Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

since murdy said the exclusive maze we are getting is getting its own announcement video (probably like the stranger things one) if it is the purge, i wonder why they would go all out for a special announcement like that. Its no stranger things. I guess maybe if jason blum is in it but, is purge really that special??

since murdy said the exclusive maze we are getting is getting its own announcement video (probably like the stranger things one) if it is the purge, i wonder why they would go all out for a special announcement like that. Its no stranger things. I guess maybe if jason blum is in it but, is purge really that special??
I guess if he’s willing to have the Purge at the event six years in a row, it probably is reeeeealky special in his eyes, especially since it’s now a full-blown maze.

I guess if he’s willing to have the Purge at the event six years in a row, it probably is reeeeealky special in his eyes, especially since it’s now a full-blown maze.
i'll still argue the Purge got its own full blown maze in 2016 with "Gauntlet of Fear".... so if (another Purge) maze is legit happening this year, it better be pretty damn mind blowingly "WOW" worthy after 5 years. The last thing we need is valuable maze space wasted after last year

Why do you guys think Mike Allen is joining John murdy and Chris Williams at the panel do you think there’s gonna be a lot of announcements ? ...

I mean, it would be the right place and moment, with him there, to announce shared IPs: Halloween, HoB V.2, and/or Poltergeist. Hell, maybe even KKFOS for Hollywood.

Just had a weird thought...and maybe it has rights issues...but what if Halloween is the Cult of Thorn trilogy?

IIRC 6-Rob Zombie’s H2 are owned by Dimension. 1-5 are all Universal though(1 is owned by a company that Universal owned). H2018 is owned by Blumhouse, Universal, & Miramax

Edit - Miramax is currently owned by a new company called BeIN Media Group. Hopefully they’re not stingy with future potential properties

Why do you guys think Mike Allen is joining John murdy and Chris Williams at the panel do you think there’s gonna be a lot of announcements ? ...

Michael is one of the most talented individuals I know..that said.

He, commits his heart and soul to the Orlando resort, and will not be leaving them for Murdy.

That said..I would expect an announcement from both of them. The question..is if it'll be a particular shared IP rumored, or that they'll both have something exclusive to share for each coast.

Either way, don't expect a blowout of the rest of Hollywood and Orlando, even if that'd be a cool thing to do.

Michael is one of the most talented individuals I know..that said.

He, commits his heart and soul to the Orlando resort, and will not be leaving them for Murdy.

That said..I would expect an announcement from both of them. The question..is if it'll be a particular shared IP rumored, or that they'll both have something exclusive to share for each coast.

Either way, don't expect a blowout of the rest of Hollywood and Orlando, even if that'd be a cool thing to do.
my guess is they'll probably announce Poltergeist, given it doesnt get announced before then

I know it’s not a Hollywood exclusive but it is sort of ironic John said “See you on the other side” and Poltergeist has a sequel with the subtitle the Other Side. Anyways, how do you guys think he’ll do The Purge? I’m hoping a mashup with scenes from all 4 with multiple facades since the Metro Sets Tent usually has huge sets. What are the odds the TV Series slips into the maze?

I know it’s not a Hollywood exclusive but it is sort of ironic John said “See you on the other side” and Poltergeist has a sequel with the subtitle the Other Side. Anyways, how do you guys think he’ll do The Purge? I’m hoping a mashup with scenes from all 4 with multiple facades since the Metro Sets Tent usually has huge sets. What are the odds the TV Series slips into the maze?

Could be similar to The Walking Dead (2012 maze), with various environments, going from small homes to the city and such. It does have the potential to be an intense maze.

Honestly im hoping it doesnt happen at all lol, but if it does i wouldnt mind it being original, theres no sets that really stand out for me in the movies, mostly the character design, so maybe seeing some original purgers could be cool.

Worst case scenario for The Purge maze would be the sets are obviously from another IP that ended up being scrapped, and they had to be trashed to look different (Orlando 2015).

honestly a purge maze could work, COULD. if they make it semi original. like you're going through a town and you enter into different areas like a gas station, church, survivals bunkers, weapons store, etc etc. if they could do that then it could work, but you know murdy.

Honestly im hoping it doesnt happen at all lol, but if it does i wouldnt mind it being original, theres no sets that really stand out for me in the movies, mostly the character design, so maybe seeing some original purgers could be cool.
This, this, & this... We don't need Purge 6.0, but if its used, i'd rather see it through-out the Blumhouse Theatre instead of being its own maze or its own section. Do what last year's maze did (well half-a$$ed) and set it during Purge Night. The other movies will be featured, but all the Theatre stuff will cater to The Purge. kills 2 birds with one maze.

And yes, another original like Gauntlet of Fear would be great, but I honestly feel like the location helped with its success.

We've seen original Purge characters created for HHN, so I could see it happen again. It seems like the more whimsical the character, the more popular they are (Teddy Bear Purger, Lady Liberty, Fuzzy Pig costume, etc)...

honestly a purge maze could work, COULD. if they make it semi original. like you're going through a town and you enter into different areas like a gas station, church, survivals bunkers, weapons store, etc etc. if they could do that then it could work, but you know murdy.
You don't even need to be that excessive with the locations. It just needs to be well done... and the more chaotic it is, the better. Of course it'd need a really strong cast but also a big cast (in my head I'm thinking back to the final night of HHN 2015 with "This Is The End", it was during the last hour of the event, BOTH casts were on set, nobody was where they should be. Scareactors everywhere. It was chaos, fun, & scary... the way that maze should've been from Day 1)