Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

And to think that's not taking into account the scarezones, especially with Universal Blvd having ASS complete. It's going to be fascinating on the beauty level next year for just that alone.

With Purge most likely coming back as a SZ for next year and the chances of AHS Cult being a SZ I wonder which one will get the Upper Lot treatment.

So with that I’m guessing:

The Purge - Upper Lot
AHS Cult - Backlot Gauntlet
Original - Universal Blvd
Original - Backlot Tunnel

With Purge most likely coming back as a SZ for next year and the chances of AHS Cult being a SZ I wonder which one will get the Upper Lot treatment.

So with that I’m guessing:

The Purge - Upper Lot
AHS Cult - Backlot Gauntlet
Original - Universal Blvd
Original - Backlot Tunnel
Please no. Purge has overstayed it’s welcome. Do something else. We’ve had the Purge at the event in some way five times now. It’s. Time. To. STOP.

Please no. Purge has overstayed it’s welcome. Do something else. We’ve had the Purge at the event in some way five times now. It’s. Time. To. STOP.

I suspect it will come, purely due to The Island being released next year; and more due to how it makes sense on a synergy level, especially with how it'll most likely come to digital.

If Halloween is apart of a Blumhouse like maze, that can easily fit in with Halloween, to ensure that they don't spoil as much of the new Halloween film, and possibly using the French Street as the gauntlet finale, similar to back in 2015.

I agree but for whatever reason Hollywood seems to always cross promote between The Purge films and an accompanying scarezone. It happened in 2013, 2014, & in 2016 so it’s probably gonna happen next year

And about Blumhouse, there’s really not to much to utilize from their other properties if they bring it back unless they do smaller rooms. If Blumhouse came back I could see Purge Gauntlet, Halloween, Oculus?, maybe Truth or Dare?,& Insidious 4. please god do not let that house exist because that would be awful

Something tells me that they'll approach Blumhouses' Halloween in a similar fashion like they did with Insidious 4, that being a mashup house. 3 maybe 4 Halloween films (including the new film).

Something tells me that they'll approach Blumhouses' Halloween in a similar fashion like they did with Insidious 4, that being a mashup house. 3 maybe 4 Halloween films (including the new film).

I could see that, especially if they’re gonna put the house in JP. I’m guessing it’ll be the Meyers house as the facade and would go from the original Halloween into the 2018 one, since the 2018 one is a direct sequel to the original

I could see that, especially if they’re gonna put the house in JP. I’m guessing it’ll be the Meyers house as the facade and would go from the original Halloween into the 2018 one, since the 2018 one is a direct sequel to the original
I forgot about the timeline being axed to only those two films. It'd still make a lot of sense though, reminds me of 2016's Halloween 2 where the beginning was the ending of Halloween. The amount of content the new film's parts will have could possibly depend on the release of the film. It still doesn't have a set release date other than October 2018 right?

I forgot about the timeline being axed to only those two films. It'd still make a lot of sense though, reminds me of 2016's Halloween 2 where the beginning was the ending of Halloween. The amount of content the new film's parts will have could possibly depend on the release of the film. It still doesn't have a set release date other than October 2018 right?

I think it’s October 18th, but I might be wrong. Halloween seems like a hard film to give away too many plot lines though, since most of it will be Micheal Myers actors “stabbing” dummies and maybe a few Jamie Lee Curtis’. I’d imagine the finale would be original so that they don’t reveal the ending of the film, as they did with The Thing in 2011 and sorta Insidious last year

Edit: Halloween 2018’s release date is October 19th, 2018

There is something about IT that just doesn't make sense. Why base a maze on the 1990's miniseries or the Book? WB has the rights to every aspect of IT and even doing a maze based on just the 1990's series would entitle getting permission from them. If they are willing to give the rights to IT why make a condition that it be based on the 1990's version?

It is possible that WB doesn't have an exclusive license though that seems unlikely.

Is anyone considering that with all the leaks last year that the disinformation campaign is beginning? I don't doubt the sources that the people here have but after The Conjuring got scrapped we were sure of it being replaced with everything from a Leatherface only maze, a Child's Play maze and a few others.

There is something about IT that just doesn't make sense. Why base a maze on the 1990's miniseries or the Book? WB has the rights to every aspect of IT and even doing a maze based on just the 1990's series would entitle getting permission from them. If they are willing to give the rights to IT why make a condition that it be based on the 1990's version?

It is possible that WB doesn't have an exclusive license though that seems unlikely.

Is anyone considering that with all the leaks last year that the disinformation campaign is beginning? I don't doubt the sources that the people here have but after The Conjuring got scrapped we were sure of everything from it being replaced with everything from a Leatherface only maze, a Child's Play maze and a few others.

I'm gonna agree with you there. Honestly, it just seems like we're reading too much into things. Didn't Ifrit also tweet out a list of monsters from the book, including monsters that weren't in the mini-series? The leeches, Paul Bunyan... I mean, he could just be referencing the book/mini-series without necessarily hinting at either being the target for adaptation.

I'm gonna agree with you there. Honestly, it just seems like we're reading too much into things. Didn't Ifrit also tweet out a list of monsters from the book, including monsters that weren't in the mini-series? The leeches, Paul Bunyan... I mean, he could just be referencing the book/mini-series without necessarily hinting at either being the target for adaptation.

Yeah I agree; I’m think he might just be saying that in general IT is going to be at HHN in one form or another. Also, it sounds like Orlando may or may not be getting Trick r Treat so that might be an exclusive for us.

I don't understand why you guys are giving Ifrit any real credence at all.

One thing I just thought of, basing it on the miniseries does give them access to the story as a whole and not just the first part that the movie dealt with. I could see WB allowing it at HHN with the condition that it doesn't spoil the ending of their movie and Murdy and Co. wanted to do the whole story.

I don't understand why you guys are giving Ifrit any real credence at all.

I only listen to Ifrit since he gives stuff to speculate on in these off times of HHN; sometimes he can be really aggravating with his hints but it just gives insight and inside info

What if the hints regarding stuff happening in the novel of IT may be hinting at the 2017 version, as that version was a Hell of a lot closer to the book than the mini-series (I know that's a stretch, but it's still 2017 so anything is possible in that regard).

The trailer for Slender Man came today. Seems like it has maze potential, but I don't know if they would've risked a spot on that IP.

The trailer for Slender Man came today. Seems like it has maze potential, but I don't know if they would've risked a spot on that IP.

No way they’ll do Slender Man. Extreme side note but with the speculation of TrT I looked up a TrT Maze and a group of people named Murder House Productions did it for a home haunt and it has EXTREME HHN potential. Also, if Murdy gives code names this year it should be easier than previous years since all we’d need to do is trace the code name to the property