Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
AHS has nothing to do with the Fox/Disney merger. If it did there would be a much bigger story like Universal suing Disney for breach of contract.

When one company buys another the contracts that are previously in place have to be honored. Is it possible that Disney settled with Universal to get AHS pulled, yeah it is possible, just as it is possible that HHN hired all of the original actors of Stranger Things to play their parts, but not likely.

Also I think UCM is being done becuase Murdy thinks this might be his last shot at doing it.

That's true, but no one's going to convince me that Universal Hollywood had the option of doing AHS and chose not to do it in lieu of (checks notes) Horrors of Blumhouse II. It would appear there was a two-year contract, perhaps with an option to extend that wasn't pursued in part due to the forthcoming merger. Maybe they couldn't figure a Hollywood-exclusive deal out (since Orlando probably wasn't interested in a stand-alone Cult maze).

Last edited:
From what I can tell, Early Entry is Trick R Treat, Poltergeist, Blumhouse and First Purge. I'm hoping that little bit we can't see is Stranger Things (which is the only maze I willingly want to do during the day time since I assume the others may suffer from light bleed, like TrT's projections)

From what I can tell, Early Entry is Trick R Treat, Poltergeist, Blumhouse and First Purge. I'm hoping that little bit we can't see is Stranger Things (which is the only maze I willingly want to do during the day time since I assume the others may suffer from light bleed, like TrT's projections)

No intel here (have not asked), but I wouldn't be shocked if they switch up early entry procedure, especially with the venue switch-up. Stranger Things and Trick r Treat are undeniably more in demand than the Metro mazes (aside from perhaps Poltergeist), so it would stand to reason they open those mazes first (5:15 / 5:30) followed by Metro closer to 5:45 / 6.

No intel here (have not asked), but I wouldn't be shocked if they switch up early entry procedure, especially with the venue switch-up. Stranger Things and Trick r Treat are undeniably more in demand than the Metro mazes (aside from perhaps Poltergeist), so it would stand to reason they open those mazes first (5:15 / 5:30) followed by Metro closer to 5:45 / 6.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kinda feel like I'll have to run through Holidayz In Hell (which I want to take in) and hit mazes like Poltergeist and Blumhouse in the middle of the daylight (both mazes are probably gonna have tons of projections). Iunno. Kinda feels weird.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kinda feel like I'll have to run through Holidayz In Hell (which I want to take in) and hit mazes like Poltergeist and Blumhouse in the middle of the daylight (both mazes are probably gonna have tons of projections). Iunno. Kinda feels weird.

You'll have to backtrack, anyway. Scare zones (i.e. Tunnel / Holidayz) don't start until 7pm.

That's true, but no one's going to convince me that Universal Hollywood had the option of doing AHS and chose not to do it in lieu of (checks notes) Horrors of Blumhouse II. It would appear there was a two-year contract, perhaps with an option to extend that wasn't pursued in part due to the forthcoming merger. Maybe they couldn't figure a Hollywood-exclusive deal out (since Orlando probably wasn't interested in a stand-alone Cult maze).
I think it very well could be ORL didn't want to do just Cult and then Universal didn't want to spend the money to get AHS for just Hollywood. Isn't that essentially them choosing HOB2 over AHS. I gurantee you HOB2 came at a much cheaper price tag then AHS would have.

I think it very well could be ORL didn't want to do just Cult and then Universal didn't want to spend the money to get AHS for just Hollywood. Isn't that essentially them choosing HOB2 over AHS. I gurantee you HOB2 came at a much cheaper price tag then AHS would have.

I don't think HOB2 came at any price tag at all. It's an internal Universal property, so it's a matter of the left hand paying the right hand; marketing ends up winning, so it's a net zero.

Maybe if Orlando's game for another round of AHS post season 9 (when they'll have three seasons again) we could see it, but I have reason to believe Disney isn't going to play nice with Fox properties.

people are talking about merchandise or what we could have had, i however am just waiting for employee preview or any new stuff from the insiders.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Whoa, this thread is going kinda fast.

Saw glimpses of the merch this year! It actually looks good! I'm encouraged to hear what hacker is saying abut this year. Now I'm getting more excited!

Also, look at 6:24 in this video: This is what I wish our scarezones would be more like:

Reactions: SpookySkeletini
For those who've generally been on a Sunday, what's it like ? Thinking of going with my crew as a whole this Sunday and hoping to knock everything by 10 or 11 (with early entry).

For those who've generally been on a Sunday, what's it like ? Thinking of going with my crew as a whole this Sunday and hoping to knock everything by 10 or 11 (with early entry).

Went on a Sunday last year for the first time. Here's what we did/how long we waited from the time early entry started:

Insidious- first people of the night

The Shining- 5 mins

AHS- walk-on

Saw- only people in the maze

AvED- 5 mins

Terror Tram- 5 mins

Blumhouse- 10 mins

Titans of Terror- 4o mins

Walking Dead- 5 mins

JP- 15 mins

10:15 Jabbawockeez (got there at around 9:45 for seats)

Simpsons- 5 mins

We also got dinner at some point in there, and we were heading out of the park at around 11.