Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it more of a drama then?

It’s hard to explain without spoiling; it’s more of a backstory film.

However if you do want spoilers, here ya go:
The Dirty Lady is actually a good ghost who helps Elise, contrary to how the maze made her seem as a villain. She is also in the movie more than the Key Demon is. The Duck Masked Boy isn’t in the film at all, except for one scene where it looks like he’s running into Elise’s closet. The scene in the trailer where all the ghosts come out of the prison cells and say “This way” isn’t in the movie either, as is the scene where the Key Demon is behind a window. The only scenes in the film that were the same in the maze were the scene where Elise’s mom is hung by wires and the scene where Elise was in a prison cell. Besides that none of the other scenes are carried over. Not even the mom who stabs the baby; I really want to see the film that could’ve been because the movie that came out is still very good, but not really a horror movie.

Edit: I hope Murdy is smart enough to recognize nobody wants Freddy back for a 3rd year in a row. Especially when there are properties like The Conjuring, IT, Trick r Treat, and AHS Asylum that haven’t even been done yet

Reactions: MattA
This is all I'll say - be careful what you wish for, it may be the last nightmare we'll ever have... (unless of course, no longer having nightmares is your dream...)

Reactions: HHNManics
This is all I'll say - be careful what you wish for, it may be the last nightmare we'll ever have... unless, no longer having nightmares is your dream...

Well that was extremely bittersweet. So which of the speculated IP’s would get the axe if Freddy ends up coming? Or could he just be on the TT

I suppose it's forgivable if it's really the last time Freddy is coming. Some new sets and new scares would be nice; NoES probably has some of the most creative kills of any Slasher franchise, so if they can bring in some fresh kills (Blood Geyser!), that'd be neat. On the TT with a mini-maze a la 2016 would probably be the best course of action.

Among the speculated IPs, I honestly feel it's TrT or Universal Monsters getting the axe, though it could be others.

I suppose it's forgivable if it's really the last time Freddy is coming. Some new sets and new scares would be nice; NoES probably has some of the most creative kills of any Slasher franchise, so if they can bring in some fresh kills (Blood Geyser!), that'd be neat. On the TT with a mini-maze a la 2016 would probably be the best course of action.

Among the speculated IPs, I honestly feel it's TrT or Universal Monsters getting the axe, though it could be others.

I’d be fine with UCM getting the axe since we already had HoH for a while, would still be a great maze though. I’m just praying that if we get TrT it won’t be shoehorned into the tram

I’d be fine with UCM getting the axe since we already had HoH for a while, would still be a great maze though. I’m just praying that if we get TrT it won’t be shoehorned into the tram

Honestly, giving Freddy the Tram and installing a mini-maze would be a really neat send-off for him. It can be like a call back to 2007-8 when Freddy had control of the tram.

Edit: And since they probably won't be doing a ToT maze this year, all the sets + props that were in ToT can be used for the Tram. The freddy snake, the puppet victims, the Boiler Room, 1428 Elm Street... Hell, this could be a neat little attraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: horrornights789
I am as uninterested in a NoES or Freddy maze as the next guy but if they are actually retiring him from HHN that would be a cool idea. Actually have him die at the end of the maze.

It’s hard to explain without spoiling; it’s more of a backstory film.

However if you do want spoilers, here ya go:
The Dirty Lady is actually a good ghost who helps Elise, contrary to how the maze made her seem as a villain. She is also in the movie more than the Key Demon is. The Duck Masked Boy isn’t in the film at all, except for one scene where it looks like he’s running into Elise’s closet. The scene in the trailer where all the ghosts come out of the prison cells and say “This way” isn’t in the movie either, as is the scene where the Key Demon is behind a window. The only scenes in the film that were the same in the maze were the scene where Elise’s mom is hung by wires and the scene where Elise was in a prison cell. Besides that none of the other scenes are carried over. Not even the mom who stabs the baby; I really want to see the film that could’ve been because the movie that came out is still very good, but not really a horror movie.

Edit: I hope Murdy is smart enough to recognize nobody wants Freddy back for a 3rd year in a row. Especially when there are properties like The Conjuring, IT, Trick r Treat, and AHS Asylum that haven’t even been done yet

So here's the thing. Insidious 4 got heavily, heavily rewritten. As someone who read the original shooting script a few years back, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I imagine Murdy was going off the material they originally shot (and I've seen some of the footage - they shot it). Rainier and Red-Haired Women were much bigger players. Key Demon was big but had a more nuanced, motivated role. Duck Boy was barely in the draft I saw, just a cameo in the first scene. Originally a lot more Further ghosts and stuff in the prison.

This is all I'll say - be careful what you wish for, it may be the last nightmare we'll ever have... (unless of course, no longer having nightmares is your dream...)

Nightmare on Elm Street is going to close out the last year for Terror Tram.

Reactions: chris.g
Funny though that he never responded to the tweet about if he was coming back for 18.

My guess is that he will and when the announcements start (maybe at one of the summer cons) he's going to announce his last hurrah. As a going away gift we're getting an all black wall maze,

Funny though that he never responded to the tweet about if he was coming back for 18.

My guess is that he will and when the announcements start (maybe at one of the summer cons) he's going to announce his last hurrah. As a going away gift we're getting an all black wall maze,

If the rumor of Stranger Things coming to HHN pans out true, I can see that be the AHS of our year, being announced early on due to the large fanbase for the IP right now.

And as for AHS, if it isn't cult, that could actually be saved for a Summer con without error, as it would be different than presumably Orlando.

If the rumor of Stranger Things coming to HHN pans out true, I can see that be the AHS of our year, being announced early on due to the large fanbase for the IP right now.

And as for AHS, if it isn't cult, that could actually be saved for a Summer con without error, as it would be different than presumably Orlando.

From what a ton of people have said Stranger Things is definitely coming. Since this year seems to be a fan service year AHS could go either as Cult or Asylum, depending on if John wants to coincide with Orlando.

Edit: Someone on Reddit by the name of DannyPowers98(not sure if he’s on this site or not but I still wanna credit him) said that Trick r Treat might just be an Orlando exclusive since their scarezone was such a success, they also said Nightmare on Elm Street might be shared. Which would bring our houses to:

- Universal Classic Monsters
- IT
- Stranger Things
- The Conjuring
- Halloween
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- American Horror Story: Asylum or Cult
- The Walking Dead

Last edited:
Trick 'r Treat HAS to come. Outrage by fans if it doesnt, believe me.

Word on the street is that all properties will be shared (save for one exclusive for Hollywood) much like in '16

Reactions: Freak and HHNManics