Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the ORL thread, we can add Hill House/Bly Manor to the speculation pile. Really hoping there’s some legs behind it because I think it’s the perfect property for HHN. It’s in my top five wishlist, for sure. Also, it seems like it could be the first maze announced, which would make sense since ST has occupied that spot in recent years. The Netflix partnership appears to be intact, just with a better property (IMO, at least) at the forefront. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

Per the ORL thread, we can add Hill House/Bly Manor to the speculation pile. Really hoping there’s some legs behind it because I think it’s the perfect property for HHN. It’s in my top five wishlist, for sure. Also, it seems like it could be the first maze announced, which would make sense since ST has occupied that spot in recent years. The Netflix partnership appears to be intact, just with a better property (IMO, at least) at the forefront. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.
But also Beetlejuice was mentioned to be a locked house for Orlando via the article here...
So I wouldn't be surprised if that and Hill House were part of the 3 headliners (Typically 3 each year 2017: AHS, Shining, Saw. 2018: ST, Polt, H4. 2019: ST, GB, Us)

Clue isn’t from an actual Episode of Phineas and Ferb it’s from the Season 3 episode “Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!”. It’s a classic clip show episode where they show “best of bets” from previous episodes but as a joke they throw in clips that never appeared in the show and this giant Perry gag is one of them. Thinking this is an allusion to the “eat me” cakes from Alice in wonderland? Maybe a maze based on like fairy tales/Nursery rhymes.
Edit:I think I remember legacy said that dates don’t matter with the clues but interesting coincidence. This clip show aired April 1st 2011. The same date the first Insidious released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I have a totally bonkers theory on this clue.. The episode was a clip show of past, existing episodes.. but that giant Perry clip was a new, random clip thrown in.. an ORIGINAL among established scenes.. Could this clue be hinting at an original/IP hybrid or better yet.. Orlando and Hollywood collaborating on an original for the first time?

Reactions: HydraGen2299
9052.jpg

Clue for Hollywood

I'll take a swing at this one:

* Statue of Zeus at Olympia
* Made by the Greek sculptor Phidias
* Phidias also shows up as a character in Assassin's Creed Odyssey video game
* Assassin's Creed film starred Michael Fassbender
* Michael Fassbender was the star of the Universal movie The Snowman
* Answer is either The Snowman IP or an original Snowman property (like Yeti was in Orlando or something else)

With all that’s going on right now, I think we better keep our expectations VERY low. With the Coronavirus halting everything, you can’t tell me there won’t be cuts for this year. That’s just the way it is so I would expect this year accordingly.

• Love
Reactions: chris.g
With all that’s going on right now, I think we better keep our expectations VERY low. With the Coronavirus halting everything, you can’t tell me there won’t be cuts for this year. That’s just the way it is so I would expect this year accordingly.
It's hard to say, I would assume that HHN had a set budget for the year, and the cuts that will result from this whole situation will be made elsewhere, but I'm no expert, so I can't say that for sure. Frankly I'd say the thing to be more concerned about would be severely delayed construction.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
It's hard to say, I would assume that HHN had a set budget for the year, and the cuts that will result from this whole situation will be made elsewhere...
LOL You’d be surprised how often HHN gets hyped for other things.
Hell don't be surprised if PROPERTIES are dropped because they're not in tune with marketing...
Sounds about right.

Reactions: chris.g
So you’re telling me Walking Dead, a zombie apocalypse IP, might not be open this year??!?! Noice!

..To comment for a second..I actually wonder if Universal may not want TWDA, or more post-apocalyptic IP's for their event. Considering how sensitive Hollywood is, and with COVID-19 affecting things, they may opt to just not have TWDA even show up for the event.

It's my two cents. But it's something that would make sense, considering USH's past track record in the years of sensitive topics.

HHN is definitely Uni Hollywood's punching bag for when things don't go as they expect.. But in light of what's going on, I'd be grateful for any form of HHN at the end of all this..

..And this is..an interesting topic to bring up too.

Unlike past scenarios, Murdy has commented that there is an uncharted water to what is happening right now for the tourism industry. And say, if Universal may need too..it may be possible that they cut HHN for just a year.

Disney's doing cuts to their entertainment program within their parks due to COVID-19, and it wouldn't be the first time that Hollywood for the HHN event goes dark due to things. Could it happen? Maybe? It's probably not, but it is something to think about.

We were already going to see cuts. Hopefully some shrewd creativity can help mask the budgetary deficits that will no doubt widen by build-time.
If Properties are dropped I wouldn't be surprised to see originals take their place... just a thought

And this is a huge reason why I like originals better than IPs. It’s easier to get creative with originals when faced with a smaller budget. I feel like a couple of my entries in the Orlando wishlist thread would be quite low-budget.

For the longest time, several of us have always wanted HHN to focus a bit more on originals than IPs. Maybe with the two originals doing so well last year and now all of this going on, this may be the push to finally get them to do more originals.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.