Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

ST, Poltergeist, Purge, HOB, TRT, UCM, TT, H4

Initially, and this is for ush, The queue was intended to hold around 4 hours. They wanted to use the panda express patio as extra room. As of late, the queue is only expected to hold 60 mins. There is no room for a queue especially with nintendo land construction being started.

Conflicting information from sources. I hope you're right!:lol:

ST, Poltergeist, Purge, HOB, TRT, UCM, TT, H4

Conflicting information from sources. I hope you're right!:lol:

60 minutes absolutely isn't enough, though. I expect Stranger Things to slightly outpace American Horror Story in 2016 - similar pop cultural draw, with ST getting the edge on awareness. AHS would literally run out of queue at around 150 minutes, at which point the standby would be temporarily closed. Stranger Things is going to need room for 180.

60 minutes absolutely isn't enough, though. I expect Stranger Things to slightly outpace American Horror Story in 2016 - similar pop cultural draw, with ST getting the edge on awareness. AHS would literally run out of queue at around 150 minutes, at which point the standby would be temporarily closed. Stranger Things is going to need room for 180.
I agree. Apparently creative did not think expect the little space they have. The only way for a queue to exist would be to close the lower lot off extremely.

I agree. Apparently creative did not think expect the little space they have. The only way for a queue to exist would be to close the lower lot off extremely.

The entire space in front of ST hasn't started construction yet. It's a relatively huge space. I'll send a photo of it when I get access to my camera - Unless, they're going to start ripping the ground up tomorrow

If they gave you a timed entry card right when you walked in that made it so you only had to wait 30 minutes tops, I'd be all for it haha

The crazy thing is, this will be the one maze that EVERYONE is there to do. I'm sure people will accidentally or maybe even purposely skip HOB, Purge, TrT, H4, UCM, and Poltergeist. But this might be the highest profile maze we've ever seen. Even the big classic properties probably didn't have this much pull. For Exorcist, alot of religious people probably stayed away like they did with the movie or said "no, that's TOO scary, I don't eff with that." The Shining is a bit lower on the classic scale and actually had walk on lines for a good chunk of the time. TWD was a phenomenon, but it was also TV-MA, so not everyone was necessarily allowed to watch it, same thing with AHS. Stranger Things is for kids, teens, adults, men, women, nerds, popular consumption, nostalgia, horror fans, sci-fi fans, TV fans, movie fans, and is pretty accepted among general audiences. I didn't think it was an HHN fit, but the cashgrab will be stupendous and the merch on top of that will sell like crazy. I can definitely see this hitting 4 hours. It's hard to imagine how many people exactly that would take, but it's totally plausible. Why anyone would wait in a line longer than 90 minutes for a maze is beyond me though.

If they gave you a timed entry card right when you walked in that made it so you only had to wait 30 minutes tops, I'd be all for it haha

The crazy thing is, this will be the one maze that EVERYONE is there to do. I'm sure people will accidentally or maybe even purposely skip HOB, Purge, TrT, H4, UCM, and Poltergeist. But this might be the highest profile maze we've ever seen. Even the big classic properties probably didn't have this much pull. For Exorcist, alot of religious people probably stayed away like they did with the movie or said "no, that's TOO scary, I don't eff with that." The Shining is a bit lower on the classic scale and actually had walk on lines for a good chunk of the time. TWD was a phenomenon, but it was also TV-MA, so not everyone was necessarily allowed to watch it, same thing with AHS. Stranger Things is for kids, teens, adults, men, women, nerds, popular consumption, nostalgia, horror fans, sci-fi fans, TV fans, movie fans, and is pretty accepted among general audiences. I didn't think it was an HHN fit, but the cashgrab will be stupendous and the merch on top of that will sell like crazy. I can definitely see this hitting 4 hours. It's hard to imagine how many people exactly that would take, but it's totally plausible. Why anyone would wait in a line longer than 90 minutes for a maze is beyond me though.

Agreed on all fronts.

