Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is the biggest reason why Orlando is more elaborate then Hollywood. USH's SS make them money, more money than HHN could ever hope to. Orlando has an abundance of empty stages that don't get used most of the year.

I’d imagine if Hollywood had SS access it would be as elaborate as Orlando as well. Hopefully we get a damn original this year; I’m praying for a historical one

Murdy if you or anybody on your team reads this forum PLEASE, I BEG of you (I will give you anything if you) turn the... Excellent.... Cult Classic.... Amazing.... Hilarious.... Serious movie The Room into a maze located specifically in the WW queue. That would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: marip123
Murdy if you or anybody on your team reads this forum PLEASE, I BEG of you (I will give you anything if you) turn the... Excellent.... Cult Classic.... Amazing.... Hilarious.... Serious movie The Room into a maze located specifically in the WW queue. That would be greatly appreciated

Well, the Disaster Artist is coming out this year, so there's already some marketing synergy going around.

Nah, they ALL know that everyone here AND the GP want Krampus: Electric Boogaloo 2 - Escape from Titan Hell

Mindy show has finished filming. I'm sure we'll get it back this year
Unfortunately, they would have to rent out 747. The park doesn’t own it. I’d rather we get an awesome house in a black tent than a watered down one inside 747 from them having to blow the budget on renting it out.
Orlando's elaborate sound stages are going bye bye! With Nintendo Land coming in they will probably have to resort to tents
Nintendo is going the opposite end of USF’s Park. It’s not going anywhere near the sound stages. If anything it may effect their tent houses; even then, that’s a big “if.”

If they can pull off AVP, they can certainly do Stranger Things. They’re likely going to make it happen whether we like it or not because it’s just too dang popular. They have enough to work with. Just use the Demigon like AVP and the demidogs like AWiL. In AVP I counted one “human” scareactor actually scaring people saying, “help me!” or “don’t go in there!” They can cheat the scares by having a panicked Joyce yell “Will!” as an audio trigger, a scientist in a suit jumping out at you as a victim covered in goo, an FBI agent jump out at you, Eleven pop out as an act for an effect...see? There’s more to work with than you thought.

There’s too many cool creature effects and iconic scenes to pass up. Like someone said earlier, if This is the End can be a house, this definitely should be. Sorry DTH. I’d rather have this than friggin Insidious or The Titans of Terror again.

Unfortunately, they would have to rent out 747. The park doesn’t own it. I’d rather we get an awesome house in a black tent than a watered down one inside 747 from them having to blow the budget on renting it out.

Nintendo is going the opposite end of USF’s Park. It’s not going anywhere near the sound stages. If anything it may effect their tent houses; even then, that’s a big “if.”

1. Nope they definitely own it and were renting it out to Mindy project. Jonathan would know for certain.

2. Name one house that was in 747 and was watered down. Every maze to ever exist in 747 has been highly detailed and some of the best rated mazes from fans. (not the GP)

Let us not forget

3. I don't believe so.

Also TB to when HHN Hollywood mazes used to be badass

Insidious: Even Further
Insidious: More Further Than Ever
Insidious: At Least Further Than The Last One
Insidious: Not Much Further
Insidious: Too Further Too Furious
LOL I love all of these!
I was expecting to see the black veil lady lift her veil to reveal its Buzz Lightyear. Oh well.
1. Nope they definitely own it and were renting it out to Mindy project. Jonathan would know for certain.

2. Name one house that was in 747 and was watered down. Every maze to ever exist in 747 has been highly detailed and some of the best rated mazes from fans. (not the GP)

Let us not forget

3. I don't believe so.

Also TB to when HHN Hollywood mazes used to be badass

1. You sure we own it? If Johnathan could clarify, that would be great. I actually hope I’m wrong and they don’t have to actually rent it out. But I’m pretty sure that’s the case with all of the other sound stages. I do know that stage has been used for storage for the Mindy project which is grossly depressing to hear that venue go to waste.

2. Black Sabbath. TERRIBLE house. Definitely not sound stage worthy. TWD back then (which was really awesome) felt more like a sound stage house more than Black Sabbath did. It’s depressing when out of the mere three years we’ve had a sound stage house, we only got one good maze out of it. Black Sabbath was terrible and then it was blown on its last year with a repeat.

Reactions: ush.hacker
How could you say there’s nothing to work with in Stranger Things?? There are so many different environments and creature effects you could use. It would make an excellent house, if done right. I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter obviously, but I couldn’t disagree more about Stranger Things usability.

I feel my problem isn't with Stranger Things not having content, in fact I feel Season 1 could be perfect on its own as a maze - it's the... why? Like why bother, it's a great show, and sure it has monsters and some horror elements, but its genre is a little off for HHN, and those dont tend to be the best (This is the End everyone?). We gotta remember Stranger Things is a thriller drama at the forefront, fueled by nostalgia. Literally the Demagorgon and Demo-dogs are the only monsters, I mean sure you can have someone who looks like Steve scare guests using his bat with nails, but the only legit reason I feel people want it for is for the aesthetic.. and sometimes that doesn't always pay off.

And trust me, if we did get it, I can assure at least half of the people on here will be (excuse my language) bitching about the execution. There's too much dark walls in this area, they didn't include this scene, it wasn't scary, yada yada yada... It'd be too predictable as to what scenes we'd get in the maze, and IMO, would feel like there would be no room for creativity. While I was disappointed by Krampus, I'm still surprised at how the scares transitioned into the maze, despite what's been shown in the movie, don't think I could see the same with ST.

Count me out of the ST camp, I wouldn't be mad if we got it, but I know theres more potential to be had with other properties that would transition well.

Last edited:
So guys, I'm gonna ask a question:

Aside from the meta-ness, Scream more or less is a just a really good, but normal slasher flick. How is it gonna differentiate itself from Halloween / NoES / TCM besides just recreating scenes from the original movies that haven't been done before? Since it's mostly in Suburban homes like Halloween, will it just feel like the old slasher mazes with a fresh coat of paint?