Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If that Latin Urban Legend maze was to happen it wouldn't have a Zone. But Holidayz in there. They probably wouldn't do it as a Zone but it's possible and they wouldn't have the music for it. It's like how Holidayz didn't have any Figure Music last year or anything. And why would it be a Rap? Why do we keep assuming it's a Rap? Murdy clearly said it could be any type of musician and I think it is clear they wouldn't make the music for a Zone versus a Maze and a Zone (Ex: Monsters, Holidayz).

I don't think there is gonna be a Corporate Synergy house this year. I really don't. Seeing as though they are listening to us by giving us a Original maze and hyping us up by saying they want to give us a Better product this year (At Monsterpalooza) I don't see any corporate synergy or any film from this year coming to the event even with the whole 2 Script thing.

Murdy said in the panel the music would be contemporary

I think they’d put it in the 747 Tent where Poltergeist went last year, either that or the Metro Tent. Also recap on spec lineup:

Confirmed:
- Stranger Things 2&3(SS22)
- Holidayz in Hell(Parisian Courtyard)

Speculated:
- Universal Monsters 2.0
- Ghostbusters
- Mexican Original

Don’t Know if They’re Even In the Cards Anymore:
- Us
- Suspiria
- The Haunting of Hill House

Honestly I doubt very much Ghostbusters is going to happen, it is seen as a family movie more so than ST. As for Monsters, Murdy probably would have announced it at the panel as he talked a lot about it. He has always made it clear that Monsters was something he has always wanted to do and was a big challenge. So he probably wouldn't do it a second year in a row. At least, that's my opinion.

Honestly I doubt very much Ghostbusters is going to happen, it is seen as a family movie more so than ST. As for Monsters, Murdy probably would have announced it at the panel as he talked a lot about it. He has always made it clear that Monsters was something he has always wanted to do and was a big challenge. So he probably wouldn't do it a second year in a row. At least, that's my opinion.

I know we referenced it before, but in the case for Ghostbusters..

• Both Polt and GB have the same ratings, because they were released before the PG-13 rating was a thing
  • Ray and a ghost presumably had sex, as seen in a clip that I won't pull up as it's just..weird
I have some concerns on particular scenes that could be theoretically transferred, but it isn't as..impossible, as some may say.

Ghostbusters has more horror elements & adult themes than Stranger Things. Plane and simple.

No. It made more sense to announce Holidayz in Hell since Monsterpalooza is where they announced the scarezone last year. And yet, the UCM really wasn't that big of a challenge. It was just Murdy trying to create overly dramatic "hype". He did give us "House of Horrors" afterall (granted recycled stuff from previous incarnations). He also did the Universal Monster Remix overlays. Point is, he loves the monsters & last year's maze was an epic success that proved the popularity/scare-factor for Universal's legacy is high. Murdy was proud & wanted to explain the concept process behind it.

Also, considering we've seen IPs and/or characters return back to back to back etc, there is no reason to doubt the Monsters return. Besides, the Bride of Frankie needs some epic spotlight scare time. And Creature was cut entirely due to budget, so he needs his time to shine. Hunchback only got a SZ finale appearance. The Monsters need to be present at HHN in some capacity every year.

Now if they recreated that scene in the maze, as a distraction scare, I think that would go down in HHN history as one of the most memorable HHN maze moments.
5:03 - 5:09

This, except Dan Aykroyd's head is popping through the blanket, cross-eyed.

EDIT: Jokes aside, I just realized that they can re-purpose the Exorcist floating effect for the bedroom floating scene.

I really don't get why this Ghostbusters rumor comes up EVERY-SINGLE-YEAR.
TBH, this is the result of fanboys trying to push the IP onto Universal. I think it'd be great, but somehow it always gains traction, along with the "Ghostbusters Dark Ride."
Man... this steers us in such a wrong direction every time haha. This is pure Wishful Thinking and it somehow gets built up as a big, possible contender.
There's a brand new movie coming out next year. Maybe THAN it could be up for serious speculation.
It'd be fun and better than This Is The End, for sure, but come ooooon.

I really don't get why this Ghostbusters rumor comes up EVERY-SINGLE-YEAR.
TBH, this is the result of fanboys trying to push the IP onto Universal. I think it'd be great, but somehow it always gains traction, along with the "Ghostbusters Dark Ride."
Man... this steers us in such a wrong direction every time haha. This is pure Wishful Thinking and it somehow gets built up as a big, possible contender.
There's a brand new movie coming out next year. Maybe THAN it could be up for serious speculation.
It'd be fun and better than This Is The End, for sure, but come ooooon.

I think you might be surprised.

I will happily eat crow, but...
I decided to trace back exactly how far this started to come up every single year.
Apparently it's even further back than I thought.
The main thing that got this going was talk of a "Ghostbusters show" on the Vault.
That means before 2009!
And then I looked into who was getting this idea out there...
And one of the main influencers was...
Me.
Dear God, what have I done... *facepalm*

HNN. July 12th, 2010.
"- Ghostbusters, an idea of mine from back in the Vault days, would still be awesome."

Can't go back to The Vault, sadly, but this was one of the first instances of it being uttered on HNN.

I am... sorry. I created this monster... now... it's time to kill it.
*grabs a stake as people hold me back*
NOOOO! LET ME DO IT!!! JUST LET MEEEEE!!!

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
I decided to trace back exactly how far this started to come up every single year.
The main thing that got this going was talk of a "Ghostbusters show" on the Vault.
That means before 2009!
Me.

HNN. July 12th, 2010.
"- Ghostbusters, an idea of mine from back in the Vault days, would still be awesome."

Can't go back to The Vault, sadly, but this was one of the first instances of it being uttered on HNN.

Where were you when I showed my little brother how to play Fortnite.

Reactions: DTH
That means before 2009!
Me.

HNN. July 12th, 2010.

I mean you ate crow last year with Unfriended and ToD in a maze.

People are forgetting that this is a event where Unfriended and Truth or Dare happened in a maze....