Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think what should happen is that everyone should just be quiet and just not say anything. Even if what you get from your source is really trustworthy we should all be quiet and let the next few months of announcements flow rather than "IT ISN'T COMING TO HHN2018 LOST BOYS IS." Just everyone needs to shut up.

I think a problem when it comes to that, is that you are dealing with a thread that actively changes and evolves over time, with varying individuals wanting to know more of the event, and if that is done, then that may cause more problems than it does answers.

Do I think it's flawed? Yes, but that there needs to be a better solution than "Hey, why don't we make people be quiet?". I would argue even, it'd alienate some of those on the forum, and those looking to contribute to Inside Universal's forums.

I do agree, that things need to be changed. And that I will fully come out in blame of the bit of hell that I caused the forum to go into for a period of time, but that muting people is not the answer to any situation.

I think it chalks more to that people need to stop believing everything that is said, as not everyone has things said on the right angle. Hell, I've made mistakes that have haunted me, in not just saying tidbits of HHN, but just in general for Themed Entertainment.

__

This year, proves as an interesting period of time, as it isn't really that big for the parks to begin with. We don't see activity as large as it should be, especially considering since the move from USHForums to Inside Universal. And while I would love for people to start posting more at USH, I know that's sometimes unreasonable.

Halloween Horror Nights, is one of the most popular events in SoCal, and it is sure to attract thousands of different people, wanting to see unique and different experiences. And that we should celebrate, speculate, and discuss what we would like to see.

Just my two cents, and I fully expect you or someone else to bark at me for sharing that.

While I agree speculation isn’t the same, Murdy and A&D need to calm down about the leaks. Only 1%, if that, of the entire crowd care about the line up.

To say this, while I agree that it's still a minority, it isn't just 1%.

Rumors are a fascinating sort. It's something that can happen anywhere, you just have to look hard enough.

Although, it doesn't help when you are on a highly notable forum for previous leaks and rumors of not just Halloween Horror Nights, but various other projects from across the globe.

I agree with Manic's post, there's nothing wrong with speculation but there's a clear clash in front and behind the curtains. I'm not too familiar with legal issues but I do think it can cause 'some' issues in house. It's not like leaks don't happen all the time, hell they happen for almost every source of entertainment. Until the air clears, there should be a step back from any information/leaks especially if it's coming from Orlando as I just snooped on their thread and saw what's been possibly been going on.
Something we should all remember, myself included, is that despite these leaks being accurate they're never 100%. 2017 proved that and I have no doubt that 2018 will present that as well, it's arguable that ITs already in full effect (see what I did there :grin:)

Reactions: HHNManics
The same person who leaked the line up last year is telling us to “shut up” and “be quiet”. Ironic. ;)

While I agree speculation isn’t the same, Murdy and A&D need to calm down about the leaks. Only 1%, if that, of the entire crowd care about the line up.
I will admit yeah I did it's extremely rich coming from the guy who did that last year. But I have changed. Leaks are pretty obnoxious. And I don't think I or others really realize that. What I did last year was wrong and I wish I hadn't done it.

And the whole A&D and Murdy need to calm down on leaks I personally see why. The lineup for Hollywood has been leaked 4 years in a row. And Orlando has also been having troubles. And it's not 1% it's actually more than just the Forums when people are literally trying to tweet Murdy and ask him and posting it all over social media. It's them finally dealing with it and address it which is fine because if you didn't think they would deal with it sometime then you are out of your mind.

I think a problem when it comes to that, is that you are dealing with a thread that actively changes and evolves over time, with varying individuals wanting to know more of the event, and if that is done, then that may cause more problems than it does answers.

Do I think it's flawed? Yes, but that there needs to be a better solution than "Hey, why don't we make people be quiet?". I would argue even, it'd alienate some of those on the forum, and those looking to contribute to Inside Universal's forums.

I do agree, that things need to be changed. And that I will fully come out in blame of the bit of hell that I caused the forum to go into for a period of time, but that muting people is not the answer to any situation.

I think it chalks more to that people need to stop believing everything that is said, as not everyone has things said on the right angle. Hell, I've made mistakes that have haunted me, in not just saying tidbits of HHN, but that muting people is not the answer to any situation.
Let me rephrase this.

