1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) Speculation

Discussion in 'General Horror Nights Discussion' started by Brian G., Nov 5, 2017.

1. DTH

DTH Newcomer

There is absolutely no solid speculation regarding maze locations for any of these properties or where they'd fit best. Even AHS could randomly switch to the JP queue if it wanted. Walking Dead has been in 4 different locations. Saying The Thing fits best in the Mummy "because it's cold" is silly. In 2011, it was in the WWW Arena, where the line for Parisian Courtyard mazes are now. It was HUGE. They pumped air in and it didn't work all that well, but that's irrelevant -- they'll choose appropriate set design for an area over temperature. And that's not even certain. Last year, I'd wager to guess Shining would no way in hell be in Mummy because it's too small to recreate the Overlook -- and for the most part I was right, but they did it anyway, but the maze turned just fine even without grandiose sets. So as I said, speculating locations at this point is too early -- figure out the mazes first. For Godsake, Stranger Things is still in most speculated line ups and that tells me we're pretty far off.

ush.hacker likes this.
  2. horrornights789

horrornights789 Rookie

When do you think the lineups getting leaked this year? My bets January or early February

3. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

I think you're in for a rude awakening next year.

4. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Newcomer

...as in, Stranger Things is happening?

5. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Nothing definitive, but to pretend it isn't a very real consideration is nothing short of naive.

Freak, HereWeGo, maroonmol and 2 others like this.
  6. foodstampsFTW

foodstampsFTW Member

I haven’t posted much here so far because I’d rather wait til January to start talking about next year, but you guys are crazy if you don’t think IT and Stranger Things are locks for properties they’ll go after. Whether or not we’ll get them is a different story but there’s no way they won’t try, their popularity is too big to ignore.

HereWeGo and Fallow like this.
  7. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Member

Due to what happened last year from mazes getting leaked possibly never

8. DTH

DTH Newcomer

Stranger Things is amazingly popular but *claps between words* THERE. IS. NO. MAZE. VAL-UE. OR. CON-TENT! It'd be one thing if Murdy watched the show and responded to tweets saying, "I'd love to," BUT HE HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT!!!

Chris Galindo likes this.
  9. horrornights789

horrornights789 Rookie

Between the Byers house, High School, Upside Down, Hawkins Lab, and a few forest scenes you have a maze that could easily fill up a tent or SS. Hell, if This is the End could be a maze I’m sure just about anything could fill a maze

HereWeGo, maroonmol, MattA and 2 others like this.
  10. MacMillian Crew

MacMillian Crew Rookie

I wouldn't doubt there'd probably be screens for the Mind Flayer, or focus mainly on the demigorgon and demidogs mainly. Just hope that they won't go overboard with black rooms for the Upside Down sections.

horrornights789 likes this.
  11. horrornights789

horrornights789 Rookie

Id imagine the Mind Flayer would be done through a projection or be done like the Alien Queen. But yeah the maze would probably be mostly demigorgans/demidogs, and the Upside Down would hopefully be done in the viney/ashy style that was seen through Will and Chief Hopper’s perspective.

MacMillian Crew likes this.
  12. MacMillian Crew

MacMillian Crew Rookie

If they take creative liberties, I think they could pull it off well.

maroonmol and horrornights789 like this.
  13. horrornights789

horrornights789 Rookie

Yeah; I hope we get at least one possession scene, and maybe a few Eleven scenes since she’s probably the most iconic character on the show.

MacMillian Crew likes this.
  14. MacMillian Crew

MacMillian Crew Rookie

Another thing I was thinking about was if a new CD comes next year and he/she is able to bring Trick 'r Treat, without waiting for the sequel, I could totally see them utilize comic book aspects within the maze. If, because of budgetary reasons, there are rooms without props and windows in the walls, maybe they could paint comic panels around various windows, to make it look like antagonists from the comic are jumping from panels. I could definitely see this maze probably being placed in the Water World queue.

15. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Member

Stranger Things would go great in 747

HereWeGo, maroonmol, Freak and 2 others like this.
  16. MacMillian Crew

MacMillian Crew Rookie

If only we had access to sound stages for HHN

17. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Member

Mindy show has finished filming. I'm sure we'll get it back this year

18. horrornights789

horrornights789 Rookie

That... is probably the best news I’ve heard this whole time. So if 747 comes back I’m assuming the 747 Queue gets cut; but it’s worth it.

19. DJIndy49

DJIndy49 Newcomer

That is the biggest reason why Orlando is more elaborate then Hollywood. USH's SS make them money, more money than HHN could ever hope to. Orlando has an abundance of empty stages that don't get used most of the year.

20. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Member

Orlando's elaborate sound stages are going bye bye! With Nintendo Land coming in they will probably have to resort to tents