I'm worried about it from an operations standpoint. Beyond the queue, there's going to be tremendous pressure to keep that maze from going 101 by any means necessary... even if it really should (an issue that plagued AHS '16 more than once). The actors are going to be pushed harder stamina-wise than any other cast, and they'll really have to deliver to impress guests who have waited for 2+ hours; it's also the hardest to fill pool actors with due to the fair amount of look-a-likes...

I think it depends on if they are going to begin the process of infastructure prep for Super Nintendo World, or to have that as a staging area for Jurassic.

Either way, I don't necessarily think that they are going to be able to use 22-25. That said..as much as I hate this option, what about they have the entrance go down from the right side of Transformers, using SS31's plot for excess queue?

I think it depends on if they are going to begin the process of infastructure prep for Super Nintendo World, or to have that as a staging area for Jurassic.

Either way, I don't necessarily think that they are going to be able to use 22-25. That said..as much as I hate this option, what about they have the entrance go down from the right side of Transformers, using SS31's plot for excess queue?
. I also heard the early entry could begin at like 4pm, which is pretty wack.

Alright Universal, I got a crazy idea. Use the JP queue. Start the line out Stage 28, to the Transformers overflow, then have the line go down the street into where we would originally go into the JP Queue maze, but if construction already started on the main part of the line, then head on up the stairs to the top of the cafe. The line could start where the JP Queue maze always started and would give you double the usual amount of line. But this is for overflow, start the line at Transformers overflow, once and if, that packs in, send them to JP Cafe stairs.
You get double the queue space and I get to have my fond memories of waiting in that queue for HHN. And it's not an urgent spot to start construction on quite yet compared to the ride itself. We all win :)

Alright Universal, I got a crazy idea. Use the JP queue. Start the line out Stage 28, to the Transformers overflow, then have the line go down the street into where we would originally go into the JP Queue maze, but if construction already started on the main part of the line, then head on up the stairs to the top of the cafe. The line could start where the JP Queue maze always started and would give you double the usual amount of line. But this is for overflow, start the line at Transformers overflow, once and if, that packs in, send them to JP Cafe stairs.
You get double the queue space and I get to have my fond memories of waiting in that queue for HHN. And it's not an urgent spot to start construction on quite yet compared to the ride itself. We all win :)
JP cafe stairs is gonna be the break room for workers. but this could work.

JP cafe stairs is gonna be the break room for workers. but this could work.

You could maybe make it work if you went down the stairs the same spot that the old JP queues did, thereby avoiding the employee cafeteria back there (which will be needed by scare actors & park ops alike).

Anyone know why they added a random Wednesday at the end of September, the 26th? I think the other day they added was Sunday, Sept 30th, but Sundays seem more sensisble, especially since after that it'll be open every Sunday. While that Wednesday is an outlier and the only other one is Halloween. And sadly, they got rid of the two night pass instead for a September pass (which is oddly cheaper than the college discounter I usually go to).

My guess is it's a testing ground early in the run if it'll be crowded enough to add more Wednesdays due to Stranger Things.

Last edited:
Anyone know why they added a random Wednesday at the end of September, the 26th? I think the other day they added was Sunday, Sept 30th, but Sundays seem more sensisble, especially since after that it'll be open every Sunday. While that Wednesday is an outlier and the only other one is Halloween. And sadly, they got rid of the two night pass instead for a September pass (which is oddly cheaper than the college discounter I usually go to).

My guess is it's a testing ground early in the run if it'll be crowded enough to add more Wednesdays due to Stranger Things.
Haunters night?

There's a few complicated reasons. Worth noting it only goes until 1am.

So um... with Baker St currently blocked off by construction walls, how exactly will the overflow queue work for TWD Attraction during HHN? I'd love for the walls to be pushed back by next week, but if they aren't... :look:

So um... with Baker St currently blocked off by construction walls, how exactly will the overflow queue work for TWD Attraction during HHN? I'd love for the walls to be pushed back by next week, but if they aren't... :look:

I can actually speak towards this.

From what I understand, it sounds like Universal Monsters & The Walking Dead Attraction will share the remaining Universal Plaza space for the queues.

Hey guys so I noticed the merch for Orlando is on sale already on the site. The pins that are on there are stranger things do you think those are the same ones for both Coasts? I know in some of the previous years they've done that but not every year.