Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I wonder if they'll include The Man Who Laughs or the original Hunchback of Notre Dame in there? It'd be a cool little easter egg and The Man Who Laughs looks creepy

homepage_EB20040118REVIEWS0840802005AR.jpg

I wonder if they'll include The Man Who Laughs or the original Hunchback of Notre Dame in there? It'd be a cool little easter egg and The Man Who Laughs looks creepy

A few nods to other Monsters would be good; I hope the monsters are only 1-2 scenes though, so that way they can fit more movies into the maze

Would this CM maze most likely be in the FDTD location if AHS Cult is chosen and perhaps moved to a different location? I feel like the gothic architecture of this maze would require a larger space that a lot of the other locations would not be able to do it justice.

Would this CM maze most likely be in the FDTD location if AHS Cult is chosen and perhaps moved to a different location? I feel like the gothic architecture of this maze would require a larger space that a lot of the other locations would not be able to do it justice.
I would think Parisian Courtyard would work. It's proven to be a large venue for mazes. And it work fine there. Would work fine with the it being a Courtyard and being somewhat gothic and if they wanted to reuse the Theater Facade. But I believe they would do something with a Graveyard setting.

If AHS Cult was coming it would work in FDTD just fine. Because if they move it people are gonna confused about where AHS is since it was in the same location for 2 years (Although it happened with TWD in 2015 *Moved from Metro Sets to New Area*). It has the same amount of content as Roanoke if not more. So it's fine.

If the CM house is coming, I would imagine this is our lineup of the monsters to be featured..

Phantom of The Opera (1925)
Dracula
Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein
Wolfman
Creature from The Black Lagoon

All of them, have a huge part in the history of Universal's classic monsters, and will be easy to show with ease. And for the case of Phantom, he was the first monster that Universal had for the Classic Monsters. Out of anything, he is the one to deserve the spotlight first, especially due to Universal's horror past.
Having all the Universal Monsters would make sense and doing something very similar along the lines of Titans of Terror would work well. And for Phantom that just wouldn't work. Due to Murdy I expect Frankenstein to be given a HUGE spotlight because Murdy tweets out about why he loves Frankenstein each week pretty much.

Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein
Dracula
The Wolfman
The Mummy
The Invisible Man
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Phantom of the Opera.

Would make more sense to represent all of the Monsters than just most of them and to have one that isn't the most popular of them to have the spotlight. Frankenstein is extremely popular.

I would think Parisian Courtyard would work. It's proven to be a large venue for mazes. And it work fine there. Would work fine with the it being a Courtyard and being somewhat gothic and if they wanted to reuse the Theater Facade. But I believe they would do something with a Graveyard setting.

I was also thinking about Parisian Courtyard as the other spot. I just hope that they don't reuse too many sets from the House of Horrors; at least make it feel different as a maze, cause otherwise it would feel like two permanent haunts at the event: HoH 2.0 and The Walking Dead.

Double Post (Sorry): What was the reason we threw out the possibility of The Strangers 2 coming this year? I know there was some uncertainty because of the smiley face in the promos and the smiley faces in AHS Cult, which now seems to be coming this year, but I really doubt that's a knockout reason to not bring The Strangers.

Double Post (Sorry): What was the reason we threw out the possibility of The Strangers 2 coming this year? I know there was some uncertainty because of the smiley face in the promos and the smiley faces in AHS Cult, which now seems to be coming this year, but I really doubt that's a knockout reason to not bring The Strangers.

The rights changed hands, I think. I don't think it's a very "top priority" IP to go after, so it just seems likely that they won't come.

What kind of scare zones do you guys want to see this year

All original, possibly in Baker street as well since RIP took over French Street. This time we get back the fire tower since Dreamworks theater and the new store should be open by then. However, worst case scenario, we get an all "new" giant Purge scare zone for the new movie and tv series coming out whenever.

All original, possibly in Baker street as well since RIP took over French Street. This time we get back the fire tower since Dreamworks theater and the new store should be open by then. However, worst case scenario, we get an all "new" giant Purge scare zone for the new movie and tv series coming out whenever.

You kidding me? The Purge is basically an unstoppable franchise now. Each movie grows in popularity, it's insane. Scare-zone guaranteed, it's just a matter of where

You kidding me? The Purge is basically an unstoppable franchise now. Each movie grows in popularity, it's insane. Scare-zone guaranteed, it's just a matter of where

At this point I want to purge The Purge out of my HHN memories. That siren, along with Tiptoe through the Tulips and the walking dead theme are like nails on a chalkboard.

Basically, hopefully next year though?

The Purge is coming to the event in one form or another; it has been since 2013 and the GP seems to like so it’s probably gonna stay for a good time.

The general public would say, “Why is the Joker in this maze?” I can already hear the patrons going, “Why so serious?” or “I love you Jared Leto!”

:bang::bang::bang:GIVE ME A BREAK. The Conjuring has become the fickle prom date that can’t decide who she likes.

Look on the bright side: at least this opens up room for an awesome original conce- oh, who am I kidding he’ll just bring back Insidious for the fourth time or do Blumhouse 2.0. Besides, even if it was original, Murdy would make a super generic concept that would be in 3D.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few months we don't end up getting Trick 'r Treat, IT, and/or Stranger Things. As of now, a UCM maze would be my most hyped maze.

Just a quick thought, but if Universal wanted to couldn’t they count a Gauntlet as a “maze” just to say they have a 9th maze? Idk why but I feel like this years Gauntlet may be The Strangers(ik they don’t own the rights to it but IIRC they might be distributing it, correct me if I’m wrong) or The Purge(definitely coming as a house or zone) just for the promotions of both

Just a quick thought, but if Universal wanted to couldn’t they count a Gauntlet as a “maze” just to say they have a 9th maze? Idk why but I feel like this years Gauntlet may be The Strangers(ik they don’t own the rights to it but IIRC they might be distributing it, correct me if I’m wrong) or The Purge(definitely coming as a house or zone) just for the promotions of both

The only one that would make sense, is The Purge.

Strangers is coming out in March, and it's Digital/Retail release shouldn't be too far from that. Its also not being released by Universal, and is being released by a third party, so why use an external IP that will not be relevant at the event when you can use an IP that's video release shouldn't be that much away from the events timeline? Not to mention, Universals relationship between Blumhouse..