Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

So guys, I'm gonna ask a question:

Aside from the meta-ness, Scream more or less is a just a really good, but normal slasher flick. How is it gonna differentiate itself from Halloween / NoES / TCM besides just recreating scenes from the original movies that haven't been done before? Since it's mostly in Suburban homes like Halloween, will it just feel like the old slasher mazes with a fresh coat of paint?
If you put it that way than yeah, I guess it would feel like a fresh coat of paint. I'm sure they could get more creative though and further expand itself from the typical suburban house.

Well if you wanna play the environments game (unlike in Stranger Things, how nobody associates any of those locations other than the Upside Down with the show), Scream also has a high school, a movie theater, a movie studio (!!!) with a props room, all these places so far have a bathroom with scares in them and you know how much HHN loves those, a barn for Stab-a-thon, a hospital, college recording studio, and these are just the top of my head. As for houses, you got a garage door kill which will be awesome, Kenny in the newsvan kill or a Stu in the newsvan, Casey hanging from a tree and Steve gutted in a backyard.
It wouldn't be TOO familiar. Is it very suburban? Sure, but it doesn't have to be "enter house - next hour - next house." Now, if we're JUST doing the first film, then I wholeheartedly agree, by no means should it be done. The first 3 could work, preferably the whole series. If they wanna throw in stuff from the show, than that's triple the amount of environments and kills, but literally nobody watches that and would service hardly anyone.

I'll say my last piece on Stranger Things, as I hinted at before. Does it have locations and monsters? Sure. But is it feasible? Like I said, other than the Upside Down, people don't associate the show with the high school, or the lab. The letters/lights on the wall look great in a maze (I've seen it done at multiple home haunts) but it was always just that ONE room and they were haunt stew mazes with a million themes. Imagine this chronologically and that transition, you get that one room, because lord knows there's no scares elsewhere and then a random black hallway and now you're in the forest. Like it's been said, with creative liberties it will work, but how hardcore fans respond to that is the question. NOW THE NEXT AND MY MAIN THING -- the monsters. The full body one was an actual suit with animatronics and stuff -- can it be pulled off at HHN? Sure, one or two -- it'll look nowhere near as good because they used a crap ton of CGI to enhance the movements. Would it be done though? It's the same thing that happened in The Thing maze, but those were all black wall scares where only arms would have to raise and they could go back into the darkness. Obviously the creature isn't as big, but we're not going to get stuff like it's mouth opening. We barely had one xenomorph in AVP that had the second-jaw action. As for the dogs, they were completely CGI and those will look AWFUL when replicated in person. Yes, AWIL had puppeteered werewolves and some of them looked great, BECAUSE they were actual puppets in the movie so the movements were fairly close. These are also very BASIC mechanical puppets. Training a blackout performer to move a demadog to push out the monsters, open its mouth and move its legs is going to be a lot to make it look NATURAL as it does in the show. I'd also argue the most popular character is Dustin, but that's a different story haha. The main component that people LOVE about the show is the characters and the story, NOT the scary elements which are practically 3% of the show. A Stranger Things maze wouldn't translate to look, feel, or be like the show. It would supply hardly any of the fun of watching it, unlike a lot of horror movies where we want to actually walkthrough them because their main antidote is the horror in the world they created. I wanna hang out with the Stranger Things kids, not necessarily go the places they do. MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.

I think saying "well This is the End could be done, so this could be too" is also an invalid argument. That's literally the worst maze in HHNH history. Do we want ANOTHER horrible maze? The set design was ugly and that's a huge factor, but the main thing was the demons they used for most scares were 1) only in a deleted scene in that small human form 2) they were clunky as hell and couldn't do much scaring. Why would the Dema be any different? AVP worked because they often did a double scare to distract you from that fact -- is there suddenly going to be two Demagorgons just to make the show work as a maze? The sound design of the show also doesn't offer a scary tone either, so we gonna try and sell this as HHNH's first drama-thriller maze?! Murdy remixed the sound for AVP, but he didn't necessarily have to because alot of it already worked from both franchises.

