Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

With that and the upcharge VR experience rumored, you really think this sounds like a budget year?

Yep

Universal complains that they don't make enough money from HHN. I'd love to see this year blow away all expectations and I wouldnt be surprised if it did, but I'm going in with low expectations.

EDIT: Due to what I've been told.

Last edited:
To be honest at least at the moment it sounds like this year will be as ambitious if not more than last year. Hopefully the Universal higher ups don't mess with the funding.
The only thing I thought was truly ambitious was Universal Monsters. Everything else felt like business as usual.

Although it wouldn't be practical this year, once we get Baker and French streets back once SLoP opens, I would love to see mini-shows for the scarezones. I only say it wouldn't be realistic this year because they can't pull that off in high-traffic scarezones. Only lower-traffic ones like Baker and French. Maybe they could pull it off in the Metro Gauntlet, but again....traffic.
Yep

Universal complains that they don't make enough money from HHN. I'd love to see this year blow away all expectations and I wouldnt be surprised if it did, but I'm going in with low expectations.

I know there's a lot of added cost to this event that Orlando doesn't have to fund (scarezctors being paid double from what Florida pays due to AGVA, buying out the Metro, etc.). I'm sure that's why, but it sucks how it is. They really should cut a house if they're struggling with quality that much.

....so, keep in mind that this may only permate to Orlando..but hey, might as well post it here.

So I haven’t been keeping up with rumors of late so excuse me if I’m extremely late with this...
upload_2019-2-9_17-2-20-jpeg.8908
I’ll just say that it would take a Scream-like fallout for this to NOT happen. They’re that far with it.

Yep

Really? I heard that even Hollywood made boatloads of cash last year, prompting some in the Orlando community to worry that management will make Patrick make do with a smaller budget.

But yeah, if Hollywood wants to make money, they're gonna need to give Murdy a higher budget from the sound of it. ESPECIALLY if Alien happens.

Part of me guesses if this is happening; it's Exclusive to Orlando, and something else is in our ballpark.

Not because we don't have the audience..but because it may cost more than it's willing. I got some ideas, but I doubt much of it makes sense.

Part of me guesses if this is happening; it's Exclusive to Orlando, and something else is in our ballpark.

Not because we don't have the audience..but because it may cost more than it's willing. I got some ideas, but I doubt much of it makes sense.
Or maybe they will take creative liberties on its setting.

If Alien is happening...budget year my rear.

Or maybe they will take creative liberties on its setting.

If Alien is happening...budget year my rear.

That too, and perhaps reuse what they still potentially have from AvP (But even then, I thought people said that the puppets had to be removed?) to make something out of it. Likely would mean no Queen though, unless it's just the face.

I'm willing to bet this will be their exclusive while ours won't come in the form of a maze... rather a particularly interesting IP that has a connection to another rumored bicoastal maze... just a hunch though.

KKFOS, The Thing, and Alien. If this is true, 2019 is gonna be year of the aliens.

EDIT: Man, lineup is looking better already, but holy crap if Alien is true, then this year is gonna be some heavy budget mazes.

Last edited:
So I just saw Happy Death Day 2U and it was better than the first but I can see a maze coming out of the 2 films but it will primarily be the first film. With some scenes from the second film. Here's all that works.
1st Film:
Facade:
20181215_090236.jpg
20181215_090212.jpg
Like Orlando's in Blumhouse last year.
Password:
IMG_20190203_122608.jpg
Handing out Party Invites or Bayfield Merchandise. With the first scene of the maze obviously being the Dorm Room.
- Underground Pathway and area Death scene (Like Orlando did)
20190209_233032.jpg
- Party Death Scene (Like Orlando did)
20190209_233005.jpg
20190209_233012.jpg
- Cappa's Room Death Scene
- Outside Window Death (During Montage)
- Drowning Death Scene (During Montage, Like Halloween 2)
- Blockways Death Scene (During Montage)
- Hospital (2 Deaths: Cop Car, Suicide)
20190209_233025.jpg
- Parking Lot Scene (Like Orlando did)
20190209_233040.jpg

2nd Film:
- Chem Lab Scene
20190209_233509.jpg
- School Stadium Backrooms/Storage Room Scene
20190209_233422.jpg
- Hospital (Bottom Floor)
20190209_233442.jpg
20190209_233437.jpg
20190209_233431.jpg

Keep in mind while most scenes will be the first film the scenes in the second film are ripped directly from HHN. Flashing lights, curtains, perfect scare locations. It works.
So for those curious but don't want to click yes it works as a maze. But it will mostly be the first film and the second film doesn't really have a lot. I wouldn't mind a maze but I could also easily see them putting it in a Horrors of Blumhouse 3 as well. But we will see what will happen.