Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I know this is gonna sound annoying, but how certain are we in that we didn't get The Conjuring? given how we were wrong about the Terror Tram not happening, Stranger Things going into Water World, and AHS: Cult being the gauntlet scare zone, I'm feeling a slight bit hopeful?

Last edited:
Hell, if only 1 house has to suffer, in order for the other 7 mazes to be fully detailed, like 2016 and before, I'm totally fine with it being Halloween. I don't mind seeing Mikey in 60% black walls if that allows the other mazes to have better costumes, makeup, special effects and set decorations.

Hypothetically I think Halloween would be fine since it’ll most likely be re-used props galore. I was worried about Stranger Things being all black walls for the Upside Down but if it’s going in a SS that clears nearly all my doubts execution; 2018 is looking to be amazing. Wondering how they’ll handle The Thing puppets this year since those will likely cost a lot

Edit - Seeing that tweet definitely makes me think Halloween is going in WW

Hell, if only 1 house has to suffer, in order for the other 7 mazes to be fully detailed, like 2016 and before, I'm totally fine with it being Halloween. I don't mind seeing Mikey in 60% black walls if that allows the other mazes to have better costumes, makeup, special effects and set decorations.

Especially if Conjuring is going to reuse what was originally made, it's going to be an easy build (but that's if Conjuring is coming).

Especially if Conjuring is going to reuse what was originally made, it's going to be an easy build (but that's if Conjuring is coming).

*screams internally*

I wanna get excited but I’m not getting my hopes too high. Conjuring should be an easy build but I’m wondering if they’ll have to adjust to what likely included a lot of black walls from 2017’s design

*screams internally*

I wanna get excited but I’m not getting my hopes too high. Conjuring should be an easy build but I’m wondering if they’ll have to adjust to what likely included a lot of black walls from 2017’s design

I wouldn't even mind if they take an original story structure, like manage to throw characters from different films in the franchise. Sort of like an homage house to the stories that have been adapted into films. Bathsheeba, Vallak, Annabelle's demon, I know this is all speculative, but still. If 9 mazes are gonna be this year's goal, I'm hopeful

Let's all take a moment and back up here. I want the Conjuring as much as the next guy, but I think we're reading too much into things; he said that we're losing and gaining a location, which only brings us to 7. It's possible that Murdy wanted to do an original very early in the design process but set it aside when he got a pie-in-the-sky property or maybe he just decided he wanted to do UCM more.

Let's not get our hopes too high. This year already sounds too good to be true.

Let's all take a moment and back up here. I want the Conjuring as much as the next guy, but I think we're reading too much into things; he said that we're losing and gaining a location, which only brings us to 7. It's possible that Murdy wanted to do an original very early in the design process but set it aside when he got a pie-in-the-sky property or maybe he just decided he wanted to do UCM more.

To say this, I have a hard time believing Conjuring as it is, but that the only way I can buy it, is if it is being handled differently than the others, at least contractually.

But Murdy already stated that UCM was a Kinda Original. So he didn't put the Original for it.

What's so shocking is how much people are saying to not get your hopes.

I think we are so deflated from last year to not get our hopes because last year wasn't good. The thing is that you all don't think that they don't want fans back?

Almost every single night was sold out in 2016 and last year there was nights that had literally no one. The idea that they are doing Freddy again or Jason is stupid. You don't think they are gonna try and get what people actually want instead of just doing the same stuff like last year?

Because it's all believable that they want to do this big properties to try and win the fans back.

Just wanted to point out that John responded to a tweet by saying that Stranger Things was designed to be in a SS from the beginning

Then Stranger Things was never mean't to be in Waterworld. And a Original was mean't to be. But then the Original got scrapped for a film as stated here.

But Murdy already stated that UCM was a Kinda Original. So he didn't put the Original for it.

What's so shocking is how much people are saying to not get your hopes.

I think we are so deflated from last year to not get our hopes because last year wasn't good. The thing is that you all don't think that they don't want fans back?

Almost every single night was sold out in 2016 and last year there was nights that had literally no one. The idea that they are doing Freddy again or Jason is stupid. You don't think they are gonna try and get what people actually want instead of just doing the same stuff like last year?

Because it's all believable that they want to do this big properties to try and win the fans back.

Then Stranger Things was never mean't to be in Waterworld. And a Original was mean't to be. But then the Original got scrapped for a film as stated here.

I just don't want to be hurt again...

The way I can see it make sense, is if they are doing a major update to the budget of seasonal offerings.

