at all about it so when he caught wind of the travel agency using his name he tried to get the maze shut down. So I’d say they didn’t have a personal relationship, but I definitely don’t think Universal and King are on the best of terms

10. Joey

Joey Member

11. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Disney owns the IP rights now to American Horror Story thanks to the FOX merger, soo....

Meanwhile, if today's the day..then let it be finally out of the freaking wood work.

SukaVayne73 and hhnlover like this.
  12. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

13. rageofthegods

RG0BS1U.gif

14. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

15. rageofthegods

BTW, for those wondering about the Creepshow facade, @HHNManics posted a picture over on Construction that shows the nonsensical "facade" we saw earlier covered up with a giant board, which looks an awful lot like a comic book cover. There's still a real chance that it's the OG.

16. Drlots47

Drlots47 Newcomer

So what are we thinking for the announcement tomorow? Ghostbusters? I'm hoping it's Ghostbusters

hhnlover likes this.
  17. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

The twitter said ‘check back tomorrow’ and also ‘I have a call on that one night’ and ‘ill see if I can dial up something’ all replying to people’s questions, and all of the quotes are said by the secretary in ghostbusters.

18. HORRORable Commenter

HORRORable Commenter Newcomer

What are we all thinking? GB or KK

Drlots47 likes this.
  19. foodstampsFTW

foodstampsFTW Member

The GB announcement has been ready for like a month now and has been leaked by Uni themselves already, can't imagine it won't be that.

Also do we think all ticket options go on sale tomorrow as well.

20. Jaden

Jaden Rookie

Murdy has been hearing something strange in Holidayz In Hell, which can mean one thing...... who ya gonna call?

HorrorNightsFan13 likes this.