I'm just saying the project isn't feasible in it's CURRENT state. If they're smart (which they often are), then they know to wait for season 3 to see what else it holds to see if they can do it GOOD.

Well if you wanna play the environments game (unlike in Stranger Things, how nobody associates any of those locations other than the Upside Down with the show), Scream also has a high school, a movie theater, a movie studio (!!!) with a props room, all these places so far have a bathroom with scares in them and you know how much HHN loves those, a barn for Stab-a-thon, a hospital, college recording studio, and these are just the top of my head. As for houses, you got a garage door kill which will be awesome, Kenny in the newsvan kill or a Stu in the newsvan, Casey hanging from a tree and Steve gutted in a backyard.
It wouldn't be TOO familiar. Is it very suburban? Sure, but it doesn't have to be "enter house - next hour - next house." Now, if we're JUST doing the first film, then I wholeheartedly agree, by no means should it be done. The first 3 could work, preferably the whole series. If they wanna throw in stuff from the show, than that's triple the amount of environments and kills, but literally nobody watches that and would service hardly anyone.

I'll say my last piece on Stranger Things, as I hinted at before. Does it have locations and monsters? Sure. But is it feasible? Like I said, other than the Upside Down, people don't associate the show with the high school, or the lab. The letters/lights on the wall look great in a maze (I've seen it done at multiple home haunts) but it was always just that ONE room and they were haunt stew mazes with a million themes. Imagine this chronologically and that transition, you get that one room, because lord knows there's no scares elsewhere and then a random black hallway and now you're in the forest. Like it's been said, with creative liberties it will work, but how hardcore fans respond to that is the question. NOW THE NEXT AND MY MAIN THING -- the monsters. The full body one was an actual suit with animatronics and stuff -- can it be pulled off at HHN? Sure, one or two -- it'll look nowhere near as good because they used a crap ton of CGI to enhance the movements. Would it be done though? It's the same thing that happened in The Thing maze, but those were all black wall scares where only arms would have to raise and they could go back into the darkness. Obviously the creature isn't as big, but we're not going to get stuff like it's mouth opening. We barely had one xenomorph in AVP that had the second-jaw action. As for the dogs, they were completely CGI and those will look AWFUL when replicated in person. Yes, AWIL had puppeteered werewolves and some of them looked great, BECAUSE they were actual puppets in the movie so the movements were fairly close. These are also very BASIC mechanical puppets. Training a blackout performer to move a demadog to push out the monsters, open its mouth and move its legs is going to be a lot to make it look NATURAL as it does in the show. I'd also argue the most popular character is Dustin, but that's a different story haha. The main component that people LOVE about the show is the characters and the story, NOT the scary elements which are practically 3% of the show. A Stranger Things maze wouldn't translate to look, feel, or be like the show. It would supply hardly any of the fun of watching it, unlike a lot of horror movies where we want to actually walkthrough them because their main antidote is the horror in the world they created. I wanna hang out with the Stranger Things kids, not necessarily go the places they do. MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.

I think saying "well This is the End could be done, so this could be too" is also an invalid argument. That's literally the worst maze in HHNH history. Do we want ANOTHER horrible maze? The set design was ugly and that's a huge factor, but the main thing was the demons they used for most scares were 1) only in a deleted scene in that small human form 2) they were clunky as hell and couldn't do much scaring. Why would the Dema be any different? AVP worked because they often did a double scare to distract you from that fact -- is there suddenly going to be two Demagorgons just to make the show work as a maze? The sound design of the show also doesn't offer a scary tone either, so we gonna try and sell this as HHNH's first drama-thriller maze?! Murdy remixed the sound for AVP, but he didn't necessarily have to because alot of it already worked from both franchises.

