Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly can see universal not changing jurrasic world for Hhn. Since it will be a newer ride around that time. Extra time and space to put guests for hhn. I highly doubt theyl use the overflow space again for a maze. Since theyl need may need it for jw, if it gets packed. If they end up making a jw overlay. Well we know that the que will not be used.

This is an old thought. But are there any rumors for the wizarding world finally opening up for hhn. Maybe as a scarezone. Jk rowling allows diagon alley to be open for hhn in orlando. So why not hollywood.

If I'm not mistaken, the main reason WWoHP is not open during HHN is due to the amount of time it takes to reset FJ, and the time span within HHN closing and FJ opening for the following days simply not enough time to let the attraction cool down. That said, I'm not sure if HHN is willing to just open Hogsmeade or if it'd attract any crowds at all. I'd like it just for the warm butter beer.

This is an old thought. But are there any rumors for the wizarding world finally opening up for hhn. Maybe as a scarezone. Jk rowling allows diagon alley to be open for hhn in orlando. So why not hollywood.
I hope so. That would up capacity so much and give them more money to work with for the event. Not to mention it would be awesome to finally see a Dementor scarezone. IF they do this, they're definitely adding more nights. You realize how many people are disappointed that Potter is closed during HHN? This will bring in the crowds.

I highly doubt it'd make that big of a splash to add more nights. The attraction opening in general didn't even have the impact they thought it would. Sure it was packed and broke records, but it cooled down very fast. It was doing maybe only an hour line or so by the end of it's first six months and it'd be a walk on if the park was open passed 6 PM. I feel like they built that giant parking structure for a whole lot of nothing. JW will be very fresh and new in 2019 so it'll stay the same, but it's very possible come 2020 it'll be back to its usual line and that overflow may open back up for maze use. Who knows, the ride may even be closed just to urge people to buy a day & night pass, that way they can steal more money AND use it as an extra spot for a maze next year. A good trade off would be to have HP open until at least 11 or 12. We don't need the Dementors and all that, just have it open so people have more places to go instead of packing in the lines!

Reactions: Horror Lover
I highly doubt it'd make that big of a splash to add more nights. The attraction opening in general didn't even have the impact they thought it would. Sure it was packed and broke records, but it cooled down very fast. It was doing maybe only an hour line or so by the end of it's first six months and it'd be a walk on if the park was open passed 6 PM. I feel like they built that giant parking structure for a whole lot of nothing. JW will be very fresh and new in 2019 so it'll stay the same, but it's very possible come 2020 it'll be back to its usual line and that overflow may open back up for maze use. Who knows, the ride may even be closed just to urge people to buy a day & night pass, that way they can steal more money AND use it as an extra spot for a maze next year. A good trade off would be to have HP open until at least 11 or 12. We don't need the Dementors and all that, just have it open so people have more places to go instead of packing in the lines!

To me, Harry Potter Hollywood didn't make the crazy impact because a version of it had already existed in Orlando for several years beforehand, so pretty much all the HP fans already got their fill over there before ours opened.. Jurassic World is an entirely different story.. It WILL be really interesting to see how that affects HHN.. and yes, having Hogsmeade open til at least Terror Tram closing time would help lines out..

And I know it means very little, but on the tickets page for HHN when it says "will return Fall 2019" it says "The thrills continue with our exclusive Terror Tram experience on the Universal Backlot..." I think that shows they have high stock in this attraction and that it's not going anywhere, even if it's a standard copy-paste page they had ready for every year, they still listed that first and foremost. I know it tests really high for tourists who are coming from out of town and have never been to Hollywood before. In a way, it's HHN's version of the Studio Tour, for guests to see some really famous movie sets, and without the Studio Tour, Universal is essentially nothing. At the end of the day, it's the tourist HHN will cater to, because those are the ones who will spend the most money on tickets, merchandise, and food. Their satisfaction is key. When locals completely deplete (and it looks like it's still just getting more popular due to Stranger Things), maybe then they will think about changing it up.

Speaking of Stranger Things, did anyone happen to get a video of the lights on tour?! I feel like that just went over our heads on the forum.

