Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Blum Says Blumhouse Is Considering Making a Halloween Horror Nights Movie

Main point aside, something that caught my eye in this article... is a Blumhouse property coming? Jason seems to hint that there is no animosity between BH and Universal with the following quote...

"... it just made sense to ask if The Hunt could have a presence at Halloween Horror Nights 2020. Both were very enthusiastic about the idea with Blum even offering to hook Barinholtz up with the right folks over at HHN so that he could play a “scareactor” there this year."

Not saying The Hunt is coming, but scare actor roles that have featured celebrities are often from movies that they've starred in (ala Lupita in US last year and I believe some of the Stranger Things cast in Orlando).

Thoughts?

Main point aside, something that caught my eye in this article... is a Blumhouse property coming? Jason seems to hint that there is no animosity between BH and Universal with the following quote...

"... it just made sense to ask if The Hunt could have a presence at Halloween Horror Nights 2020. Both were very enthusiastic about the idea with Blum even offering to hook Barinholtz up with the right folks over at HHN so that he could play a “scareactor” there this year."

Not saying The Hunt is coming, but scare actor roles that have featured celebrities are often from movies that they've starred in (ala Lupita in US last year and I believe some of the Stranger Things cast in Orlando).

Thoughts?
I noticed this as well how ever I don’t think a movie that got pulled for being to controversial has a slight chance of coming this year.

Thoughts?
Surprised that theres no animosity with Blum and Universal, unless of course that just means theres animosity between Blum and Murdy, but I'm definitely ok with them returning to the event one way or another, if one had to come, I'd probably say Sinister is a safe bet, since as far as I'm aware they've exhausted most of the other movies with realistic maze potential.

Thoughts?
Some more context to the Quote.

I'm going to have to assume they are bringing a slasher back. From what I have heard people loved Jason, Leatherface, and Micheal Myers so Candyman is most likely a big option for Universal. I'm not 100% sure because Knott's Scary Farm is more of my thing. And freak, I have to 100% agree with you. The Billie Ellish maze wouldn't be scary at all, if anything HHN is trying to attract more people with name brands such as Stranger Things which was a hit in 2018.

I'm going to have to assume they are bringing a slasher back. From what I have heard people loved Jason, Leatherface, and Micheal Myers so Candyman is most likely a big option for Universal. I'm not 100% sure because Knott's Scary Farm is more of my thing. And freak, I have to 100% agree with you. The Billie Ellish maze wouldn't be scary at all, if anything HHN is trying to attract more people with name brands such as Stranger Things which was a hit in 2018.

I'm to the point of believing Candyman when I see it--Freak did mention that the timeframe may not align well (didn't stop them with Stranger Things 3 but a slightly different scenario nonetheless), and politics might be an issue.

I could see a "same room over and over" approach with Eilish. The music video for "Bury a Friend" reminded me of the 2004 Orlando commercial.

Eilish maze: Trippy scenes, some scenes from maybe a few videos or something and incoming black walls that's all I can see for this upcoming maze.

Anyways lol, seeing the potential of a Candyman house in Hollywood would be pretty cool, I could definitely see it being a shared IP and definitely don't see them trying to bring The Hunt at all, the movie got pulled before, the movie even though it looks sorta thriller-esque, it just doesn't fit the plans for a house, I'd rather stick with just bringing Candyman.

Personally, I don't believe billie eillish will have her own maze, but I do see her writing an original cover for a original maze. Possibily for a bride of Frankenstein maze or something along those lines:eek:O:

Personally, I don't believe billie eillish will have her own maze, but I do see her writing an original cover for a original maze. Possibily for a bride of Frankenstein maze or something along those lines:eek:O:
Why would they get rid of Slash for Billie Eilish?

I don't get the logic behind applying huge artists behind smaller originals. It may add more appeal/popularity to it but they don't nor have ever done it.

Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath are arguably more popular than Slash and Figure. As to why they got their own mazes. Metallica if it happened last year probably would have gotten it's own maze due to how popular it is. And Billie Eilish is arguably popular enough to have it's own maze instead of attaching it.

Adding onto Chris, you can edit your posts so that way you don't have to double-triple-quadruple post.

__

..On the anyhow, it seems like Candyman is debunked for Orlando, so keep that in mind..

On the anyhow, it seems like Candyman is debunked for Orlando, so keep that in mind..
Watching people grasp at straws in that thread is wild lol. I’m not all that invested in speculation this year, to be honest. I’m more in a “wait and see” kinda mood. Maybe it has to do with all the clues and rumors being so cryptic this year, idk. Hopefully Candyman can bounce back because I would love a maze based on the OG.

Status
Not open for further replies.