Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given that this year's confirmed and rumored houses all seem to be based on just 1 IP per house, with the exception of UCM, it definitely gives the team the capability of being able to have things seem more structured and not have the feeling of abrupt or awkward transitions, like how HoB and Insidious had last year.

Well, who knows what's going on with Halloween. Weren't there rumours that they were going to Life and Crimes it and turn it into a compilation house with a "preview scene" at the end?

Well, who knows what's going on with Halloween. Weren't there rumours that they were going to Life and Crimes it and turn it into a compilation house with a "preview scene" at the end?

Oh I didn't hear about that. I mean, given that it may be our WW maze, it's gonna be a tight fit in regards to physical space. It has the capability of being like TCM 2016 where it has a smooth flow, and given that if it is how you are describing it, it can rely on a lot of reused props and have a vibe similar to 2015 and 2016 Halloween houses. I doubt they'll be able to use kills from 4-Resurrection, there doesn't seem to be a huge variety of deaths they can recreate.

Oh I didn't hear about that. I mean, given that it may be our WW maze, it's gonna be a tight fit in regards to physical space. It has the capability of being like TCM 2016 where it has a smooth flow, and given that if it is how you are describing it, it can rely on a lot of reused props and have a vibe similar to 2015 and 2016 Halloween houses. I doubt they'll be able to use kills from 4-Resurrection, there doesn't seem to be a huge variety of deaths they can recreate.

Course, those are just rumours; I think over on Orlando, they speculated that this was to stop spoilers. My thought process went that it'd be an abbreviated mashup of 2015 and 2016, maybe this time including Annie's murder from part 1, and a short scene from H3 before going through some iconic scene from the movies (EG Michael's death or the closet scene) and ending with a scene from Halloween 2018. Iunno, I always got the impression that H40 (or whatever they're calling it) would be the "sacrifice house" where props and sets would be recycled to save the budget for the more important houses (IT, Stranger Things, possibly TrT).

There were never rumors about that. That was just speculation. The new maze would most likely be based sololy on the new film not using or reusing things from the older films. Just the new one.

There were never rumors about that. That was just speculation. The new maze would most likely be based sololy on the new film not using or reusing things from the older films. Just the new one.

Alrighty then, that's really cool. Still, I think that this house will have room for recycled sets; the Myers house is almost definitely going to be there, backyard fences, the bathroom set (that awesome scene they described in the trailer with the teeth). I still think that in terms of budget allocation, Halloween is gonna be towards the shorter end of the stick.

Back track to the BS hate for Blumhouse for a second. There is nothing wrong with a multiple IP based maze. Orlando has been doing them for years, even as original mazes. It isn't difficult & it certainly was not a new concept. And all the of the hate Blumhouse is getting is so NOT deserved at all because the entirety of last year's event was a huge half-a**ed and poorly executed that was only tolerable due to the scareactor talent. The Purge was not a problem as far as traffic flow goes. I went through Blumhouse a total of 69 times last year. Guess what? I saw it get backed up in the HDD & Sinister sections too, less than The Purge ever did.
And Happy Death Day was by far the weakest portion of the maze and did NOT represent the movie in a positive way at all.

The only thing that should've been learned last year is that Murdy needs to be replaced with a team of people who actually give their 110% to the event and still live in the same country. Not too mention, have people who will challenge the higher ups for the budget the event deserves. Everything last year felt like Universal was forced to do HHN and just threw whatever they could find in the storage warehouse into the park & called it a day. There were many nights that I couldn't even be bothered to go down to the Lower Lot/Backlot. That is NOT the desired response an event should have.

Reactions: ush.hacker
I’m really excited to see how Halloween turns out in Waterworld, assuming it does. The close corridors mixed with Micheal Myers being everywhere and the theme song blaring is gonna be so intense.

Back track to the BS hate for Blumhouse for a second. There is nothing wrong with a multiple IP based maze. Orlando has been doing them for years, even as original mazes. It isn't difficult & it certainly was not a new concept. And all the of the hate Blumhouse is getting is so NOT deserved at all because the entirety of last year's event was a huge half-a**ed and poorly executed that was only tolerable due to the scareactor talent. The Purge was not a problem as far as traffic flow goes. I went through Blumhouse a total of 69 times last year. Guess what? I saw it get backed up in the HDD & Sinister sections too, less than The Purge ever did.
And Happy Death Day was by far the weakest portion of the maze and did NOT represent the movie in a positive way at all.

The only thing that should've been learned last year is that Murdy needs to be replaced with a team of people who actually give their 110% to the event and still live in the same country. Not too mention, have people who will challenge the higher ups for the budget the event deserves. Everything last year felt like Universal was forced to do HHN and just threw whatever they could find in the storage warehouse into the park & called it a day. There were many nights that I couldn't even be bothered to go down to the Lower Lot/Backlot. That is NOT the desired response an event should have.

I thought Blumhouse was good, I just expected more snuff films from Sinister(my favorite section from HoB) & I thought more Blumhouse properties like Split or Get Out & Ouija(sadly it has rights issues with Hasbro) would’ve made the maze. Agreed on the Backlot last year though, AHS Roanoke was the only maze that was pretty good back there(and SAW if you had a good run through). This year’s Backlot mazes should be MUCH better though since IT/Thing/Asylum have more potential, hopefully the execution matches the expectations.

If they do have Halloween in WW, it would be very nice to see some ceilings utilized in there. It threw things off for me seeing the WW tent above my head in the house scenes.

Or for all we know, Halloween may go in Parisian Courtyard like in 2015 and UCM goes in WaterWorld. Perhaps if they decide to do the Uber Fan storyline for that maze, it can be a similar structure, at the beginning of the maze, like Titans of Terror.

Or for all we know, Halloween may go in Parisian Courtyard like in 2015 and UCM goes in WaterWorld. Perhaps if they decide to do the Uber Fan storyline for that maze, it can be a similar structure, at the beginning of the maze, like Titans of Terror.
Please, give me this! Uber Fan for 2018 Icon!

Reactions: Horror Lover
I seriously doubt that. Since Parisian Courtyard is a larger venue than the WW Queue and plus they can utilize the Movie theater facade if they decide to. There's a ton of evidence about Universal Monsters being in Parisian Courtyard.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I have no reason to doubt that Classic Monsters would be in Parisian Courtyard.

My worry is it looks like it stops a bit sooner than Shining did as well. Anyone think they're gonna extend it out through the back of the tent for an outdoor scene or is it just gonna be a short maze?

My worry is it looks like it stops a bit sooner than Shining did as well. Anyone think they're gonna extend it out through the back of the tent for an outdoor scene or is it just gonna be a short maze?
Definitely gonna extend it out past the tent. Every maze that I’ve seen in that venue that’s entered from the back side of Transformers has extended past the edge of the tent. TITE, The Exorcist, and The Shining. Just keeping with the streak of it

Definitely gonna extend it out past the tent. Every maze that I’ve seen in that venue that’s entered from the back side of Transformers has extended past the edge of the tent. TITE, The Exorcist, and The Shining. Just keeping with the streak of it

Does that mean a little outdoor section near the end (a la Hedge maze at the Shining or Iraq at the Exorcist?)