Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I'm actually a little worried that losing the rights to AHS might make Murdy / whoever is creative director next year try to cram Asylum, Cult, Coven and whatever the next season is into one house. That'd be a shame, honestly, because Asylum definitely deserves its own house.

Who's to say the contract can't be longer than three years?

Who's to say the contract can't be longer than three years?

I guess that's true, but it's going to be harder to justify a single season house now, because it just means you won't be able to catch up. Could result in some cramming down the line.
I really don't think Disney would turn down easy royalty money for some of Fox's properties to be at HHN.

I'm more worried about Disney's terms of usage becoming harsher than Fox's. Will they ask for more Royalties or demand that mazes based off of their properties only be promotion houses? Disney makes some pretty notoriously crappy demands for small theatres showing their movies. Will Universals not be willing to take the new terms?

Conjuring would probably go into the JP Queue, Waterworld isn’t big enough to cram all *at the time of next years event* 5 movies into. Which bring another question, will Conjuring be a returning property(like AHS) for 2019 due to Conjuring 3 or will they wait for more films in the universe for another volume(Crooked Man has a film in development). Either way this news is exciting, and AHS probably won’t be affected at HHN until maybe 2019 or 2020.

Conjuring would probably go into the JP Queue, Waterworld isn’t big enough to cram all *at the time of next years event* 5 movies into. Which bring another question, will Conjuring be a returning property(like AHS) for 2019 due to Conjuring 3 or will they wait for more films in the universe for another volume(Crooked Man has a film in development). Either way this news is exciting, and AHS probably won’t be affected at HHN until maybe 2019 or 2020.

The original treatment was just Conjuring I and II. I'd expect if it comes next year to only have them as well with the a room advertising for The Nun, so yes - it can fit in Waterworld.

The original treatment was just Conjuring I and II. I'd expect if it comes next year to only have them as well with the a room advertising for The Nun, so yes - it can fit in Waterworld.

Ok that treatment makes more sense. Do you think they would utilize any scenes from Annabelle or Annabelle Creation? The second had a lot to work with and could shoehorn a room. Also I feel like the facade would probably be the Warren’s Occult museum

Ok that treatment makes more sense. Do you think they would utilize any scenes from Annabelle or Annabelle Creation? The second had a lot to work with and could fit a scene or two. Side note but there’s a lot of rumblings about Stranger Things for sure coming in the Orlando forums, anything happening over here too?

So I'm interested in this tweet:

Because "massive doc" and "lot's of research" makes it sound like it's a TV show or a movie series rather than a single movie. I'm leaning towards TV show, because those seem to be the more popular at the moment. What do you guys think? Stranger Thing? Twin Peaks?

Personally, I'm guessing Stranger Things, if only because he mentioned he was watching it recently (Though I wouldn't be opposed to Twin Peaks!)

Also, this tweet:

What other classic movies/properties are there left? Poltergeist? Scream/Hellraiser? Maybe It? Could it be Murdy's Hitchcock or Classic Movie Monsters Maze?

Edit: One thing to note: the lineup doesn't appear to be very set in stone right now. That could mean some difficult negotiations, or some space for an original maze, or something.

Because "massive doc" and "lot's of research" makes it sound like it's a TV show or a movie series rather than a single movie. I'm leaning towards TV show, because those seem to be the more popular at the moment. What do you guys think? Stranger Thing? Twin Peaks?

Personally, I'm guessing Stranger Things, if only because he mentioned he was watching it recently (Though I wouldn't be opposed to Twin Peaks!)

Also, this tweet:

What other classic movies/properties are there left? Poltergeist? Scream/Hellraiser? Maybe It? Could it be Murdy's Hitchcock or Classic Movie Monsters Maze?

To say something, there may be an answer to that; and that it was already discussed on the forums.

Also, this tweet:

Edit: One thing to note: the lineup doesn't appear to be very set in stone right now. That could mean some difficult negotiations, or some space for an original maze, or something.

I’m thinking Stranger Things and IT; those seem like the marquee attractions(Conjuring as well if they decide to do it). Also an original seems hopeful for this year, but with Murdy it might not happen.
It was discussed on the Orlando forums that NOES and Stranger Things are Confirmed for Orlando. It may apply here as well, however NOES doesn’t really fit the mold for a dream property unless Murdy is using a pun(get it, “Dream” property. But yeah ST is probably about coming next year so don’t be too surprised about that.

Last edited:
...So I guess that's four quasi-confirmed properties (AHS, Halloween, Conjuring, ST) already, with chatter about Twin Peaks and IT. Possibly Trick R Treat also. That's honestly a pretty well-rounded lineup that leaves one wildcard, maybe a Miramax slasher or an original. I doubt it'll be a cult classic like Channel Zero, Hannibal or Suspiria; there's already two cult classic IPs in that lineup, TrT and Twin Peaks, and higher ups will probably push Murdy for a more popular maze. What do you guys think?

...So I guess that's four quasi-confirmed properties (AHS, Halloween, Conjuring, ST) already, with chatter about Twin Peaks and IT. Possibly Trick R Treat also. That's honestly a pretty well-rounded lineup that leaves one wildcard, maybe a Miramax slasher or an original. I doubt it'll be a cult classic like Channel Zero, Hannibal or Suspiria; there's already two cult classic IPs in that lineup, TrT and Twin Peaks, and higher ups will probably push Murdy for a more popular maze. What do you guys think?

Probably one of the top 3 best house lineups of all time imo. If they have really good scarezones(one of which is most likely The Purge), Then 2018 might possibly top 2016. I’m most curious about AHS, and whether it will be solely Asylum or Cult or Asylum, Coven, And Cult. With this lineup, I’m predicting this:

Upper Lot:
- The Walking Dead; TWDA
- The Conjuring I, II, & The Nun; Waterworld Queue
- Horror of Blumhouse Volume 2: TBD, TBD, Halloween; Parisian Courtyard

Lower Lot:
- Twin Peaks or The Thing; Mummy Queue
- IT; JP Queue

Backlot:
- AHS: Asylum, Coven, Cult; FDTD Area
- Trick R Treat OR Original; Metro Sets
- Stranger Things; 747 Queue

Last edited:
I asked John what he thought about Lynch properties... he is a fan so take that what you will of TP theories.

But in all honesty, I don't see TP and ST in the same year. The environments are too similar (with the exception of TP being more aggressive in terms of the show's themes).

I asked John what he thought about Lynch properties... he is a fan so take that what you will of TP theories.

But in all honesty, I don't see TP and ST in the same year. The environments are too similar (with the exception of TP being more aggressive in terms of the show's themes).

Agreed. Twin Peaks probably won’t come next year, but I remember someone a while back saying Twin Peaks is coming eventually. I think Stranger Things will come next year so that they can cash in on the cultural success of the show, and TP will come in 2019.

I would bet money on The Conjuring (despite the fact that I am still not convinced it was the lawsuit), Halloween and then AHS (my guess is we get a solo season maze again) being a part of 18, but the rest I would not.

I think of the the rest Trick R Treat has the strongest chance.

^ I agree my speculation has been reworked to this

- Horrors of Blumhouse Vol. 2 / Halloween
- Conjuring I/II
- Stranger Things
- AHS: Asylum + Cult as a Scarezone

Possible:
- The Thing
- Trick 'r Treat

Not to be rude, but I'm wondering why people think IT won't be coming? It seems like the perfect time for it to come, and WB has worked with Uni in the past.

Twin Peaks... I guess the logic was that since the Revival was this year, it would make sense for it to come next year. But I guess I can see why it won't come. Oh well.