And I know it means very little, but on the tickets page for HHN when it says "will return Fall 2019" it says "The thrills continue with our exclusive Terror Tram experience on the Universal Backlot..." I think that shows they have high stock in this attraction and that it's not going anywhere, even if it's a standard copy-paste page they had ready for every year, they still listed that first and foremost. I know it tests really high for tourists who are coming from out of town and have never been to Hollywood before. In a way, it's HHN's version of the Studio Tour, for guests to see some really famous movie sets, and without the Studio Tour, Universal is essentially nothing. At the end of the day, it's the tourist HHN will cater to, because those are the ones who will spend the most money on tickets, merchandise, and food. Their satisfaction is key. When locals completely deplete (and it looks like it's still just getting more popular due to Stranger Things), maybe then they will think about changing it up.

Speaking of Stranger Things, did anyone happen to get a video of the lights on tour?! I feel like that just went over our heads on the forum.

I think this is pretty accurate. While the Terror Tram is pretty weak for repeat visitors, it's incredible on your very first run though. Let's all be honest... the first year, maybe even two or three Terror Tram was first open, everyone was gushing about how cool it was to walk through those sets. That alone still makes it pretty worthwhile, even if us uber fans are jaded by this point.

Even this year, when the tram made it's stop and you saw Harry standing there with the balloon, I heard a lot of "Oh hell no"s around me... so clearly this is a "first" for many HHN visitors.

As for ST daytime, correct, no pics or vids were allowed. They had TMs scattered throughout the maze to make sure no one did. It was surprisingly cool. Before entering, they played a video of Murphy talking about some of details. I didn't know that the newspapers that covered up the windows in the house were actually from the 80s. I have to give them credit, there's a lot more detail in those houses that I think even we realize sometimes.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Here's my Speculation list:
1) ST 2- because...duh.

2) Haunting of Hill House- Smash hit, another Netflix property that's a perfect fit for a maze? Yes, please

3) Killer Klowns- After a successful run as a scare zone in Orlando, this gets the Trick 'r Treatment.

4) Glass/Split- Universal properties, with Glass coming out this winter, this could be a great fit.

5) Universal Monsters 2.0- Adding Gillman, and maybe fleshing out the Hunchback scene.

Wish List:
1) The Thing (1982)

2) Chilling Adventures of Sabrina- I know it's a WB property, but if Netflix could strong-arm them into allowing it at HHN, it would be an amazing house.

3) Jurassic Park/World- While JW:FK was an absolute mess of a movie, the mansion portion of the film was a pretty original idea. Utilizing the Raptor puppet suits they've been using for M&Gs over the last few years, and you'd have a unique house, and a really cool tie-in to Jurassic World: The Ride

Reactions: marip123
I try not to give Murdy and co too much of a hard time for the upside down (just like I don't give them too hard a time over TiTE). They thought of the snow machine, they wanted to try something different with the cotton balls, it didn't work out. It be like that sometimes.

WRT Overlord, yeah there are nazis and guns, but they could always go with the Wolfenstein-in-Germany solution of just removing all the insignia and not explicitly calling them Nazis (I think that's what they did with American Werewolf?). I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm sure there are ways of painting around the gun problem (maybe just don't have actors using them, have them only be a lighting effect, like muzzle flashes and smoke, without actually *showing* them being fired, just straight up not have any guns, etc.)

Biggest problem I can see is whether anyone will remember Overlord in a year or two. Krampus and Dracula Untold got away with it by being an advertisement house; 2020 feels about right.
I agree about the particle effects, I think it was more just trying something new and failing than being concerned with budget.

With the remake being done by MGM maybe they could get a double deal with Chucky and Hellraiser?

Does MGM have the rights to Hellraiser? I could've sworn that that was TWC.

I'd love to see a proper Child's Play (original, but who's counting) maze and MGM worked with Uni on Poltergeist + Orlando did a SZ about it. Biggest issue I guess is just should it be the Chucky series that's still happening, or the remake? On the one hand, synergy, on the other hand, Brad Dourif.

Reactions: marip123
Put Chucky riding on top of a velociraptor. Letting dinosaurs loose. Killing workers, saying "free the beasts!" His voice guides your boat through a river of never ending horrors. Jurassic World? Nah.
Chucky World.
You're welcome for that idea, Murdy.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of the Scrapped Female Character Mexican Original coming to the event after Murdy's tweets.