Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Trick 'r Treat HAS to come. Outrage by fans if it doesnt, believe me.

Yeah agreed. It’s sorta like how AHS used to be to where it’s a property that’s rumored every year but eventually HAS to pull through. If it ends up as an Orlando exclusive everybody would be so pissed

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
I'm sorry, but if NOES is coming to HHN this year, it wouldn't just feel like overkill; it feels oddly incomplete. Perhaps it's because Freddy and Jason have always been together at our event, and believe me I'm not saying I hope they bring F13 this year also, because I'm just tired of the Titans of Terror in general. I'm not at all happy about Halloween possibly being at this year's event either, so the fact NOES may be coming this year feels annoying and randomly shoehorned into the lineup.

Reactions: horrornights789
I'm sorry, but if NOES is coming to HHN this year, it wouldn't just feel like overkill; it feels oddly incomplete. Perhaps it's because Freddy and Jason have always been together at our event, and believe me I'm not saying I hope they bring F13 this year also, because I'm just tired of the Titans of Terror in general. I'm not at all happy about Halloween possibly being at this year's event either, so the fact NOES may be coming this year feels annoying and randomly shoehorned into the lineup.

Yeah I was hoping this year would be a Titans-free year. Honestly I’d rather a Freddy or Jason house(mostly Jason) over Leatherface so I’m fine with this; but I hope that they don’t cut out the explicit words in Freddy’s one liners since they feel really incomplete without them

... I hope that they don’t cut out the explicit words in Freddy’s one liners since they feel really incomplete without them

What? c'mon, TiTE totally had the B-word. Remember when they said "Welcome to heaven mother-*Bleep*-ers?"

regardless, Freddy as a comedy house is something I think should be explored, if this is really the last year they can ever do him. Hell, it has potential. Wicked Witch and comic book superhero Freddy? Sign me up! Why don't we get a crossover house with him and Chucky while we're at it?

Last edited:
Double post, but Insidious: Last Key just made an insane $29M on Opening Weekend, higher than Star Wars this weekend. It's beaten Happy Death Day and Insidious: Chapter 3, and is now the 3rd highest opening for horror movies in January ever.

Guess 2017 is 2 for 3 in terms of promotion houses. Arguably 3 for 3, actually; Jigsaw, despite a soft opening weekend, managed to linger on and make $100M at the world-wide box office. Maybe a slight disappointment, but far higher than it had any right to be after the low OW.

Double post, but Insidious: Last Key just made an insane $29M on Opening Weekend, higher than Star Wars this weekend. It's beaten Happy Death Day and Insidious: Chapter 3, and is now the 3rd highest opening for horror movies in January ever.

Guess 2017 is 2 for 3 in terms of promotion houses. Arguably 3 for 3, actually; Jigsaw, despite a soft opening weekend, managed to linger on and make $100M at the world-wide box office. Maybe a slight disappointment, but far higher than it had any right to be after the low OW.

That’s really impressive considering the low track record of preview houses being successes pre 2017, guess that means Halloween 2018 is a for sure house. Really happy for Insidious though since the movie was very good

I loved the movie (last key) and really do not understand all the hate I would change some things but overall it was good

As sick as I am if Freddy, I would oddly enough not mind him coming in place of Halloween....IF it’s based on Dream Warriors. That would allow it to be different enough from FVJ and ToT. Even with the new movie, I can’t imagine there being much more to work with.

I just realized that judging by 2018’s speculated lineup, 2019 will be a year of possible repeats. By that, I mean that Stranger Things 3, IT Chapter 2, and The Conjuring 3 all come out in 2019 and if they were to come in 2018 they would most likely be repeated when they’re sequels are released. Idk it’s much too early to speculate 2019 but I just Food for thought. Also, did anyone else see The Strangers 2 trailer? It looks like it could make for a decent maze section but I don’t see it coming

I just realized that judging by 2018’s speculated lineup, 2019 will be a year of possible repeats. By that, I mean that Stranger Things 3, IT Chapter 2, and The Conjuring 3 all come out in 2019 and if they were to come in 2018 they would most likely be repeated when they’re sequels are released. Idk it’s much too early to speculate 2019 but I just Food for thought. Also, did anyone else see The Strangers 2 trailer? It looks like it could make for a decent maze section but I don’t see it coming
I see it working as a house...It had some moments that could be scares: The Upside Down, things popping out of the wall, the Demigorgon, the demidogs, etc..

It certainly wont be "terrifying", but I don't think it is meant to be

It's far beyond too early of talking about 2019, especially when we are about 9 months from the event coming back for Orlando and Hollywood for the 2018 season.

As sick as I am if Freddy, I would oddly enough not mind him coming in place of Halloween....IF it’s based on Dream Warriors. That would allow it to be different enough from FVJ and ToT. Even with the new movie, I can’t imagine there being much more to work with.

In a strange sense, what would DW bring to the table that would make it different enough from the past few times Freddy has been in a maze by himself (Excluding the 2010 house and the 2007/2008 houses)?