We should be quiet about info we get and leaks because the more info we automatically leak and say it's false or go out then the worst it gets. Muting people out is wrong. Muting leaks aren't. We need to be quiet about what we hear and keep a open mind. We need to try and block out our info so that we don't ruin everything and so people can speculate.

Ever wonder why me and @HorrorNightsFan13 are so miserable it's actually because there is no speculation anymore. Everything is leaked. We need to be more quiet with info we hear instead of blasting it on the Forums. Sure rich coming from me but I can't change what I did last year but I change what happens now.

Just watch, as punishment all the mazes this year are gonna blackout mazes, so vaguely detailed that they'll make The Exorcist look like The Walking Dead Attraction.

Reactions: marip123
Well I mean I’m one of the “newer” people on the forum but if it weren’t for Alex’s clues for the lineup earlier in the year IMO there wouldn’t be as much speculation this year as we already had a hunch about what to expect(ST, AHS, Halloween potentially, IT). Murdy hasn’t given many hints about the event this year(aside from “Terror in the Aisles” there’s been 0 codenames) so whenever someone does drop info, especially if they’re reliable, it starts conversation. This years been different since people who’ve been reliable in the past have been getting potentially false info and it conflicts coast to coast. Not saying leaks are good(I don’t agree with them) but you’d have to admit it to does generate conversation. Although my POV might be different considering the 2 years I’ve been on the forum have included HHN ‘17 and ‘18 which have had a lot of leaks.

I think the biggest issue with leaks is when people on YouTube and Twitter get ahold of them or hear about them, since it leads to real or fake info being spread

It’s more that people don’t try to be cryptic with what they hear, since Murdy doesn’t really want to do codenames anymore, the insiders should do them. Now Alex did that this year but the problem with that was he told people when they got them right instead of let people speculate on it.

It’s more that people don’t try to be cryptic with what they hear, since Murdy doesn’t really want to do codenames anymore, the insiders should do them. Now Alex did that this year but the problem with that was he told people when they got them right instead of let people speculate on it.

Yup, and that I fully take accountability to and that I will call myself out to ruining the original lineup I got before anything else.

Trust me, I'm kicking myself in the groin because of being an idiot about that.

I think of this thread like an old family reunion...
There's the close family members that you feel close to, the family members that you barely know then, that one drunk woman who nobody recognizes claiming to be your Aunt Sally.

WHAT UP AUNT SALLY!
Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. Remember that for your next math test.

I think of this thread like an old family reunion...
There's the close family members that you feel close to, the family members that you barely know then, that one drunk woman who nobody recognizes claiming to be your Aunt Sally.

WHAT UP AUNT SALLY!

And just like any good family reunion, everything gets awkward and uncomfortable once we hear the words P(urge) olitics.

All I can say is I know that the UNIVERSAL team is working hard with what frights and MONSTERS we'll meet this HALLOWEEN. You see, THE THING is that we still probably have some huge twists coming up in the next months, I can feel IT. We've had our fair share of reading STRANGER THINGS on this blog in the past years. It's just up to how we'll take any future announcement and being cautious of any more info; whether they are a TRICK or TREAT. I know they've had some trouble with conjuring up a secretive lineup, but their job in this time of they year can drive anyone crazy.

Reactions: rageofthegods
All I can say is I know that the UNIVERSAL team is working hard with what frights and MONSTERS we'll meet this HALLOWEEN. You see, THE THING is that we still probably have some huge twists coming up in the next months, I can feel IT. We've had our fair share of reading STRANGER THINGS on this blog in the past years. It's just up to how we'll take any future announcement and being cautious of any more info; whether they are a TRICK or TREAT. I know they've had some trouble with conjuring up a secretive lineup, but their job in this time of they year can drive anyone crazy.

There. That's your codename. That entire post is the codename. Start speculating, buckos.

edit: Iunno about you guys, but "drive anyone crazy" reminds me of that one Weird Al parody, "Drives like Crazy." So I'm gonna say this year's headliner is a Yankovic music maze.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Iunno about you guys, but "drive anyone crazy" reminds me of that one Weird Al parody, "Drives like Crazy." So I'm gonna say this year's headliner is a Yankovic music maze.

And when you focus on music you get breaking out into random song. The Name Game. Yankovic parodied lady gaga who was on AHS. BOOM AHS Asylum confirmed.

Reactions: rageofthegods