Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Krampus is too good to be in a maze like that.

I should’ve changed it to Jigsaw.

“You are now in a Trap. You must make it through this maze without thinking about how this replaced AHS Asylum. Let the games begin.” There would be pig heads interspersed throughout the maze too

So I terms of possible properties for BH2, I can see Hush, Insidious, Sinister, The Lords of Salem, Truth or Dare, Get Out, and MAYBE The Green Inferno happening.

So I terms of possible properties for BH2, I can see Hush, Insidious, Sinister, The Lords of Salem, Truth or Dare, Get Out, and MAYBE The Green Inferno happening.

I would be shocked if Insidious, Hush, Lords of Salem, Truth or Dare, and/or The Green Inferno get included, as they didn't exactly catch people's eyes the way Get Out, Sinister, and Split did.

Outside of Sinister, look to what was distributed with Universal as the most likely.

I'll preface all of this by saying that I, like HorrorNightsFan13, don't have inside info and am just speculating for fun. For HOB Vol. 2, I could see it being Split, Get Out, and Halloween 2018, with Purge being used as transitions. Basically I'm picturing it being a movie theater during The Purge, but we see more of that movie theater atmosphere, so the first room of the maze is the theater lobby but the theater is overrun by Purgers (maybe even theater ushers/employees in Purge masks), and then we go into the different auditoriums. Since some things can't really be translated into a maze as well, maybe intro each movie with a room similar to the movie theater room in El Cucuy (i.e. for Get Out, maybe enter the auditorium/see the poster, then walk down the aisle of the auditorium while the hypnotism scene is being projected, then go behind the screen and enter the movie). The transition hallways between movies could also be continuations of the movie theater lobby/hallway with Purgers coming out of bathroom doors, etc.

Basically the idea is that it's a way to really sell the movie theater during The Purge idea that was attempted last year but lost once we entered the theater itself until the very end, which by then felt out of place. This would also be an original take on The Purge without dedicating an entire maze to The First Purge/running the risk of controversy. I know that the argument re: Split is that it's part of a larger universe with a film under Disney, but if the Split section is short and omits anything having to do with Unbreakable it could be fine (similar to how Disney can get away with having a Guardians ride by not directly mentioning Marvel). Plus with Glass coming out in January it's a way for Universal to put Split back in people's minds. With the last section being Halloween 2018, it's a way to include scenes from the trailer and not have to run the risk of spoiling anything else from the movie (as mentioned earlier by HorrorNightsFan13). Plus I agree that the new movie would probably be a bigger draw than Halloween 4, and it would be a great way to promote it. Again, this is all speculation just for fun, but a giant maze with Get Out, Halloween 2018, Split, and The Purge seems like the only way to really justify the AHS/FDTD location.

Also, this may have already been discussed/shot down, but since it's been hinted that there will be multiple 2018 horror films, is A Quiet Place a possibility? I could see it lending itself well to the Waterworld location (combination of enclosed and open air sections), and given that it's Paramount's biggest hit in quite some time and they don't have their own haunt event, I could see them wanting to capitalize on its success further. Plus it's produced by Platinum Dunes, which Universal has a bit of a relationship with for the parks already with Purge and Transformers, so that could make it easier to get as well.

I would be shocked if Insidious, Hush, Lords of Salem, Truth or Dare, and/or The Green Inferno get included, as they didn't exactly catch people's eyes the way Get Out, Sinister, and Split did.

Outside of Sinister, look to what was distributed with Universal as the most likely.

Split I feel is way too esoteric of a film to do as a house...I just can't see how they would make the Beast scary.

Lords of Salem has a relatively large Horror celebrity name behind it, white masked killer was confirmed (Hush), Insidious wasn't in our HB last year so that's an easy repurpose, Truth or Dare is that "gotta make DVD sales" marketing loves to do at Hollywood, The Green Inferno is the opposite political motive of Get Out...so people can t complain about the politics of Get Out being included.

Split I feel is way too esoteric of a film to do as a house...I just can't see how they would make the Beast scary.

Lords of Salem has a relatively large Horror celebrity name behind it, white masked killer was confirmed (Hush), Insidious wasn't in our HB last year so that's an easy repurpose, Truth or Dare is that "gotta make DVD sales" marketing loves to do at Hollywood, The Green Inferno is the opposite political motive of Get Out...so people can t complain about the politics of Get Out being included.

Lords of Salem isn't happening. Split isn't, either.

Truth or Dare, maybe. Hush, almost no chance. Insidious could go either way, but Murdy "claims" it isn't coming via Twitter. Green Inferno is absolutely not having - arguably more controversial than Get Out. Political controversies don't cancel each other out...

Lords of Salem isn't happening. Split isn't, either.

Truth or Dare, maybe. Hush, almost no chance. Insidious could go either way, but Murdy "claims" it isn't coming via Twitter. Green Inferno is absolutely not having - arguably more controversial than Get Out. Political controversies don't cancel each other out...

I wouldn't call a film a "controversy." I was saying that if someone were to say "Universal is bringing a movie that hates upper-class white people, they're SJWs" they can point to The Green inferno and say "We put a movie where those 'SJWs' are clearly naive and all get killed" Sure, they don't say that, but that's where my logic was.

Is there any chance Purge could go in Blumhouse 2.0? I really hope it won’t be like Insidious where it could’ve easily fit in the mashup but took up an another venue

Going to quietly drop this here..

RbBBCJm.jpg

It got updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
I wouldn't call a film a "controversy." I was saying that if someone were to say "Universal is bringing a movie that hates upper-class white people, they're SJWs" they can point to The Green inferno and say "We put a movie where those 'SJWs' are clearly naive and all get killed" Sure, they don't say that, but that's where my logic was.

They're deliberately provocative films that are designed to elicit controversy; thereby, they are controversial. Get Out did so to critical acclaim. Green Inferno... did not, and has been heavily criticized for its messaging. (It's also just not a popular film, or one that will readily translate to a maze environment.) Trust me, they'd never message it that way.

Honestly I hope they put The First Purge and Halloween in Blumhouse just so we won't have a Blumhouse Backlot, though knowing Universal they're probably gonna call it that

Would they even bother with masks for Split? Other than the surgeons, knight outfit and skeleton deer, what else could they do for Get Out? Something tells me that if those 2 are in HoB V.2, they may get less maze space, and most of it will go to Sinister.