In a strange sense, what would DW bring to the table that would make it different enough from the past few times Freddy has been in a maze by himself (Excluding the 2010 house and the 2007/2008 houses)?

Nothing really; Dream Warriors is just one of the better entries. I hope that this potential NoES house would include more cues from ToT than FvJ; ToT was a better section and seemed to feature a more original take on Freddy.

I see it working as a house...It had some moments that could be scares: The Upside Down, things popping out of the wall, the Demigorgon, the demidogs, etc..

It certainly wont be "terrifying", but I don't think it is meant to be

Stranger Things is gonna be a great maze; I was referring to the movie “The Strangers”(the one with the 3 home invaders). Speaking of Stranger Things, I’m curious about how they’re gonna pull off the Shadow Monster? They could always use screens but it seems like it could make for a pretty good scare scene

Nothing really; Dream Warriors is just one of the better entries. I hope that this potential NoES house would include more cues from ToT than FvJ; ToT was a better section and seemed to feature a more original take on Freddy.

Stranger Things is gonna be a great maze; I was referring to the movie “The Strangers”(the one with the 3 home invaders). Speaking of Stranger Things, I’m curious about how they’re gonna pull off the Shadow Monster? They could always use screens but it seems like it could make for a pretty good scare scene

By Shadow Monster, you mean The Mind Flayer?

Honestly, if TMF is used, I fully expect that he'll be just a screen, and won't be a puppet.

The Demogorgon however, I expect that to be a puppet or something similar to the full-body Xenomorph suit from AvP.

By Shadow Monster, you mean The Mind Flayer?

Honestly, if TMF is used, I fully expect that he'll be just a screen, and won't be a puppet.

The Demogorgon however, I expect that to be a puppet or something similar to the full-body Xenomorph suit from AvP.

Honestly Stranger Things is probably gonna be exactly like AvP in terms of scares; Demogorgan is probably gonna be physical actors and the Demodogs are probably gonna be puppets. I hope they can get SS747 for ST because the 747 Tent might restrict the amount of material they can use

Honestly Stranger Things is probably gonna be exactly like AvP in terms of scares; Demogorgan is probably gonna be physical actors and the Demodogs are probably gonna be puppets. I hope they can get SS747 for ST because the 747 Tent might restrict the amount of material they can use

With how Universal wants to complete the Park Lake soundstages by the end of the year, I would think S747 in general is out of the cards, and that it'll just use the parking lot.

Edit: I am curious to know of what will be the outcome of the updates over there for this year, because it is going to welcome productions now on that side of the studio, more-so than before; and while soundproofing those damned soundstages should be the case, that does not mean it still will lead to problems for HHN going forward at that location.

With how Universal wants to complete the Park Lake soundstages by the end of the year, I would think S747 in general is out of the cards, and that it'll just use the parking lot.

Oh well, still better than them cramping it in The Mummy queue(I’m still amazed at how long The Shining felt in that venue). I’m surprised John hasn’t given code names for our 2 completed mazes, as he already confirmed the location for the 3rd maze

Oh well, still better than them cramping it in The Mummy queue(I’m still amazed at how long The Shining felt in that venue). I’m surprised John hasn’t given code names for our 2 completed mazes, as he already confirmed the location for the 3rd maze

Who's to say he already is giving some pretty strong hints towards at-least a few already? Honestly, out of anything; I think looking at codenames will lead to getting no-where. And that in a sense, we should be looking more in-depth to what he primarily tweets, as opposed to just analyzing a code-name he drops.

Who's to say he already is giving some pretty strong hints towards at-least a few already? Honestly, out of anything; I think looking at codenames will lead to getting no-where. And that in a sense, we should be looking more in-depth to what he primarily tweets, as opposed to just analyzing a code-name he drops.

True; the major thing I noticed a while back was when someone on Twitter asked him if he would do Conjuring since the lawsuits up and he said “that wasn’t the reason”. Makes me worried we won’t get it next year; he also sounds like he’s very sold on a ST and IT maze

Gonna go out on a guess here - got a feeling no code names will be given this year. Just a gut feeling.

I would go as far as to say Stranger Things will have a very strong vibe of AVP (scares and sets) and AWiL (scares as well). Walking through the woods and through Will’s house is going to give off a strong AVP vibe with those Demigorgan puppets in there.

As much as I would want a sound stage, I don’t think the quality would be affected if we got it or not. AVP would’ve absolutely been hindered by it from the size of the build up with the crashed Spaceship and the end with the queen. ST doesn’t really require massive sets like AVP did so I think it will do just fine in a tent. Even if they had to, I would argue they would’ve made it work somehow. Just look at AHS ‘16. That was supposed to be for 747 but it turned out just fine in a tent.

Random fact: those Xenomorph puppets are still in storage. John Budget-man Murdy will likely reskin those to Demis if we get ST. I would imagine he probably still has those AWiL puppets in storage as well.
Gonna go out on a guess here - got a feeling no code names will be given this year. Just a gut feeling.
Eh, doesn’t matter. We have most of this year figured out anyway. ;)