Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I'd love to see a Psycho maze, the section in HoH was some of my favorite of that maze. Honestly, you could just do it 85% original stuff, or make the mistake of doing the sequels, but either way I'd be happy. I mean, the section on the Terror Tram, I wanna say in 06-08, was largely just Norman killing some jocks and cheerleaders, which was FANTASTIC. Give me a whole maze of that for all I care. Heck, if they want to expand Psycho to the whole tram, that'd be cool too.
And yes, said it in my review, but a Holidayz in Hell maze would be so great. They honestly could just throw a tent over the zone, as it is now, and it'd be pretty great but sadly short.

As far as Hitchcock is concerned, I've always been under the impression for Hollywood; if we were to see something from his stuff adapted to a maze..it'd be Psycho, but in a way that isn't a 1 for 1.

If any of you would be concerned how they would pull off the birds with scares, I went through Scarecrow in Orlando last year. They had a room with strobes and loud crow sound effects. They had wind bladders with feathers blowing on it to simulate crows attacking you. It worked pretty well.

You can also have victims with their eyes poked out jumping out at you acting dead, feather ninjas, puppets....I think it could work pretty well for a segment in a mashup House.

OK, so Killer Klownz from Outer Space is almost definitely gonna be our cult classic this year.

BUT: they oughtta bring the Cornettos Trilogy one of these days. What a perfect opportunity for a comedy house.

I'd be fine even if they just did Shaun of the Dead, there's a lot to work with and would surely be helluva lot better than TITE. The scarezone they did a few years ago was pretty cool. I have zero desire to see Worlds End or Hot Fuzz at HHN. 15th anniversary would be next year, they should do iiiiit.

I'd be fine even if they just did Shaun of the Dead, there's a lot to work with and would surely be helluva lot better than TITE. The scarezone they did a few years ago was pretty cool. I have zero desire to see Worlds End or Hot Fuzz at HHN. 15th anniversary would be next year, they should do iiiiit.
By a few years, you mean nearly a decade ago? :)

By a few years, you mean nearly a decade ago? :)

"What? That's impossi-Oh my God."

I'm a huge fan of the entire trilogy, and I think the other two movies could add some real variety to the maze. Things like Ash vs Evil Dead style action sequences in Hot Fuzz, or Roanoke style giant aliens in World's End. Idk, just Shaun of the Dead would be cool too.

I'm a huge fan of the entire trilogy, and I think the other two movies could add some real variety to the maze. Things like Ash vs Evil Dead style action sequences in Hot Fuzz, or Roanoke style giant aliens in World's End. Idk, just Shaun of the Dead would be cool too.
shaun of the dead already has tons of scenes
facade - grocerry store
scene 1 - grocerry store
facade 2 - shaun's house
scene 2 - living room
scene 3 - bathroom
scene 4 - backyard
scene 5 - street [ could redress the tite car prop for a scare here]
scene 6 - mum's house/facade
scene 7 - street/2 [ zombie Philip stuck in car]
facade 3 - winchester [zombie horde scare]
scene 8 - don't stop me now [zombie mum as scare]
scene 9 - david's death
scene 10 - shoot out [ zombie pete as scare]
scene 11 - cellar [ed will serve as distraction]
scene 12 - army [one side zombies will scare while another military will try and shoot at them]
scene 13 - shed [zombie ed as one last scare]

shaun of the dead already has tons of scenes
facade - grocerry store
scene 1 - grocerry store
facade 2 - shaun's house
scene 2 - living room
scene 3 - bathroom
scene 4 - backyard
scene 5 - street [ could redress the tite car prop for a scare here]
scene 6 - mum's house/facade
scene 7 - street/2 [ zombie Philip stuck in car]
facade 3 - winchester [zombie horde scare]
scene 8 - don't stop me now [zombie mum as scare]
scene 9 - david's death
scene 10 - shoot out [ zombie pete as scare]
scene 11 - cellar [ed will serve as distraction]
scene 12 - army [one side zombies will scare while another military will try and shoot at them]
scene 13 - shed [zombie ed as one last scare]
You're right, that's a pretty fleshed out maze. I guess I just want those weird postmodern statues from World's End to show up, lol.

The way I see it, if they ever did the Cornetto Trilogy at the event, it'd be a lot like AHS (2016):
  • Long first section (Murder House / Shaun of the Dead).
  • Short middle section (Freak Show / Hot Fuzz).
  • Medium final section (Hotel / The World's End).
Shaun of the Dead has enough content to work as its own maze, but representing Hot Fuzz and The World's End would be amazing as well.
I think the Romeo & Juliet murders and NWA Catacombs scene in Hot Fuzz could work really well as an executed portion of a maze. Creating the Blanks in The World's End might be a little complicated to pull off. They could use masks (similar to the TWDA ones) with UV-reactive white eyes/mouths and just illuminate black-light throughout the whole section.

