Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Truth or Dare looks...alright I guess? The director did some decent horror movies like Cry_Wolf and some episodes of Bates Motel, and while I guess the trailer wasn't the most amazing thing in the world, I have to admit that pool table neck snap got to me. Biggest problem for me is that it looks like its taking its (stupid-as-hell) premise waaaay too seriously. Still, Happy Death Day was surprisingly decent, so I'll see how it goes.

In terms of maze content, though... I mean, I can see bits and pieces of a decent section in there. The grinning old woman in the hospital, the mirror scene (can never forget the mirror scenes!), the old man in the dorm room, the pool tables, the library filled with crazy people, plus whatever the finale's gonna be... throw in a few concrete alleyways with "Truth or Dare?" written on them and bam, instant Blumhouse section.

Now, I'd prefer it if Blumhouse let the field lie fallow for just a few more years, but if they wanna do it, it's not an instant disaster.

EDIT: Slender man, I guess I'm keeping an open mind. Just from what we've seen, a Slender house will be a little short: a few Friday the 13th woods sections, some stilt walkers, an asylum section, attic filled with pages. Maybe those flashing black-and-white images could make an awesome finale somehow, I dunno. Something about the trailers just felt a little off, but I guess I'll still give it a chance.

Last edited:
Truth or Dare looks...alright I guess? The director did some decent horror movies like Cry_Wolf and some episodes of Bates Motel, and while I guess the trailer wasn't the most amazing thing in the world, I have to admit that pool table neck snap got to me. Biggest problem for me is that it looks like its taking its (stupid-as-hell) premise waaaay too seriously. Still, Happy Death Day was surprisingly decent, so I'll see how it goes.

In terms of maze content, though... I mean, I can see bits and pieces of a decent section in there. The grinning old woman in the hospital, the mirror scene (can never forget the mirror scenes!), the old man in the dorm room, the pool tables, the library filled with crazy people, plus whatever the finale's gonna be... throw in a few concrete alleyways with "Truth or Dare?" written on them and bam, instant Blumhouse section.

Now, I'd prefer it if Blumhouse let the field lie fallow for just a few more years, but if they wanna do it, it's not an instant disaster.

EDIT: Slender man, I guess I'm keeping an open mind. Just from what we've seen, a Slender house will be a little short: a few Friday the 13th woods sections, some stilt walkers, an asylum section, attic filled with pages. Maybe those flashing black-and-white images could make an awesome finale somehow, I dunno. Something about the trailers just felt a little off, but I guess I'll still give it a chance.

HoB volume 2 with Halloween, Truth or Dare, and either Purge or Insidious would make sense. I’d prefer a solo Halloween, but ToD could be decent. As for Slender Man, it’s coming out at an awkward time and is similar to The Mummy in that if it bombs and HHN there would probably be a collective “Why?” as to why it would come. Plus, after AvED did pretty bad at the event idk if Universal would take a risk like that for a little bit

Truth or Dare looks so stupid. How can anyone take that seriously with those Snapchat filter faces? No way that’s gonna be a full-fledged maze. If they do Blumhouse Vol 2 (which, unless it includes Get Out, I hope and pray does not happen), I can only see it getting three rooms at the very most.

Slender ain’t happening, ever. They waited five years too long for that.

Truth or Dare looks so stupid. How can anyone take that seriously with those Snapchat filter faces? No way that’s gonna be a full-fledged maze. If they do Blumhouse Vol 2 (which, unless it includes Get Out, I hope and pray does not happen), I can only see it getting three rooms at the very most.

Slender ain’t happening, ever. They waited five years too long for that.

God I just watched the trailer for both of them and I hope neither of them come. Truth or Dare could make for a decent section but it just looks kind of awkward in terms of scariness/how they would scare. Slender just looks awful

Reactions: marip123
God I just watched the trailer for both of them and I hope neither of them come. Truth or Dare could make for a decent section but it just looks kind of awkward in terms of scariness/how they would scare. Slender just looks awful
Just watched the Truth or Dare trailer again and I find the ridiculous smile really ridiculous now. I can’t but laugh every time I see that. This can’t be maze material.

Just watched the Truth or Dare trailer again and I find the ridiculous smile really ridiculous now. I can’t but laugh every time I see that. This can’t be maze material.

They should’ve just made it something along the lines of Scary Movie to where it’s a parody movie; it just looks bad since it takes itself so seriously

HHN always reminds me... I never was the one to sleep with lights...
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F248885%2F640.jpg

I just saw the new Insidious & it really didn’t have much of the Key Demon. I’m surprised they were even able to make a maze out of it considering how there wasn’t much horror in it and how 2 characters were either not in the movie or not actually villains

Reactions: MiaHHN13
I just saw the new Insidious & it really didn’t have much of the Key Demon. I’m surprised they were even able to make a maze out of it considering how there wasn’t much horror in it and how 2 characters were either not in the movie or not actually villains

Is it more of a drama then?