Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the budget cuts that are likely due to the pandemic closing the park for so long, I wouldn't be surprised if they reused entire old mazes this year. I rather have a good old maze back, than a really lame new maze that suffered from a ton of budget cuts.
Or just do more Original mazes/IP Originals that allow for creative use of reusing sets, props, and costumes.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Okay sowe’ve got:

- Gremlins

- Haunting Of Hill House

- Billie Eilish House

- Beetlejuice

- UCM: The Bride

- Creepshow 2

- Resident Evil 2 & 7

- Cabin In The Woods

According to Orlando, Conjuring may not be happening at all, neither will Candyman. So far not bad, just hoping some originals are thrown in.

Last edited:
Okay sowe’ve got:

- Gremlins

- Haunting Of Hill House

- Billie Eilish House

- Beetlejuice

- UCM: The Bride

- Creepshow 2

- Resident Evil 2 & 7

- Cabin In The Woods

According to Orlando, Conjuring may not be happening at all, neither will Candyman. So far not bad, just hoping some originals are thrown in.
Personally don't know if Cabin in the Woods and Resident Evil are happening.

Personally don't know if Cabin in the Woods and Resident Evil are happening.
I was wondering about those 2. I was also wondering where the originals were. If that’s the case, then those 2 slots must be for originals.

I was wondering about those 2. I was also wondering where the originals were. If that’s the case, then those 2 slots must be for originals.
I'm pretty confident on Hill House, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, The Bride, and Billie Eilish all very marketable and likely.

Creepshow I don't know. Resident Evil and Cabin in the Woods sound fake and don't sound like that they are happening. Pure speculation but again 2 originals makes sense.

And then Sabrina was mentioned to be coming from ModDesigner23 on the Orlando thread. So that makes sense.

To speak about it again..it honestly wouldn't be shocking, especially for Hollywood's to go dark. Even despite the Virus..Hollywood's event has had multiple periods in the past where they have outright stopped doing the event. Safety comes first, especially in a matter like this..

Reactions: chris.g
Hollywood's event has also been generally less profitable and important than Orlando.

I've got no info on whether or not things are changing, but obviously the situation is fluid.

ModDesigner said in the Orlando thread that Creepshow might be getting the boot. Which frees up a slot for an original on our side

Here's the thing: the rumor of the event going dark is just that: a RUMOR. While I am prepared for the worst and have some $$$ set aside to go to Orlando for HHN (I was going to go anyway just because it's 30), I seriously doubt they're gonna give up this easily on HHN despite all that's going on. While the situation is bad now, it's too early to make a decision for this year. Mayor Garcetti said recently that he doesn't expect the lockdown to end until May and construction doesn't start until mid-May anyway. By then, much of the virus should wind down. Even if we're still under the same procedures by that time, they can always push it to June. It would cut it kind of close, but it's doable.

Assuming we do still have our event this year, I would expect it to be 2017-calibur of quality. Lots of black walls and reused props and a lower house count. While that would suck, I would take this over no HHN. The best case scenario at this point would be a 2018-calibur HHN. Hopefully they'll get their stuff back together for '21. Again, I'm fully prepared for the worst case scenario, but with them still chugging away at SNW, I just don't see them easily giving up on HHN. Especially not this early.
Hollywood's event has also been generally less profitable and important than Orlando.

I've got no info on whether or not things are changing, but obviously the situation is fluid.
This is true, but it generates profit. Like I said earlier on this post, why easily throw in the towel on your most popular event?

But look at it this way: If the event does get canceled this year, maybe this will finally be the push to get your butts to Orlando's HHN. Save your pretty pennies now if you're able to and schedule at least one weekend to go this year. Just be warned that you will never look at ours the same again.

Reactions: GhostHost85
If HHN Hollywood does go dark again, then last year's event was a great way to end it's career, TBH..
You really think this would mean the end of HHN altogether? I mean, I guess idk, but I would assume they’d just take the year off. Some people even said maybe push it back to January?

I don’t think we can underestimate just how desperate people will be for these kinds of events once this thing is over. The theme parks will be packed as soon as the gates reopen. (Packed as much as they can, at least.) There will be a budget for this in the future.

Even in the years that HHN went dark, it eventually came back. Just not in the same format.

No-one is calling for this to be the "final" year of HHN, but if COVID-19 takes it's hits, I could see this being the year the event goes dark, and in doing so, the event in it's current format, dies.

Reactions: chris.g
Even in the years that HHN went dark, it eventually came back. Just not in the same format.

No-one is calling for this to be the "final" year of HHN, but if COVID-19 takes it's hits, I could see this being the year the event goes dark, and in doing so, the event in it's current format, dies.

Y'all are making me worried about our coast. :(

At least y'all will have KSF (hopefully).

I'll say this, there is a lot of optimism on the park's side that the event will happen, but a lot of realists and officials are just telling them to prepare otherwise.

Not only do they not work together, and not only are originals way outside of Murdy’s wheelhouse, but I also think that Orlando and Hollywood are just different events, period. Admittedly, I’ve never been to Orlando’s HHN (one day!!), but everything about it—the scale, the audience, the budget, the philosophy—just seems different than Hollywood. Not “better,” necessarily, just different. Originals are a better fit in Orlando for what I think are obvious reasons; they don’t always work in Hollywood, for what I also think are obvious reasons. That’s the entire crux of my argument here.

ill say it....
hhn orlando is a lot better lol :bolt:

Status
Not open for further replies.