I'm just saying the project isn't feasible in it's CURRENT state. If they're smart (which they often are), then they know to wait for season 3 to see what else it holds to see if they can do it GOOD.
You know, you’re right. Just because it has one super iconic scene and has monsters doesn’t mean it’s maze material. It’s not like HHN has ever done a maze based on the show that has a lot more to do with drama than horror despite it having scary themes in it. Could you imagine them making a year round maze out of it in the park even if such a drama was popular? Murdy would neeeeeever do that.

You never know. One year we may be debating wether or not it will work as a maze and the next year you may be demanding for them to stop doing it five times like TWD.

See, I assumed it would only be based off of the first movie because from what I recall that was how Orlando's maze was gonna go before it got Purge-ifyed. You're right about the High School and the bathrooms, though. College sets from HDD this year could probably be re-used as Scream 2, maybe. The Movie Studio would be cool, but then again, it Scream 3 wasn't as good as it probably could've been.

I dunno, I just feel like the things that made Scream unique are gonna be (sing along now) hard to translate into a maze. Otherwise, what you're left with are stuff we've seen done before. Then again, "stuff we've seen done before" worked really well for Halloween back in 2015, so who knows. I still want Scream to come, if only because Scream 4 your Life was so weirdly disjointed.

Could you imagine them making a year round maze out of it in the park even if such a drama was popular? Murdy would neeeeeever do that.

You never know. One year we may be debating wether or not it will work as a maze and the next year you may be demanding for them to stop doing it five times like TWD.

You can not honestly be comparing The Walking Dead to Stranger Things as to what will work better for a maze... a show with new central locations with extra locations they explore EACH EPISODE, zombies attacking people in gruesome ways and killing people in gruesome ways IN EACH EPISODE, with a horror theme song and music that has scares multiple times in EACH EPISODE, a show where alot of the main selling point, marketing, merchandise is the zombies AKA the horror element and where they expand upon these numerous villains EACH EPISODE. Is a lot of TWD drama? Ofcourse it is, every TV show has to be, same can be said about AHS, but on average, it's 50/50 with it's genre split, 75/25 on a GREAT episode and vice versa on a bad one. Stranger Things is 30 drama, 20 action/adventure, 20 comedy, 20 sci-fi, 7 romance and only 3 horror/scares.

See, I assumed it would only be based off of the first movie because from what I recall that was how Orlando's maze was gonna go before it got Purge-ifyed. You're right about the High School and the bathrooms, though. College sets from HDD this year could probably be re-used as Scream 2, maybe. The Movie Studio would be cool, but then again, it Scream 3 wasn't as good as it probably could've been.

I dunno, I just feel like the things that made Scream unique are gonna be (sing along now) hard to translate into a maze. Otherwise, what you're left with are stuff we've seen done before. Then again, "stuff we've seen done before" worked really well for Halloween back in 2015, so who knows. I still want Scream to come, if only because Scream 4 your Life was so weirdly disjointed.

Well try not to think of Scream 3's quality to ruin any excitement for a maze haha even a maze based soley on that film would be pretty cool, set mostly in a sound stage where you go through the props room, the sets of the old houses made to look like the kills from the first movie and the crime scene when Sidney mom was killed, let's forget about the house that blows up but Dewey's trailer outside of it could have potential, then the old mansion at the end with the creepy basement, the two way mirror room, finale in the screening room.

Yeah, the main things we love about Scream is the satire and it's tongue in cheek style, but luckily it's overloaded on slasher-action that could easily be translated into a maze. My idea for it to amp up the locations to make them more grimy, has always been to set it in the mind of Sidney Prescott as a nightmare of reliving the tragedies. Much like how Murdy interpreted the Halloween maze in 2015 as Michael Myers being a ghost. It's a small enough creative liberty that doesn't change the IP. And even if the creators weren't on board with that idea, it would still be a good maze.

You can not honestly be comparing The Walking Dead to Stranger Things as to what will work better for a maze... a show with new central locations with extra locations they explore EACH EPISODE, zombies attacking people in gruesome ways and killing people in gruesome ways IN EACH EPISODE, with a horror theme song and music that has scares multiple times in EACH EPISODE, a show where alot of the main selling point, marketing, merchandise is the zombies AKA the horror element and where they expand upon these numerous villains EACH EPISODE. Is a lot of TWD drama? Ofcourse it is, every TV show has to be, same can be said about AHS, but on average, it's 50/50 with it's genre split, 75/25 on a GREAT episode and vice versa on a bad one. Stranger Things is 30 drama, 20 action/adventure, 20 comedy, 20 sci-fi, 7 romance and only 3 horror/scares.

Well try not to think of Scream 3's quality to ruin any excitement for a maze haha even a maze based soley on that film would be pretty cool, set mostly in a sound stage where you go through the props room, the sets of the old houses made to look like the kills from the first movie and the crime scene when Sidney mom was killed, let's forget about the house that blows up but Dewey's trailer outside of it could have potential, then the old mansion at the end with the creepy basement, the two way mirror room, finale in the screening room.

Yeah, the main things we love about Scream is the satire and it's tongue in cheek style, but luckily it's overloaded on slasher-action that could easily be translated into a maze. My idea for it to amp up the locations to make them more grimy, has always been to set it in the mind of Sidney Prescott as a nightmare of reliving the tragedies. Much like how Murdy interpreted the Halloween maze in 2015 as Michael Myers being a ghost. It's a small enough creative liberty that doesn't change the IP. And even if the creators weren't on board with that idea, it would still be a good maze.
I know you love Scream, but I find it interesting how you insist Stranger Things CANNOT translate well into a house while it has far more interesting environments, scenes, and antagonists to replicate as Scream would simply be another Slasher house that we’ve seen Murdy do 243212565 times.

Trust me, I have wanted to see a proper Scream house for the longest time almost as much as you do. But to be fair, your arguments against Stranger Things could be said about lots of other things HHN has done. Nobody dies in Insidious...well, not until the end, and they still made that a house and even then they didn’t do that scene the first time they did it. I didn’t see any kills features in Crimson Peak or Happy Death Day. TitE was an awful idea to begin with but they did it anyway. Everything done in Halloween will likely be done in a Scream house the same way. It would be the same formula we’ve seen (I honestly would want to see Scream just for the garage scene).

Face it. Stranger Things is far more popular and, for a lot of people, would be far more interesting than a clumsy teenager in a 90’s Halloween costume. I would love to have both, but if they had to pick one or the other, is 90’s Halloween costume teenager with a plastic knife maze with reused props and same scare tactics going to be preferred with the GP or a more popular IP with several iconic environments and a cool looking alien creature? Wether or not it’s “horror enough” doesn’t matter. If it’s popular enough or if they really want to do it, they’ll make it happen. I honestly believe they could do a Ghostbusters house far better than how they did TiTE if they wanted to do so. If people want to see JP as a house, what makes you think Stranger Things can’t be?

You know, come to think of it, Predator has technically not been in a single horror film, and I’ve heard no one complain about him showing up at HHN.

Last edited:
I know you love Scream, but I find it interesting how you insist Stranger Things CANNOT translate well into a house while it has far more interesting environments, scenes, and antagonists to replicate as Scream would simply be another Slasher house that we’ve seen Murdy do 243212565 times.

Trust me, I have wanted to see a proper Scream house for the longest time almost as much as you do. But to be fair, your arguments against Stranger Things could be said about lots of other things HHN has done. Nobody dies in Insidious...well, not until the end, and they still made that a house and even then they didn’t do that scene the first time they did it. TitE was an awful idea to begin with but they did it anyway. Everything done in Halloween will likely be done in a Scream house the same way. It would be the same formula we’ve seen (I honestly would want to see Scream just for the garage scene).

Face it. Stranger Things is far more popular and, for a lot of people, would be far more interesting than a clumsy teenager in a 90’s Halloween costume. I would love to have both, but if they had to pick one or the other, is 90’s Halloween costume teenager with a plastic maze with reused props going to be preferred with the GP or a more popular IP with several iconic environments and a cool looking alien creature?

You know, come to think of it, Predator has technically not been in a single horror film, and I’ve heard no one complain about him showing up at HHN.

You're twisting things to make sense to your POV, buddy. And before I go further, I will say, I wouldn't be mad if a Stranger Things maze happens. I'll willingly and happily walk into it with an open mind if it comes into fruition, but as far as WANTING IT for me personally, it doesn't make the cut because I think it doesn't match HHN's standards for a maze (yet). Now I'll break it down further. Stranger Things, environmentally, is not scary. Even when they walk around in the Upside Down, there is hardly any sense of dread. Compare that to Insidious, and it is all dread and tone, and scares. These are literally apples and oranges. While Scream isn't the scariest of the slashers, it is in fact horror. It has all the elements. It has a slasher that kills and there's environments with iconic scenes to be recreated, just like you said, Halloween. How many times we've seen it is irrelevant. There's 8 maze slots and a slasher maze is a no brainer on the lineup. How it's executed is what matters. A lot of fans loved Titans of Terror this year and we have literally seen all of those franchises an abundance of times at HHN, so even a literal repeat is irrelevent in this case. If Murdy says,"hey we're doing Blumhouse's Halloween next year," it'd be silly to throw up our arms and say "we've seen that before!" No, we haven't seen this new version of Halloween yet. Even back in 2010, there's a LOT of fans of the F13 and NOES mazes back than who thought they were maze of the year quality, despite having them over and over again, because they were done differently. You don't even HAVE to use houses for Scream. You literally could make a maze out of the franchise and never step foot in one, there's that many locations and people would still identify it as Scream. There weren't any bumbling idiotic Ghostfaces on the God-forsaken tram in 2011 either, so that's a moot point. They had tall, short, fat, skinny Ghostfaces everywhere, but he can be big and imposing, if that's what we define as a scary killer. And if he was, it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of what Scream is or can be. What is questionable is a maze that would have to force locations and constant scares that people don't associate with franchise, and monsters that can't be replicated feasibly. Predator is 10 times visually more scary to look at than a Demagorgan, it's also way more ferocious with it's kills, has more horror elements mixed into it's sci-fi luckily because of it's R rating, and he also has a varied amount of weapons like Jason or Leatherface does, and it's EASY to recreate him as people have been doing for years. Lots of details, but feasible. Stranger Things is very popular, that is OBVIOUS, but because something is popular and has 3% horror in it doesn't mean it's a ring leader on the speculation line up. It's on there, but it ain't at the top. Even something that's 100% horror can't be done if it ain't feasible. Why didn't we get The Conjuring 1 as a maze immediately the year after the movie? What about when Annabelle happened? Or the Conjuring 2? Plenty of chances to tie-in, DVD releases, new opportunities for marketing. There was no lawsuit yet, no hesitant studios that haven't worked with HHN before, no Warner Bros trying to capitalize on the haunt market with Horror Lives Here. It's even more popular than Insidious and quite frankly, they're very similar movies. People were clamoring for it, requesting it beyond crazy. It just wasn't READY YET... and it wasn't it's TIME. So Insidious, while the less scarier movie, the less popular movie, and the less critically liked movie is done instead because it HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO BE AN HHN MAZE. Not stretched to be one. Not coming up with random environments and scares from non-scary people to make it work. Not trying to be a completely different brand or franchise. This Is The End, although it was awful, COULD'VE BEEN a good maze. The idea isn't awful for a Haunt -- it didn't fit at HHN, but I don't blame Murdy for thinking it could work. I even mentioned on the boards back when the movie came out I could totally see it working at KSF (where it would've possibly been better because it fits its brand a bit more). The execution was just awful, they chose the wrong scenic design, didn't push the comedy hard enough, and weren't creative with the scares. It fell flat not because it wasn't horror or didn't have enough to make a maze, but because it was poorly done. Do the scenes in the maze represent the movie properly though? If the maze was nameless, I could easily tell you what movie it was based off. Non-horror properties can work, IF THEY HAVE THE ELEMENTS and it takes after the IP correctly.

Last edited:
You're twisting things to make sense to your POV, buddy. And before I go further, I will say, I wouldn't be mad if a Stranger Things maze happens. I'll willingly and happily walk into it with an open mind if it comes into fruition, but as far as WANTING IT for me personally, it doesn't make the cut because I think it doesn't match HHN's standards for a maze (yet). Now I'll break it down further. Stranger Things, environmentally, is not scary. Even when they walk around in the Upside Down, there is hardly any sense of dread. Compare that to Insidious, and it is all dread and tone, and scares. These are literally apples and oranges. While Scream isn't the scariest of the slashers, it is in fact horror. It has all the elements. It has a slasher that kills and there's environments with iconic scenes to be recreated, just like you said, Halloween. How many times we've seen it is irrelevant. There's 8 maze slots and a slasher maze is a no brainer on the lineup. How it's executed is what matters. A lot of fans loved Titans of Terror this year and we have literally seen all of those franchises an abundance of times at HHN, so even a literal repeat is irrelevent in this case. If Murdy says,"hey we're doing Blumhouse's Halloween next year," it'd be silly to throw up our arms and say "we've seen that before!" No, we haven't seen this new version of Halloween yet. Even back in 2010, there's a LOT of fans of the F13 and NOES mazes back than who thought they were maze of the year quality, despite having them over and over again, because they were done differently. You don't even HAVE to use houses for Scream. You literally could make a maze out of the franchise and never step foot in one, there's that many locations and people would still identify it as Scream. There weren't any bumbling idiotic Ghostfaces on the God-forsaken tram in 2011 either, so that's a moot point. They had tall, short, fat, skinny Ghostfaces everywhere, but he can be big and imposing, if that's what we define as a scary killer. And if he was, it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of what Scream is or can be. What is questionable is a maze that would have to force locations and constant scares that people don't associate with franchise, and monsters that can't be replicated feasibly. Predator is 10 times visually more scary to look at than a Demagorgan, it's also way more ferocious with it's kills, has more horror elements mixed into it's sci-fi luckily because of it's R rating, and he also has a varied amount of weapons like Jason or Leatherface does, and it's EASY to recreate him as people have been doing for years. Lots of details, but feasible. Stranger Things is very popular, that is OBVIOUS, but because something is popular and has 3% horror in it doesn't mean it's a ring leader on the speculation line up. It's on there, but it ain't at the top. Even something that's 100% horror can't be done if it ain't feasible. Why didn't we get The Conjuring 1 as a maze immediately the year after the movie? What about when Annabelle happened? Or the Conjuring 2? Plenty of chances to tie-in, DVD releases, new opportunities for marketing. There was no lawsuit yet, no hesitant studios that haven't worked with HHN before, no Warner Bros trying to capitalize on the haunt market with Horror Lives Here. People were clamoring for it, requesting it beyond crazy. It just wasn't READY YET... and it wasn't it's TIME.
Stranger Things doesn’t have any environments that will give people a sense of dread......um......okay. Try saying that when you walk through the upside down in person. I’m sorry man, but none of your arguments for why Stranger Things can’t work just don’t hold up. I understand why you insist why it can’t, but the majority here (including me) just don’t share that view. Nobody cares if it’s more drama or thriller or romance or whatever. Crimson Peak was barely a horror film at all and more of a ghost romance story and they still did that. It’s got scary looking characters and environments, regardless of how “horror” it is, it’s being considered.

In other news:

The Strangers 2 just got announced. It looks alright? Could probably put them in the walk to the backlot.

I think if they are making an AHS: Cult Scarezone, they could be put in with no fuss. I mean hell, they even got the same blood smiley faces!

In other news:

The Strangers 2 just got announced. It looks alright? Could probably put them in the walk to the backlot.

I think if they are making an AHS: Cult Scarezone, they could be put in with no fuss. I mean hell, they even got the same blood smiley faces!

AFAIS, Universal isn't the distribution company, correct? And the fact that this is the second film for the company, makes me downright expect that we don't see any inclusion of The Strangers at all next year, for either coast.

It’s got scary looking characters and environments, regardless of how “horror” it is, it’s being considered.
23472756_1515629278533628_6644417258704970235_n.jpg

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch... dangerous game to play right there.

Nobody cares if it’s more drama or thriller or romance or whatever. Crimson Peak was barely a horror film at all and more of a ghost romance story and they still did that. It’s got scary looking characters and environments, regardless of how “horror” it is, it’s being considered.
You'd be right if it wasn't a Universal property, a marketing tie-in, and an opportunity to work with Guillermo Del Toro who is widely considered a popular horror & cultural icon. Furthermore to my point though, Crimson Peak's environments and characters are directly associated to the visual iconography that we think of when we think of that film. The Upside Down easily works, totally. But what about all the other elements that make Stranger Things Stranger Things? And they're totally considering it. But I'm wagering a guess they're either waiting and/or asking themselves if it's really a good fit for HHN. Mostly what I'm saying is, I doubt it's something they're jumping on as an "obvious" choice for them like we're all saying. Popularity is a major factor, but it has to work. Murdy hasn't even watched it yet, even after people told him to last year. This is sadly the exact opposite of the Trick r Treat situation -- it has everything needed, but no popularity.

You'd be right if it wasn't a Universal property, a marketing tie-in, and an opportunity to work with Guillermo Del Toro who is widely considered a popular horror & cultural icon. Furthermore to my point though, Crimson Peak's environments and characters are directly associated to the visual iconography that we think of when we think of that film. The Upside Down easily works, totally. But what about all the other elements that make Stranger Things Stranger Things? And they're totally considering it. But I'm wagering a guess they're either waiting and/or asking themselves if it's really a good fit for HHN. Mostly what I'm saying is, I doubt it's something they're jumping on as an "obvious" choice for them like we're all saying. Popularity is a major factor, but it has to work. Murdy hasn't even watched it yet, even after people told him to last year. This is sadly the exact opposite of the Trick r Treat situation -- it has everything needed, but no popularity.

Murdy said he was checking it out a while ago; I don’t know the tweet but i could of sworn I saw it a while ago

Looks like that tweet was deleted. That's almost more damning than anything else. If it's not coming for certain, at least we know they're trying to get it.
There’s too many fans requesting it to not try to get it. If Murdy were to shrug it off and not consider it for not being “horror enough” or something, a lot of fans would be upset like they just heard Pikachu talk or something.

There should be a Halloween Horror Nights based on Stranger Things, It has everything that the HHN need, especially the Upside Down and the Demogorgons. Also, y really it's at the Upper Lot rather than in the Lower Lot at the backlot.

There should be a Halloween Horror Nights based on Stranger Things, It has everything that the HHN need, especially the Upside Down and the Demogorgons. Also, y really it's at the Upper Lot rather than in the Lower Lot at the backlot.

Do us a favor and read the first 12 pages of this thread. Cheers mate!

Does TWD need an exclusive makeover for HHN or should it stay as it is during the season? I personally think it should get something special for the season, maybe not an IP but an expansion of the maze itself with """new sets""" and new characters. Before you bring up that Murdy said it's too early for it, House of Horrors opened in 2007 and got its first HHN makeover (Chucky's Funhouse) in 2009. Walking Dead opened in 2016 and of course next year would be it's second year running which is the same amount of time that took House of Horrors to get something for HHN.