Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Does Blumhouse and Blumhouse only own Lords of Salem? I was thinking that if we got a Vol.2 next year that it would be a very nice inclusion.
Looks like it was tossed around multiple production companies (including Blumhouse) and distributed by a subsidiary of Lionsgate. That's less problematic than, say, Sony or the Weinsteins; Lionsgate already had collaborations before with Saw and Ash v. Evil Dead (Starz is part of Lionsgate), so it shouldn't be too hard.

Conjuring 2 had an Amityville opening. That counts, right?

Does Blumhouse and Blumhouse only own Lords of Salem? I was thinking that if we got a Vol.2 next year that it would be a very nice inclusion.
^ What he said.

But real quick let's look at potential films that could happen if a Blumhouse Volume 2 happened. Films that have never been at HHN.

* = Little Chance
× = Medium Chance
+ - Huge Chance

- PA Series ×
- Dark Skies *
- Ouija +
- Jessabelle *
- The Lazarus Effect ×
- Unfriended *
- Area 51 *
- The Gallows *
- The Visit *
- The Darkness *
- Viral *
- Oculus +
- Split +
- The Town That Dreaded Sundown ×
- The Green Inferno +
- Get Out +
- Amityville The Awakening *
- Truth or Dare +

^ What he said.

But real quick let's look at potential films that could happen if a Blumhouse Volume 2 happened. Films that have never been at HHN.

* = Little Chance
× = Medium Chance
+ - Huge Chance

- PA Series ×
- Dark Skies *
- Ouija +
- Jessabelle *
- The Lazarus Effect ×
- Unfriended *
- Area 51 *
- The Gallows *
- The Visit *
- The Darkness *
- Viral *
- Oculus +
- Split +
- The Town That Dreaded Sundown ×
- The Green Inferno +
- Get Out +
- Amityville The Awakening *
- Truth or Dare +

Besides Ouija, Green Inferno, maybe Truth or Dare none of these would take up much space. Maybe they could fit in 5 properties this year and have Ouija, Green Inferno, Truth or Dare, Get Out, and Oculus. Split and Ouija(Hasbro has a say in how the movies are used)have rights issues though, so that might prevent them from coming.

FNAF has a good chance of being throw into HHN, whether they want it to be in Vol.2 because Blumhouse is making the film or just having it be a standalone maze. For those of you that have played or at least are familiar with it, the property is extremely rich with environments and characters. It could easily fill up a section or a maze with the content, depending on which game the movie focuses on of course. Regardless, it'll be enough to work with especially if it's thrown into Blumhouse.

FNAF has a good chance of being throw into HHN, whether they want it to be in Vol.2 because Blumhouse is making the film or just having it be a standalone maze. For those of you that have played or at least are familiar with it, the property is extremely rich with environments and characters. It could easily fill up a section or a maze with the content, depending on which game the movie focuses on of course. Regardless, it'll be enough to work with especially if it's thrown into Blumhouse.
Didn't they already do something with FNAF at Fright Dome? Would that affect the rights?

Didn't they already do something with FNAF at Fright Dome? Would that affect the rights?
Frightdome uses the game while Uni will most definitely use the movie if it were to be included into HHN. I feel like they'd be treated as two different things and rights wouldn't be much of an issue even though they're essentially the same thing.

Frightdome uses the game while Uni will most definitely use the movie if it were to be included into HHN. I feel like they'd be treated as two different things and rights wouldn't be much of an issue even though they're essentially the same thing.

Fright Done seemed to only have it for 2016. And that I would imagine it could happen, with chances higher if the film gets distributed by Universal.

But, we're talking about a film that doesn't have a solid release date, nor a proper distribution company that we know. And that Ouija and Split, have barriers that I don't think would lead well for HHN in business matters.

Honest, if Blumhouse V2 happens for Hollywood, I would expect Purge and Halloween as definites, with another Universal/Blum IP to round things up.

Honest, if Blumhouse V2 happens for Hollywood, I would expect Purge and Halloween as definites, with another Universal/Blum IP to round things up.
I wouldn't expect Halloween to be apart of a Blumhouse Volume 2. It's too big of a property to be put in a section of a Maze. I would imagine they would want to promote Michael Myers and put him as huge advertising for the event. So promoting Blumhouse probably wouldn't work well. Promoting a Michael Myers Solo maze? Possible.

I wouldn't expect Halloween to be apart of a Blumhouse Volume 2. It's too big of a property to be put in a section of a Maze. I would imagine they would want to promote Michael Myers and put him as huge advertising for the event. So promoting Blumhouse probably wouldn't work well. Promoting a Michael Myers Solo maze? Possible.

If they are marketing the new film, I would think that Blumhouse and Universal would want to keep most of the details of the film vague. And that putting it as a headlining portion of a Blumhouse maze, would make more sense; as you don't have to give too much time for it to become a spoiler all to it's own.

Fright Done seemed to only have it for 2016. And that I would imagine it could happen, with chances higher if the film gets distributed by Universal.

But, we're talking about a film that doesn't have a solid release date, nor a proper distribution company that we know. And that Ouija and Split, have barriers that I don't think would lead well for HHN in business matters.

I’d prefer Purge in a scarezone with Halloween and two other properties in the maze if V2 does happen. The only question is what properties would they use, because they basically the used up the most maze worthy properties.

I really, really don't see Halloween being a part of HoB Vol. 2. It just has too long of a history outside of Blumhouse. You think that Sinister and The Purge being under Blumhouse was confusing for the GA this year? Wait 'til they're told that one of the most famous horror movies out there is in the middle of a Blumhouse maze. I just think it'll be too confusing for alot of people.

Plus there's already precedent for Blumhouse properties having their own stand-alone mazes outside of the omnibus maze; just this year, we had Insidious and HoB as their own separate mazes.

For a Blumhouse maze this year, I can see them cobbling something together from The Purge; Unfriended, Truth or Dare or some other smaller Universal-Blumhouse collaboration; and a promotional for an upcoming movie that's maybe not announced yet (Happy Death Day was announced in June, remember). Personally, I'd love to see another crack at Sinister with more scenes from the first movie, but I don't think it's happening. Honestly though, I'd prefer if they just take a break and let Blumhouse hit it big on another IP, preferably distributed by Uni or one of its subsidiaries.

Honestly, I would expect "Insidious: Chapter 4" (now with finished scenic) in addition to Blumhouse's Halloween before Blumhouse Volume II.