Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Though it may not be a question on everyone's minds, do you think in Killer Klowns they'll use the original film's soundtrack, or the updated "Reimagined" score? The reimagined soundtrack is more heavy and louder and seemingly would work better in a haunt environment, but the original version is classic.

Though it may not be a question on everyone's minds, do you think in Killer Klowns they'll use the original film's soundtrack, or the updated "Reimagined" score? The reimagined soundtrack is more heavy and louder and seemingly would work better in a haunt environment, but the original version is classic.
Possibly both.

I did actually notice something today and that's that all Metro Set mazes has some sort of fencing on the facade.
SFGmSpn.jpg
IMG_20190120_221633_169.jpg
HHN-Preview-2016-1.jpg
33496981_ytVv3xjZVQ4nv8m904QWYQpXxsxfpmOYyareTa7grjc.jpg
maxresdefault-6.jpg
So probably whatever maze that will go in the Metro Sets this year will also have fencing on the facade.

Possibly both.

I did actually notice something today and that's that all Metro Set mazes has some sort of fencing on the facade.
View attachment 8721
View attachment 8725
View attachment 8723
View attachment 8722
View attachment 8724
So probably whatever maze that will go in the Metro Sets this year will also have fencing on the facade.
I was thinking both as well for KKFOS but I realized when listening to them back to back that the different styles don't mesh incredibly well, which makes me wonder how it might go. Also in terms of fencing that could be used for The Thing for an Institute Station 4 exterior facade, but its hard to see if theres any around it from exterior shots in the movie.

Possibly both.

View attachment 8721
View attachment 8725
View attachment 8723
View attachment 8722
View attachment 8724

It could have to do with how the tent is laid out? Like, there has to be a place where actors can get in on the side, so it makes sense to have a facade that "juts" out of the tent in order for the queue to be a few feet away from the actual side of the tent. That way, the actors can enter the sides of the maze.

That's why a location like the Poltergeist/FvJ spot can get away with facades that either have fences or don't have fences; the sides of the tent is nowhere near the queue, so actors can still get in and out without having to fight through guests.

The Thing makes sense for that area, but idk; I feel like it'll get a surprisingly big location this year, like Polt did this year. If they did do the THing, they could pull an AvED gag and have the Norwegian Camp facade on an incline, simulating the hill that it was on in the film. Hellraiser is probably too big for that location, but the house from that movie has alot of prominent shrubbery. The circus tent from Killer Klownz is an obvious choice, maybe with a few cotton-candied cars parked out front. Maybe there's a fence in the hispanic original?

From the properties that have been discussed on here this is the list of properties most to least likely coming to HHN 2019
(Keep in mind there can only be 7-(possibly 8) mazes)
1. Stranger Things 2
2. The Haunting of Hill House
3. Killer Klownz From Outer-space
4. The Horrors of Blumhouse Chapter 3/ solo Happy Death Day maze
5. Hellraiser
6. The Thing
7. Pink Floyd
8. Hispanic original
9. Chucky (2013)
10. Rob Zombie property(s)

Early bet is 1-7 with maybe Thing subbed out for the Hispanic original

What if snow maze meant Holidayz In Hell?
Well I kinda see then doing Holidayz again but for a Scare Zone with different props/sets and different versions of characters (Like Dark Christmas 14/15). I would think the Hispanic Original would have more of a chance than Holidayz being a maze this year because it already has a written treatment. I mean also Murdy did like tweets about the Thing in October so there's also that.

Plus typically he wound answer the question with "Oh I love to do it but it would be really expensive" no he just answered with I would love to do it.

Last edited:
Dang thats a good implication. He usually will outright follow up with a "but", but he just goes and says he'd love to do it this time... count me in The Thing camp.

Hopefully we get it. I’m just hoping our budget doesn’t go overboard between the puppets in Thing, Hellraiser, and ST2
Me think that if we are getting 2 Soundstage Mazes possibly (Hill House and ST). Then we would probably be fine on budget but I could of course be wrong.

Wouldn't KKFOS also contribute to HHN 2019 being expensive with how big some of those clown outfits/masks are, including
JoJo the Klownzilla

IMG_1046.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg