Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Two things:

1. If the Halloween maze is really just a "best of", which movies in the franchise would be represented? Isn't the thing with the Halloween franchise that there are various IP owners, that it's complicated to get rights to different movies, sort of like how the rights for Scream and Hellraiser are all over the place?

2. Worst case scenario for Halloween is that it goes the route of Titans of Terror, where they continue to story of the Uber Fan, now having a nightmare about Michael.

3. Just to verify, when we say IT is going in 747, we're talking about the queue and not the Sound Stage, right?

Presumably, it'd be H1+2 and maybe 3, possibly some of the Rob Zombie films as well. I dunno about the rights situations, but I think Uni distributed Zombie's version and H1-3 have already come to Horror Nights.

I would love Uber Fan to come back. God, what a neat idea; Maybe we get Michael in the real world? Idk.

It goes in the queue, yeah, although I wouldn't mind if it came to the soundstage instead!

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Presumably, it'd be H1+2 and maybe 3, possibly some of the Rob Zombie films as well. I dunno about the rights situations, but I think Uni distributed Zombie's version and H1-3 have already come to Horror Nights.

I would love Uber Fan to come back. God, what a neat idea; Maybe we get Michael in the real world? Idk.

It goes in the queue, yeah, although I wouldn't mind if it came to the soundstage instead!

Ahh. Because throughout the years when Halloween was at the event, I've heard in line and talking with people, either in the VIP lounge or sitting on Terror Tram, that with Michael Myers, they'd hope films like Halloween 4,5,6, H2O, and Resurrection would eventually come to HHN; though I know the rights for those films are tricky. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to an original take on Michael Myers, given that I was fine with last year's version, though I'd hope it would be more real world. And I totally agree with IT; if it were up to me I'd have all the mazes in sound stages.

Just gonna say this thread is so peaceful compared to Orlando’s, it’s weird jumping between the two. Really curious to see how this year plays out
Seriously, I think this is going to be a "meh" year for them. Kind of like how ours was last year where it suffered from so many things getting switched out. At least they won't be dealing with black walls. Glad I got to go last year because it was really great. Better than 25.

I remember the Leatherface debacle. Turns out that was partially true, but his section only took up the end of the house.
DTH here back with another monthly sign in.
- UBER excited to see we're getting a soundstage maze. It being Stranger Things, well.... hopefully it's good and detailed. AVP was rockin' but Black Sabbath was a waste of the SS venue.
- A Holidays scarezone is always a welcome treat, it gives me such glee during Halloween.
- I think the rumors about what's coming and where, what's scrapped, and being switched are a bit baseless at this point. Most of it seems to be made in a vacuum and coming from nowhere. There's only maybe 2 good sources or rumor mills to take from, and that's Orlando thread based on correlation and Galindo, since he has a decent track record. All this other stuff feels like I'm just reading nonsense haha. The WW venue being wrong and the Metro SZ being wrong are clear indicators of that. I suggest y'all go back to the drawing board instead of going in circles about things you think or hope!
I think Halloween will go in WaterWorld. That seems like an ideal venue in Murdy's eyes for a slasher IP.
Two things:

1. If the Halloween maze is really just a "best of", which movies in the franchise would be represented? Isn't the thing with the Halloween franchise that there are various IP owners, that it's complicated to get rights to different movies, sort of like how the rights for Scream and Hellraiser are all over the place?

2. Worst case scenario for Halloween is that it goes the route of Titans of Terror, where they continue to story of the Uber Fan, now having a nightmare about Michael.

3. Just to verify, when we say IT is going in 747, we're talking about the queue and not the Sound Stage, right?
For what it's worth, I thought we wouldn't get a sound stage house for sure. Now that Stranger Things is going in a legit sound stage, I don't think it's outrageous to score 747 back, especially now that Mindy has been canceled. That would be perfect for IT.

I’m so excited for this

They're probably gonna use projections for the spores, that or bubble machines. Beyond that, I could see maybe lighting effects being discussed? Prosthetics? Maybe some weird vortexy thing for the gate?

God, this maze can't come soon enough.

Two things:

Not gonna lie, I would like to see another uber fan with Michael Myers. I guess the storyline would be the kid just got back from watching the new halloween movie (If thats what the maze is gonna based on instead of having a best of) and now he is having a nightmare of Michael Myers

This may seem blindingly obvious now that I think about it, but with the Halloween 2018 trailer probably releasing in, at the very most, a week or two, what are the odds of the next announcement being Halloween? It could get some good synergy going on and AHS, which for us is an old season, can probably wait a month or two.

Damn, I didn't think of that, but the Uber Fan making a comeback would be great. Him being an "icon" of sorts for Hollywood. As long as they eventually kill him sometime year 3-5 of his return lmao. THEN there could be an original maze, where he's a Zombie-Slasher ala Jason Lives, terrorizing his old neighborhood. I want this so bad now and it'll sadly never happen haha

Fezzes are cool.
0ae26540e0933dbf590686d68092cc9cf29ace7d_hq.gif

Not really. This got brought up earlier. The IP holder wants to see what the design is before officially signing off on the maze. He pitched the Stranger Things maze a week before the announcement was made.

Thanks; I’m still getting used to the lingo. Since we’re most likely getting one announcement next month I’m starting to feel like it’ll be Halloween. Any time it’s brought everyone gets so excited and it would be a pretty good follow up to ST(that and the trailer is dropping soon)

Could have been Halloween.

I think it is safe to assume there wouldn't need to be a design picth if they are doing The Thing.

Not much in the way of new info, seems like Murdy just goofing off. Still, good to hear that TT announcement is same as always. Wonder if they'll knock out a maze announcement simultaneously?

Edit: Actually, crazy idea: Have we done a Halloween terror tram? I guess with the WoW set it's kinda hard to just say "It's Haddonfield after he came" but still, Michael back at the little sheet maze, coupled with a couple suburban sets. That little section by the woods might be used again, who knows.

Reactions: Joey