Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kinda similar to the one in Dracula Untold's maze, in between the cave at the beginning and the witch's lair.

Maybe something a bit more stylized, like the village from Knott's Pinocchio maze awhile back. I'd LOVE to see them try out a black and white forest scene, with crazy Gothic houses and projection effects. That'd be so cool to see. Something like this:
nightmare1.jpg

or maybe this (but in black and white):
size500_Paranorman_ForestGauntlet_PeteOswald_detail1000.jpg

Maybe something a bit more stylized, like the village from Knott's Pinocchio maze awhile back. I'd LOVE to see them try out a black and white forest scene, with crazy Gothic houses and projection effects. That'd be so cool to see. Something like this:
nightmare1.jpg
Looks like someone did @Freak ’s homework :lol:
I would like to see what they could come up with for a classic Monsters gauntlet, but I’d prefer it to be located before the maze than after cause if it was after it would have to utilize the roll out props like the purge gauntlet and they wouldn’t be able to control the environment, we’d just be out on French street

Looks like someone did @Freak ’s homework :lol:
I would like to see what they could come up with for a classic Monsters gauntlet, but I’d prefer it to be located before the maze than after cause if it was after it would have to utilize the roll out props like the purge gauntlet and they wouldn’t be able to control the environment, we’d just be out on French street

Great thing about old movies is that they're public domain. I think both Nosferatu and Dr. Caligari are free on youtube.

I think if they did the gauntlet, it'd be before like last year's Blumhouse section. It just makes the most sense, given precedent. I'm imagining a couple of burning village houses, a campfire, an old carriage with a skeleton horse touched up to look gothic, a little graveyard, a short little outdoor church/crypt with bats in the rafters, a burning windmill in the distance...Wow, there's a lot they can do, actually!

Reactions: Ulis clement
ucm is one of my most anticipated mazes it'll be great the classics finally making a return after 4 years *sigh* they should've just kept house of horrors instead of replacing it with the awful walking dead attraction i mean i guess the general public loves it and some properties just can't stop coming back....the purge for example before you know it blumhouses the purge permanent attraction will be making its debut at universal

Great thing about old movies is that they're public domain. I think both Nosferatu and Dr. Caligari are free on youtube.

I think if they did the gauntlet, it'd be before like last year's Blumhouse section. It just makes the most sense, given precedent. I'm imagining a couple of burning village houses, a campfire, an old carriage with a skeleton horse touched up to look gothic, a little graveyard, a short little outdoor church/crypt with bats in the rafters, a burning windmill in the distance...Wow, there's a lot they can do, actually!
They both are indeed free on YouTube... I’ve had to watch them each multiple times for multiple film assignments. I’ve been doin Freaks homework for 3 years now lol

Yeah a gauntlet beforehand would be incredibly interesting. I would love to see a village in chaos from the monsters rampaging. Do I think it’ll happen? Not really. But is it a possibility? Of course

Reactions: rageofthegods
They both are indeed free on YouTube... I’ve had to watch them each multiple times for multiple film assignments. I’ve been doin Freaks homework for 3 years now lol

Yeah a gauntlet beforehand would be incredibly interesting. I would love to see a village in chaos from the monsters rampaging. Do I think it’ll happen? Not really. But is it a possibility? Of course

I would rather want a highly themed park with a D-Ticket walkthrough attraction than a D-Ticket walkthrough attraction in a park that's theming was less than sub-par.

__

Back to CM, I can see French Street as the easy alternative as you wouldn't need to do much to even begin with. I would argue it'd be very easy for Universal to do that, with fog, live actors, and lighting, and still accommodate it for VIP access.

Haha, oh man. How many times have you had to write "Dr. Caligari is a criticism of Authoritarianism" ?

I think that if they are going to do the black and white thing with Classic Monsters, then I don't think an outdoor section would be too smart, just because it would be really hard to control the light output. I think something that might be cool is if they try to oversaturate and "tint" the light in the house a la Suspiria, where each scene is washed with red or blue or yellow, like they used to do with old B&W film prints to make them "colour." Kinda like this version of Dr. Caligari.

Talking about Dr. Caligari really makes me think, though: wouldn't it be cool to see some lesser-known classic monsters in there? Maybe the Hunchback of Notre Dame or The Man who Laughs, or indeed Cesare and the travelling circus. Maybe the facade to the forest section could be a Caligari-style circus tent, maybe with the Wolfman rampaging on the inside. Ugh, so much potential!

Edit: And hey, a circus tent as a facade makes sense, because Murdy likes to consider himself a "carny!"

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Back to CM, I can see French Street as the easy alternative as you wouldn't need to do much to even begin with. I would argue it'd be very easy for Universal to do that, with fog, live actors, and lighting, and still accommodate it for VIP access.

That’d be awesome if the UCM maze dumped guests out into a UCM scarezone, sort of like what Orlando did with The Walking Dead in 2012 and Zombiegeddon in 2010.

So we have another maze treatment completed and terror tram mentioned...

Maze treatment - surprisingly slim 61 pages!

tomorrow his attention goes back to Terror Tram... before starting on the next maze treatment.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I would love a scene on London street where you can see an animatronic Wolfman howling on the rooftops, and Wolfmen statues climbing on the walls, with projections of it jumping from building to building, while puppeteers and costumed Wolfmen eat victims down below, running away and screaming while in pieces.

Maybe it's similar to how he's briefly describing UCM as "sort of original maze and sort of an IP"? Kind of a bit of a hybrid? Like the 2011 TT being an IP (Scream), but mostly original themed, with the fake horror movies for the Stabathon.

Last edited:
The Halloween trailer is dropping early June, could it possibly be our next announcement or do y’all think they’ll wait?

Probably a little later (3-5 days, maybe a week), I'd say, just so that the HHN announcement can "prolong" hype for the movie. I don't know if there's precedent for that, mind; Insidious house last year was announced before the trailer, but I'm pretty sure that was down to the sudden release-date change more than anything. Just feels like something marketing would do.