Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pssst...

Orlando figured out a shared house...

@JJ591’s guess of Bride of Frankenstein it seems

So that means Hollywood’s updated rumor list is:

- The Conjuring(seems to be on the way out)
- Resident Evil
- Cabin in the Woods
- Bride of Frankenstein
- Billie Eilish

I wanna add Candyman but we haven’t gotten an official clue for that one yet.

Reactions: chris.g
@JJ591’s guess of Bride of Frankenstein it seems

So that means Hollywood’s updated rumor list is:

- The Conjuring(seems to be on the way out)
- Resident Evil
- Cabin in the Woods
- Bride of Frankenstein
- Billie Eilish

I wanna add Candyman but we haven’t gotten an official clue for that one yet.
Kinda cool for it only being February! When did rumors for The Conjuring start to lose steam?

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Would it be possible that our UCM would have a different story than Orlando’s like last year? The last time we saw the Bride she was charred and in pieces so it’s possible we could see an original spin on another classic monster film.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Would it be possible that our UCM would have a different story than Orlando’s like last year? The last time we saw the Bride she was charred and in pieces so it’s possible we could see an original spin on another classic monster film.
From my understanding, it’s a shared story.

Kinda cool for it only being February! When did rumors for The Conjuring start to lose steam?

My GUESS is they didn't feel the property could sell enough merch (especially if it was just going to be the Conjuring films proper and thus none of the spinoff characters who are the most marketable of the franchise), plus the potential controversy Phreeq brought up.

Yes.

You’re arguing semantics, and I also think you’re taking people too literally when they say “scary.” We can easily designate Stranger Things a “scary house” even if the majority of people don’t consider it scary. There are two reasons why: 1) Its relation to the horror cannon, which you acknowledge, and 2) The thematic/stylistic intent that I mentioned previously. Even if you personally don’t find something scary on a visceral level, a simple critical evaluation can still reveal the intent of the film/tv series/whatever, which allows you to make an objective assessment that it is at least intended to be scary. There is empirical evidence on an aesthetic level that indicates the work is scary.

That’s the clear and obvious difference between Stranger Things and Ghostbusters, or The Strangers and the The Munsters, or anything else. I understand certain titles make it difficult on occasion because of the way they mix horror with other genres (like comedy), but “subjectivity” doesn’t make this kind of evaluation impossible, like you make it out to be. It’s actually a pretty simple question to answer once you get past the pedantic idea that “anything” can be scary. Again, if “anything” is scary, that means nothing is scary. Or, inversely, it means everything is scary, which is equally as illogical.

Okay I am very sorry for derailing things, shutting up now. :X

I pee from jump scares. I go to mingle with environments and characters from enjoyable movies and tv. Scary is easy for me. I'm an easy sell. I'll just keep on over here eating my Klondike bar and jumping over some bad face mask coming out of a black hole in a wall.

Reactions: Andromeda
Chris mentioned that Murdy was working to bring one of the white whales to HHN and that IT wasn’t one of them.

The main ones we haven’t gotten are:

- Conjuring
- It
- Scream
- Hellraiser

These have come before but their rights are a mess or they haven’t been solo in a while:
- Debatably, Nightmare on Elm Street
- Debatably, Friday the 13th
- Alien
- AHS
- Halloween 2018 + Kills

From what @Chris Galindo said it’s not IT and @Brian G.just mentioned that Conjuring doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

Im just gonna guess potentially Scream. The rights seem to have cleared up and Funworld seems to be an easy partner(considering Dead by Daylight got the mask rights easily)

Chris mentioned that Murdy was working to bring one of the white whales to HHN and that IT wasn’t one of them.

- Conjuring
- It
- Scream
- Hellraiser

These have come before but their rights are a mess or they haven’t been solo in a while:
- Alien
- AHS
- Halloween 2018 + Kills

From what @Chris Galindo said it’s not IT and @Brian G.just mentioned that Conjuring doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

Im just gonna guess potentially Scream. The rights seem to have cleared up and Funworld seems to be an easy partner(considering Dead by Daylight got the mask rights easily)

Whoa... I wasn’t saying that either. Just saying if something doesn’t come to fruition, sometimes it’s because it was never planned to begin with.

Whoa... I wasn’t saying that either. Just saying if something doesn’t come to fruition, sometimes it’s because it was never planned to begin with.

Sorry I took that too literal. That IP is so annoying because it’s always rumored but never happens - same with The Thing

Reactions: Brian G.

- Conjuring
- It
- Scream
- Hellraiser

- Alien
- AHS
- Halloween 2018 + Kills

They would have to get permission from Disney to use Alien, and AHS same with a maze based off Ready or Not.

Scream is owned by Spyglass, which also owns Hellraiser. You think Murdy might try to score a two-for-one here?
Pardon me if I’m wrong but I thought scream and hellraiser was owned by miramax? Who also was the issues with why we can’t have Halloween 2018?

Pardon me if I’m wrong but I thought scream and hellraiser was owned by miramax? Who also was the issues with why we can’t have Halloween 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.