Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess they wanted a big opening announcement just to make some headlines. Also, if ST maze was announced at Comic-con, it probably would've been buried under a bunch of other entertainment news, whereas announcing it in April while it's quiet means that Universals can hog the lime light all to themselves.
^ This and the fact that Comic-Con is the home advantage for The Mouse.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Honestly I see the announcement video being It, just by the fact that it seems really easy to film. All they would need is a rain effect, a sewer drain, and a red balloon. It also has the same aesthetic as the stranger things announcement, but idk

Honestly I see the announcement video being It, just by the fact that it seems really easy to film. All they would need is a rain effect, a sewer drain, and a red balloon. It also has the same aesthetic as the stranger things announcement, but idk

I didn't think about that. That's actually a really good idea.

I'm pretty sure he's mentioned filming a separate announcement video before now. I want to say that if there really are 3 properties this year that get separate announcement vids (there probably won't, but humour me) they're probably going to be IT, ST and Halloween (we're sick of it here, but twitter explodes every time it's mentioned). Maybe UCM? We'll see.

I don’t know... the next announcement will be an exclusive but I can’t see UCM being announced this early. I’m wondering if we were to announce our AHS adaption first, and then Orlando would announce theirs later similar to what happened last year. Either way the next announcement should be either AHS: Asylum or UCM since those are our only two exclusives this year. Or maybe it’ll be another scarezone:grin:

I don’t know... the next announcement will be an exclusive but I can’t see UCM being announced this early. I’m wondering if we were to announce our AHS adaption first, and then Orlando would announce theirs later similar to what happened last year. Either way the next announcement should be either AHS: Asylum or UCM since those are our only two exclusives this year. Or maybe it’ll be another scarezone:grin:

Man, that Holidayz scarezone got to me. I love it.

I think we said Asylum and Cult SZ at the same time? Regardless, I can't imagine them doing a special announcement vid so soon after the last one, especially not for Asylum. One for IT at SDCC, maybe, then maybe another one at the very end of announcement season.

How do we know the next announcement will be an exclusive? All he’s said is that the next video is for a property exclusive to Hollywood, they could be filming this video and have it be released way later in the season, like last year with Jason Blum and the Blumhouse video

Since JP IS getting a refurbishment/retheme starting in August (but they keep pushing back the date) there's a possibility for a maze to be where TWD 2015 was. Just a guess/theory.

Since JP IS getting a refurbishment/retheme starting in August (but they keep pushing back the date) there's a possibility for a maze to be where TWD 2015 was. Just a guess/theory.
Is there official confirmation about the retheme? I’m curious to know more about it...
I believe recently work has begun on the former soundstage 28 plot so that may make it unavailable for use

Reactions: ush.hacker
FJ could close a bit later actually, but none the less will close before the event closes nightly.

I honestly expect FJ to run only on the three big nights (Fri-Sun) while only the rest of the Wizzarding World is open during the weekdays HHN is open.

Oh and people will potentially be flocking to see what USH has in store for this years' show... let's just say it will hopefully go back to catering to more mature audiences...