Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be Halloween 2018 with a sneak peak of Halloween kills kinda like saw having the one trap from jigsaw?

Assuming we do get an event this year, the facade doesn't really fit any location in 18, either. Logically, that maze would start in the gas station or maaaaaaaybe Smith's Grove, but that isn't a gas station and Smith's Grove was shot in these two locations, neither of which fit. It doesn't really fit Smith's Grove Sanitarium from the Rob Zombie movies either, it's missing the projected ledge under the second-story windows. The only known shooting location from H:K is the CFCC Burns Building in Wilmington, which was turned into the Haddonfield Memorial Hospital. Doesn't really fit that either, the facade looks too different and it's missing the garage.

Assuming we do get an event this year, the facade doesn't really fit any location in 18, either. Logically, that maze would start in the gas station or maaaaaaaybe Smith's Grove, but that isn't a gas station and Smith's Grove was shot in these two locations, neither of which fit. It doesn't really fit Smith's Grove Sanitarium from the Rob Zombie movies either, it's missing the projected ledge under the second-story windows. The only known shooting location from H:K is the CFCC Burns Building in Wilmington, which was turned into the Haddonfield Memorial Hospital. Doesn't really fit that either, the facade looks too different and it's missing the garage.
Oh man if y’all somehow did get halloween kills I would book a flight immediately! Here’s hoping maybe next year we could see it!

Yup. Even if the event miraculously doesn't gets cancelled, it's better safe than sorry. Also, it probably means double the payday. Paid for the work now and maybe for the rights usage later if they use it next year (if that's how it works, unless Uni owns the exclusive rights, but I doubt it since Figure owned his own stuff he made).

All things considered, that's the best way to look at it. All the work that has been done this year has already been paid for, including a lot of the stuff in the future. The only thing that hasn't been paid for is the actual staff to make things run. I can't imagine Uni will throw everything away, so anything that doesn't get used this year, will most likely be used next year. As for the rights to properties, that might be tricky, but I ASSUME there is insurance for this kind of thing and exceptions in the event of cancellation. Unless it's a very prickly property, at the least, any maze that is already built will probably be repurposed (think Scream at HHNO turning into Purge).

Will they let the mazes sit dormant until Sept 2021? I'm not an expert on the subject, but these things aren't built to last all year round and through constant weather. Knotts often lets some of their mazes sit around, so I do think it's possible HHN can too. Maybe they'll be more proactive to store them in a location to keep them more safe though.

Yup. Even if the event miraculously doesn't gets cancelled, it's better safe than sorry. Also, it probably means double the payday. Paid for the work now and maybe for the rights usage later if they use it next year (if that's how it works, unless Uni owns the exclusive rights, but I doubt it since Figure owned his own stuff he made).

All things considered, that's the best way to look at it. All the work that has been done this year has already been paid for, including a lot of the stuff in the future. The only thing that hasn't been paid for is the actual staff to make things run. I can't imagine Uni will throw everything away, so anything that doesn't get used this year, will most likely be used next year. As for the rights to properties, that might be tricky, but I ASSUME there is insurance for this kind of thing and exceptions in the event of cancellation. Unless it's a very prickly property, at the least, any maze that is already built will probably be repurposed (think Scream at HHNO turning into Purge).

Will they let the mazes sit dormant until Sept 2021? I'm not an expert on the subject, but these things aren't built to last all year round and through constant weather. Knotts often lets some of their mazes sit around, so I do think it's possible HHN can too. Maybe they'll be more proactive to store them in a location to keep them more safe though.

In the case of mazes located in venues like Waterworld and Mummy--they'd remove the mazes regardless as they would need it. And the two metro set mazes would need to be removed, so they can use that space for parking and storing for film/television productions.

I would also assume--they'd have to go in and renegotiate when it comes down to certain IP's, especially on the basis of the original intention of both being shared in the same year. That would mean there'd be high probabilitys that Beetlejuice, Texas 3D, and Hill House, could not even appear in Hollywood's future (if there even is one). Ellish, could, come back into the picture--as her music is handled with Interscope, which is under the parent company of Universal Music Group. Universal Monsters, outside of negotiating on the use of Slash's music, I would say is perfectly fine in the conceptual and artwork of the maze.

I've been thinking that for a while. If this year is a no-go (which I think it is), save as much as possible for next year. I'd suspect most of the rights would still be retainable under these highly unusual circumstances with a little negotiation. Even if they're not, just retweek it to be an original property.

And if it means they'd save all the time and development money, they'll find a place to store it.

Nothing was announced, so anything they'd put up next year will still be a surprise and new.

I've been thinking that for a while. If this year is a no-go (which I think it is), save as much as possible for next year. I'd suspect most of the rights would still be retainable under these highly unusual circumstances with a little negotiation. Even if they're not, just retweek it to be an original property.

And if it means they'd save all the time and development money, they'll find a place to store it.

Nothing was announced, so anything they'd put up next year will still be a surprise and new.

That is my thinking as well. I would imagine since this year is so unprecedented, contracts and usage rights could be renegotiated. Scrap it, store it and save it for 2021.

Maybe they can at least do some cool Halloween decorations if the parks open in the Fall...

Maybe Halloween versions of some rides? Doesn't Secret Life of Pets end with a costume party?

I'm sure they'll try to offer something w/o mazes/scare zones, considering how big a money maker Halloween is for USH. Unless Universal thinks parks won't be opening in the fall.

Speculation aside, HHN is officially off folks. However, I am hearing good news in regards to IPs and that they may stick around next year.

Let's be clear, it is not officially off until Universal makes an announcement. However, the evidence and continued California regulatory rollbacks all point to the event's imminent cancellation. I think we should make peace with that.

Let's be clear, it is not officially off until Universal makes an announcement. However, the evidence and continued California regulatory rollbacks all point to the event's imminent cancellation. I think we should make peace with that.
This is true, also we should see more obvious indicators as soon as today if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.