Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Just checked up on Orlando and it looks like they might be getting IT after all! Looks like it might have been a false rumour, "Leatherface" type deal. Happy for them, and relief for us!

Again, I feel like it was just an attempt to cause some minor panic around, just to have a change in subject or some minor damage control! Regardless, these upcoming months are most likely gonna be filled with some misunderstandings, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the summer, someone from over that Orlando's forum tries doing something similar on this forum, and we have a recap of "Leatherface".

Why is the forum assuming Cult will be a SZ AND TT? Murdy said it wasn't going to be like last year where Terror Tram double dipped on themes.
They have been talking about something similar over on the Orlando side. Murdy is a self professed "Carny" and chooses his words carefully. I believe someone asked if Terror Tram was going to share a theme with another maze like ToT last year. He said No. AHS: Cult is indeed a different theme from Asylum. They are two different stories told under the AHS banner.

I am not saying Cult is going to for sure be the Terror Tram, but I think it makes sense, rather trying to point out what John tweeted does not eliminate Cult as a possible TT.

Throwing the thought out, considering it seems like a possible rumor that may have basis given Murdy,

I can fully see a Potter announcement dual-coasting, if Hook is coming to Diagon in Florida, and Death Eaters or Dementor's from Osaka comes to Hollywood for the event exclusively at that period of time, and then for the daytime, new theming being added to Hogsmeade and Diagon. The Holiday's at Universal Parks and Resorts used Potter to a great level of success, and that I can see it as Comcast wanting to spread Potter into Halloween, with guidance from WB of-course.

That's just my opinion, and that I don't have anything to go off of for this rumor of particular.

They have been talking about something similar over on the Orlando side. Murdy is a self professed "Carny" and chooses his words carefully. I believe someone asked if Terror Tram was going to share a theme with another maze like ToT last year. He said No. AHS: Cult is indeed a different theme from Asylum. They are two different stories told under the AHS banner.

I am not saying Cult is going to for sure be the Terror Tram, but I think it makes sense, rather trying to point out what John tweeted does not eliminate Cult as a possible TT.

It also comes from the fact that a lot of us start noticing patterns in regards to which IPs go in what factors of the event. For example, we haven't had an IP-based Terror Tram that was only exclusive to that attraction since 2011 (Scream). 2012-2014 was Walking Dead, which had houses, and later the back lot scare zone tied to it, 2015 we had The Purge, coinciding with the scare zones, 2016 doesn't count since it's an original concept, and last year ToT coincided with the house. Therefore, it wouldn't be outlandish to assume that John could use semantics to his advantage when arguing that Terror Tram is based on something never done before, as AHS has anthology quality that technically allows itself to be branded as new.

Looks like IT won’t be happening, but I’m glad we’re FINALLY getting Conjuring.

I think it’s better off they saved IT for next year because they already have enough heavy hitters this year. Gotta save something for next year.

At this point I’d be able to tell some of the people on here that orange spelled backwards is gullible and they’d believe it.

We have not lost ANYTHING.

I mean I get that but they seem very strong on their stance that they lost IT; and it seems odd from a marketing standpoint that one coast would get it and the other wouldn’t. Unless we got IT and they got Conjuring which would be so unfair but I doubt they’d do that

To approach this similar to how I did with Halloween on 28, but for IT, why exactly do people think it's not coming? Is it because of King, or is it because of a temp experience that got upgraded to a full-sized part of the Warner Bros Studio Tour?

Do we honestly think that Warner Brothers would not allow Universal to have IT, just because of proximity from one version to another in Hollywood?

Not to mention, IT, is too damn big of a property to be landlocked to one over the other. It's hallmark horror, even before last year's film came out, but that was because of what Stephen King wrote being so iconic. Not to mention, the 1980's TV Mini-Series, being in it's own wake, a cult classic.

If, and I mean this, IF Stephen King's IT is coming, it will not be locked to one coast.

At this point I’d be able to tell some of the people on here that orange spelled backwards is gullible and they’d believe it.

We have not lost ANYTHING.
This is why speculation has been so bad this year, people treating every new snippet of info as gospel instead of a possibility.

On the topic of IT though, it seems like we have reliable people having conflicting info. For me if Legacy seriously starts hinting that IT isn’t happening, I would start to be really worried.

Last edited:
I would hardly call this speculation honestly...
Speculation has changed so much from what it used to be. The community used to spend hundreds of forum pages trying to put together short lists with reasons for each property, solving codenames, and then waiting for the announcements
Now everyone kinda puts together a list, waits for the leaked lineup, and then speculates on what’s gonna be inside the mazes. And then when someone who may have inside information says something might not be as it seems everyone jumps to conclusions (see gif above posted by ush.hacker) rather than trying to look at it with a grain of salt and see reasonings for why it could and why it couldn’t come
People seem to expect the lineup be handed to them rather than work for the lineup
Just my two cents. Also the main reason why I’ve hardly been involved in forum posting this year

So you ask for my personal opinion which I'm sure some of you don't care about I personally think that everything is fine. That misinformation is being sent out deliberately to Orlando People to try and catch the leakers and their sources just like last year with The Conjuring replacements.

I honestly don't think anything changed but I think this is A&D's way of finally taking care of things and even Murdy is upset, Murdy released no info about Stranger Things other than Location almost as a punishment for leaking the Lineup again for a 4th year in a row. A&D is tired and Murdy is tired.

There is no speculating there is just info drop and then assuming/jumping to conclusions without even thinking logically for one second. There is no mystery anymore. Almost everything is out there and any thing that isn't out there people just guess/assume it (Like AHS Cult Tram when that's not the tram). It's just as obnoxious as TLEV and pretty much all of their HHN Videos.

I think what should happen is that everyone should just be quiet and just not say anything. Even if what you get from your source is really trustworthy we should all be quiet and let the next few months of announcements flow rather than "IT ISN'T COMING TO HHN2018 LOST BOYS IS." Just everyone needs to shut up.

So you ask for my personal opinion which I'm sure some of you don't care about I personally think that everything is fine. That misinformation is being sent out deliberately to Orlando People to try and catch the leakers and their sources just like last year with The Conjuring replacements.

I honestly don't think anything changed but I think this is A&D's way of finally taking care of things and even Murdy is upset, Murdy released no info about Stranger Things other than Location almost as a punishment for leaking the Lineup again for a 4th year in a row. A&D is tired and Murdy is tired.

There is no speculating there is just info drop and then assuming/jumping to conclusions without even thinking logically for one second. There is no mystery anymore. Almost everything is out there and any thing that isn't out there people just guess/assume it (Like AHS Cult Tram when that's not the tram). It's just as obnoxious as TLEV and pretty much all of their HHN Videos.

I think what should happen is that everyone should just be quiet and just not say anything. Even if what you get from your source is really trustworthy we should all be quiet and let the next few months of announcements flow rather than "IT ISN'T COMING TO HHN2018 LOST BOYS IS." Just everyone needs to shut up.
The same person who leaked the line up last year is telling us to “shut up” and “be quiet”. Ironic. ;)

While I agree speculation isn’t the same, Murdy and A&D need to calm down about the leaks. Only 1%, if that, of the entire crowd care about the line up.