...but please PLEASE give us a Shaun of the Dead maze! I've been wanting it for years!
(It's a bit strange that I was introduced to Shaun of the Dead from the Silver Screams maze in Orlando. Never went through it, but I wish I saw how it was like).

I just realized I posted about a Cornettos trilogy maze last year at around the same time! lol. I'll post what I wrote then here:

Man, I've been thinking more about a Cornettos Trilogy maze and honestly, I'd be pretty stoked to see it come.

Have it be like AHS n 2016 or Titans this year, where it begins with a long section (Shaun of the Dead), followed by a short section (Hot Fuzz - favorite movie in the trilogy, but not horror) and then ending with a big special effects showcase (World's End).

Shaun of the Dead could begin in the Convenience Store, go through Shaun's Apartment (with the roommate in the shower) and backyard, through some london streets with Shaun's dad in the car, then past some backyard fences a la El Cucuy and Ash (with Shaun attacking from above, of course). Climax at a Walking Dead style zombie-mob outside the pub.

Hot Fuzz could be a few rooms like the actors' death scene, the flower shop, and the hotel room, before going through the "GREATER GOOD" scene and the pile of corpses with the living statue. Ends during the shootout in the grocery store / the miniature village with some Ash-style character interactions ("FASCIST!" "Hag.").

World's End could be the bathroom fight, the twins, and the fight in the barroom. Stick Walker from Roanoke could become one of the Modern Art statues. Expect lots of dismemberment, people holding heads (blue blood this time!) and maybe even some scenes of Gary King crying.

Have the whole maze end at the pub, with characters from all three attacking; zombies from Shaun, the Sandford citizens from Hot Fuzz, and the Aliens from World's End.

EDIT: Speaking of zombies, 28 days later might be a cool layover for London Streets this year. I know that franchise is apparently dead, but it was awesome while it lasted, and it'd be nice to see some fast zombies for a change.

I still think that'd make a good, lengthy backlot maze, maybe at Blumhouse's spot this year.

One must wonder if next year, we'll finally get more than one show.. there's a rumor for the Orlando side about a show I'd love to see come to our HHN..
While a second show would be nice to eat up the crowds, they desperately need to use the money that would have used for that to improve the quality of the houses. The black wallz really need to go.

They're totally not going to do this, but I would be down with axing a house (Excluding TWD as that would hardly do any good) if it means making the event better. I don't think they should even think about adding another house for a long, LONG time. I don't care if we're as "big" as Orlando. I just want a quality event that's not filled with empty rooms.

We definitely have enough mazes. I think we're at a stellar count. However, getting rid of the tram would be silly -- it's a major people eater. Honestly, that's probably the only main reason they keep it anymore because it serves a very specific function to spread people in more places, as it has a 99% conversion rate of all people that attend HHN. Opening Potter wouldn't quite be the equivelant. And how much budget is it even eating up anyway with all the reused props and costumes? They upped the prices this year by a pretty large margin, sold a ton of alcohol, got rid of nearly all their merch aside from Uni Monsters... budget should be fine. It's the odd numbered year curse I worry about...

Am I the only one who thinks the Purge (TV Show) might be the Gaunlet for 2019? First Purge did okay with guest ratings and was extremely popular night after night. And the TV Show got renewed for a 2nd Season so it would make sense to promote.

Matter of fact the Second episode features like a actual gaunlet and they refer to it as the Gauntlet.
IMG_20181110_114242.jpg
They can pretty much have this be the facade and there are like 3 major locations where stuff happens.
Gauntlet, Carnival, Bus that drives around with people in it delivering them to death by Purgers paying.
And aside from those there are a lot of outside stuff that happens too like even people are strung up with signs on them like the 2016 Purge Scare Zone in the Metro Sets. And there are a lot of characters that are brand new and would be *cool* to see.

Just personally IMO.

Last edited:
We definitely have enough mazes. I think we're at a stellar count. However, getting rid of the tram would be silly -- it's a major people eater. Honestly, that's probably the only main reason they keep it anymore because it serves a very specific function to spread people in more places, as it has a 99% conversion rate of all people that attend HHN. Opening Potter wouldn't quite be the equivelant. And how much budget is it even eating up anyway with all the reused props and costumes? They upped the prices this year by a pretty large margin, sold a ton of alcohol, got rid of nearly all their merch aside from Uni Monsters... budget should be fine. It's the odd numbered year curse I worry about...

I stress again: as long as they don't up the house count this year, they should be fine. They didn't do that in 2015, and while that year wasn't legendary, it still featured some really good mazes like Halloween, Crimson Peak, and Insidious (Honestly, I think people hate on that year only for This is the End). I honestly think we're at a good maze count this year; the black walls weren't nearly as noticeable this time around, and it was obvious that there was some kind of budget injection this time around (If this was 2017, most of Poltergeist would've been black wallz, instead of just one hallway. Plus, all dat set-design in Classic Monsters)