Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Just paste a link to the tweet and I think it'll be automatically embedded.)

So if we've got our speculation down, that's about 95 for The Thing and 100 for Halloween. Those are the smaller locations in the park; I'm pretty sure The Shining last year was a lot shorter, so this is pretty encouraging.

Yeah; that’s kind of worrying though considering Roanoke had more pages
I would consider the two properties before getting worried. AHS Roanoke had 119 pages versus 90 something and had several different environments...while Asylum takes place in the same location. I'm not worried at all.

Last edited:
June 11th... that's what I've heard in regards to Upper Lot maze construction beginning. So keep an eye out for walls at Waterworld & Parisian Courtyard around that time.

IIRC that’s a lot earlier than last year’s Upper Lot construction. Do you know when the Backlot starts?

Edit - John wrote a treatment for a maze that is 136 pages long, which is the longest of all time beating out Horrors of Blumhouse. What are you guys’ guess on what it could be? Mine is either UCM or IT(solely for the amount of detail it’ll likely have)

Last edited:
IIRC that’s a lot earlier than last year’s Upper Lot construction. Do you know when the Backlot starts?

Edit - John wrote a treatment for a maze that is 136 pages long, which is the longest of all time beating out Horrors of Blumhouse. What are you guys’ guess on what it could be? Mine is either UCM or IT(solely for the amount of detail it’ll likely have)

Probably either of those two, yeah

actually, just a thought: do we know how many pages the stranger things treatment was?

Probably either of those two, yeah

actually, just a thought: do we know how many pages the stranger things treatment was?

At the moment, no. From what we know as far as Page Treatments:

- AHS Metro Sets Tent(American Horror Story: Asylum): 95 Pages
- Waterworld Queue(Halloween): About 100 Pages
- Unknown: 136 Pages

For Waterworld last year The Conjuring had 62 Pages before being scrapped, not sure how much Titans of Terror had; either way Halloween looks to have more. AHS Roanoke had 119 pages compared to Asylum’s 95, so they’re pretty close.

Edit - Titans of Terror had 88 pages

Last edited:
Remember folks, just because a maze has long treatment doesn’t mean it’s gonna be good (Blumhouse, anyone?). Just because a maze has shorter treatment doesn’t mean it’s bad (ToT?).

Very true. Insidious had a long treatment and that one ended up being %60 Black walls(it did have great scares though)

Remember folks, just because a maze has long treatment doesn’t mean it’s gonna be good (Blumhouse, anyone?).
Except Blumhouse was actually one of the best mazes last year due to such a strong cast for The Purge & Sinister. I would've loved to have seen the maze NOT be budget cut to hell, but it was certainly better than any maze on the lower lot/backlot.

IMO, Blumhouse would've been fine if it didn't have that Purge gauntlet at the beginning. It caused a lot of overcrowding going into the movie theater portion and just felt redundant in general. The HDD and Sinister portions were fine as they were, though I wished they could've had the budget to include a few more Sinister kills like they were apparently supposed to. If last year taught us one thing, it's that having too many compilation houses in one year isn't necessarily a good thing.

I really do wonder what last year’s mazes would’ve looked like if they weren’t budget cut to the extreme, especially AvED. The only ones that felt complete were SAW & AHS Roanoke; curious to see how Conjuring would’ve ended up and whether or not it would’ve just been filled with black walls.

IMO, Blumhouse would've been fine if it didn't have that Purge gauntlet at the beginning. It caused a lot of overcrowding going into the movie theater portion and just felt redundant in general. The HDD and Sinister portions were fine as they were, though I wished they could've had the budget to include a few more Sinister kills like they were apparently supposed to. If last year taught us one thing, it's that having too many compilation houses in one year isn't necessarily a good thing.

The Gauntlet was fun but everything got really clustered because of it. Blumhouse took like 15 minutes to get through solely because of the standstill traffic in it

Reactions: rageofthegods

I respect them for trying something different with the compilation house. No joke, I thought it was kind of a neat idea, even if it didn't really work out. Personally, I don't think the Purge should've had a huge effect on the budget, given how much recycling it did, but it was still pretty notable how certain props in that part (the hanging tree, the cars, the mannequins) could've been used to fluff up the other mazes (the hanging tree could maybe go in Sinister, one of the cars could be the delta in AvED, etc.)

Reactions: horrornights789
Given that this year's confirmed and rumored houses all seem to be based on just 1 IP per house, with the exception of UCM, it definitely gives the team the capability of being able to have things seem more structured and not have the feeling of abrupt or awkward transitions, like how HoB and Insidious had last year.