Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Should've posted this in earlier posts when all the commotion of "changes in the lineup" from Orlando's blog were coming into this one.

I’m still trusting the people over here about IT still happening but I’m really not holding out hope for it. Orlando’s most reliable people are saying it’s gone so it’s a weird situation; hoping it’s false info

I have no idea how to post tweets, but his reply when HHNManics asked if 1984 had to do with the book of “Do it to Julia! Not me!” is central to the arc of the main character Winston Smith. It has been years since I read 1984 but I remember the line so I looked up the context...

"When Winston is caught by the government, he is told that there are three stages to his "reintegration": learning, understanding, and acceptance. Winston doesn't betray Julia until the last stage and when he yells for the torturers to, "Do it to Julia! Not me!", he has capitulated and accepted Big Brother. The acceptance of Big Brother is essential to the government because it means that Winston no longer has free will; he is nothing more..."

If I were a betting man I would look into Julia as a connection.

The only frame of reference I have is to assume The Thing is the answer and work backwards, I am no longer 100% certain The Thing is the maze the code name refers to. I also now think that 1984 is only a clue to the code name and not the actual code name. Though I know Murdy wouldn't come out and say it if it was.

EDIT: Also he kept saying a lot of things happened in 1984. I think he means the book and not the year. The book will reveal the code name but isn't the code name.
Murdy has never had us read a Book to find out the answer to a Codename. So I doubt he would now. I think you are looking just a wee bit too much into it.

I do think it could maybe still be The Thing but I am digging for other connections with @HorrorNightsFan13 to see if maybe it isn't the Thing.

I’ve spent most of today trying to come up with a connection to any other speculated properties with 1984 as the hint
In 1984 Detroit Heavy Metal band Halloween released two singles on a disk. The first of those singles being Trick or Treat.
No the connection is not Halloween. The connection is Trick ‘r Treat.
Now John has said that this codename is similar to Howdy in 2016 where it’s too obvious (John has said this one is not as obvious as Howdy) if it’s given to us so the 1984 hint is the hint to the codename. Perhaps the codename is something related to Halloween or trick or treating. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten on that. Gonna keep researching to find any other possible connections

Reactions: HHNManics
Taking another shot at "1984" and the connection. Which I now believe could be Trick 'r Treat instead of the Thing.

Which Murdy has had us looking at 2 things released in 1984. "Terror in the Aisles" and the Album "1984" by Van Halen.

The book "1984" released in 1984 has a famous idea/quote "Big Brother is watching you" referring to the Government is watching you making sure you don't break the Rules. The Rules being you can't have any thoughts that are illegal.

One of Julia's quotes is "If you keep the small rules you could break the Big ones".

This ties in Trick 'r Treat being that Sam is watching you and that there are "Rules" set up to follow and there are consequences.

"Rules" = Trick 'r Treat

So two questions cause I've sort of being getting lost in a lot of the speculation:

1. Is 1984 a Hollywood exclusive most likely?

2. Is it the next announcement for May or is it just being decoded?

So two questions cause I've sort of being getting lost in a lot of the speculation:

1. Is 1984 a Hollywood exclusive most likely?

2. Is it the next announcement for May or is it just being decoded?
1. 1984 is not the codename. It is the hint but it most likely is a Shared Property. Majorty of the time the first codename is something that is shared (Insidious 2015, Halloween 2016, AHS 2017).

Murdy said he is dropping hints for the Maze that will be the next maze announcement which he then stated in the next tweet he stated that maze that will be the next maze announcement is in fact the Maze associated with the hints "Terror in the Aisles".

I want to point out last year with Lemonade all kinds of connections were made to songs that had lemonade in the lyrics when the connection was the fact that the album Lemonade was dropped with no PR just as AHS: Roanoke was.

I know the urge is to connect song lyrics, and Murdy does love music so it makes some sense, but don't rule out the connection isn't music related.

I still think he is doubling down on "1984", which I also think could be misdirection, but using the quote from the book to answer the question if the code name has something to do with the book is telling.