I have had that feeling since the past two weeks, but now, I am starting to believe it more in a certain way.
Well, shoot. If they can do two shows, I guess they can handle nine houses. If they can offer that much and still improve the quality....whoa......
I am going to be blunt, I have never heard anyone say that.

And that 2017, was a wonky year.
I have heard rumors that the only reason why 2016 was so good was because it was WAY overbudget. I heard they broke even right before closing night it was so bad. Don't quote me on that, but it was a consistent rumor I heard.
9 houses will be able to be handled, especially if the word is true about two shows (Whatever's going in SES and potential Death Eaters).
If they do nine houses, PLUS two shows, PLUS Tram, PLUS Potter....that's going to jack up capacity so much, it will be glorious. It will be nice to not attend an oversold (actually good) HHN for once.

Question is, where would maze #9 go!? Empty lot where CSI was?

Conjuring is like the Ghostbusters 3. It's happening, then it isn't. It's happening, then it isn't. It's happening then.....oh look, we're going to replace it with Insidious!

I mean at this point, the two things that still scare a lot of us here are: 1. IP's like Trick 'r Treat and IT follow The Conjuring into the land of "Some Year in the Future" and get replaced by whatever IPs they still have the rights before, most likely repeats. or 2. The rumored mazes are a sure thing but they all turn out like Ash vs Evil Dead, and we later find out, once the event is over, about what got cut from where in the mazes.

I mean at this point, the two things that still scare a lot of us here are: 1. IP's like Trick 'r Treat and IT follow The Conjuring into the land of "Some Year in the Future" and get replaced by whatever IPs they still have the rights before, most likely repeats. or 2. The rumored mazes are a sure thing but they all turn out like Ash vs Evil Dead, and we later find out, once the event is over, about what got cut from where in the mazes.

Trick ‘r Treat has alllwayyyss been that way. Everyone’s wanted it every year but this could potentially be the first year it’ll happen. Also, basically any WB IP is what I’m worried about. And yeah if any of the mazes end up like AvED there will such an outcry since all of the speculated mazes have such great potential

Edit - What if we got Conjuring but then it got scrapped and we ended up getting something like Fear the Walking Dead:lol:

Well, shoot. If they can do two shows, I guess they can handle nine houses. If they can offer that much and still improve the quality....whoa......

I have heard rumors that the only reason why 2016 was so good was because it was WAY overbudget. I heard they broke even right before closing night it was so bad. Don't quote me on that, but it was a consistent rumor I heard.

If they do nine houses, PLUS two shows, PLUS Tram, PLUS Potter....that's going to jack up capacity so much, it will be glorious. It will be nice to not attend an oversold (actually good) HHN for once.

Question is, where would maze #9 go!? Empty lot where CSI was?

There was a miscalculation, eight (Including TWDA), not nine.

UL
WW
Parisian
TWDA

LL
SS29
Mummy

Metro
FDTD Tent
Metro Tent
747 Tent

Add Potter/Death Eaters, a new show in Castle, Tram, and 4 scarezones, and that's a huge uptick of capacity (Not to mention Simpsons, Mummy and TF).

Trick ‘r Treat has alllwayyyss been that way. Everyone’s wanted it every year but this could potentially be the first year it’ll happen. Also, basically any WB IP is what I’m worried about. And yeah if any of the mazes end up like AvED there will such an outcry since all of the speculated mazes have such great potential

Regardless, I don't blame anyone here for having their guard up and their expectations a bit lowered than last years. The idea of seeing Pennywise, Sam, and the Demogorgon bursting out of a black hole in the wall for 40% of their mazes can really cause an ache in our hearts.

There was a miscalculation, eight, not nine.

UL
WW
Parisian
TWDA

LL
SS29
Mummy

Metro
FDTD Tent
Metro Tent
747 Tent

Add Potter/Death Eaters, a new show in Castle, Tram, and 4 scarezones, and that's a huge uptick of capacity (Not to mention Simpsons, Mummy and TF).

Well I guess 8 mazes crosses off Conjuring for 2018(2019 it’ll definitely be at least attempted to be locked). Hopefully they’ll keep the shows in the Upper Lot since it’ll be really unevenly spread crowds considering Halloween & UCM might not have the same pull as IT and ST

There was a miscalculation, eight (Including TWDA), not nine.

UL
WW
Parisian
TWDA

LL
SS29
Mummy

Metro
FDTD Tent
Metro Tent
747 Tent

Oh. Well still, that would be fantastic uptick in capacity, especially if they open Minions. Any guesses on what the Tram could be themed as?