Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can certainly see a timeline where it does need to get cancelled simply because they are running out of time.

Yes construction usually doesn't begin until June but what about effects being produced (or repurposed), masks being made, costumes etc. Even if they did a Greatest Hits year they would still need to produce a ton of masks and those shops are most likely closed as well.

Also I doubt it is as easy as saying "Yup we're good, get back to work" I can see it taking some time to get the operation up and running.

I can certainly see a timeline where it does need to get cancelled simply because they are running out of time.

Yes construction usually doesn't begin until June but what about effects being produced (or repurposed), masks being made, costumes etc. Even if they did a Greatest Hits year they would still need to produce a ton of masks and those shops are most likely closed as well.

Also I doubt it is as easy as saying "Yup we're good, get back to work" I can see it taking some time to get the operation up and running.

It's gonna be a race to the finish, to be sure. And last year was already a race to the finish.

I know this spec map is pertaining to orlando, but considering we mostly share properties with them and this thread is sort of bumming me out lately;
Looks like we potentially have Sabrina on the table for this year. If we share all these ips and still have a house count of 9 new mazes, i guess there's 3 on the table for us to find out whether they're original or ip exclusive.

I know this spec map is pertaining to orlando, but considering we mostly share properties with them and this thread is sort of bumming me out lately;
Looks like we potentially have Sabrina on the table for this year. If we share all these ips and still have a house count of 9 new mazes, i guess there's 3 on the table for us to find out whether they're original or ip exclusive.

Pure speculation but 2 Originals and then 1 Exclusive IP would round it all out.

Reactions: Guygas
Is it just me or is he usually not done designing them by now? Could just be the lack of a first announcement, or maybe a lack of losing maze rights, but this feels sooner than usual.
Based on tweets (Not counting Tram and Titans replacement treatment) they started in December 2016 and ended in Beginning of April 2017 with 7 maze treatments.

I'm assuming why they finished much earlier is possibly starting earlier than usual (November), having more time inside, properties that are harder to lose the rights to or just not losing the rights, etc.

For those of you scared the event might get canceled, like I said: there's no way they're going to allow themselves to cancel the park's biggest money-making event. If they absolutely have to, they can start mid-October and go throughout November if they have to. HHN isn't getting canceled.
calvin-and-hobbes-one1-e1486476223983.png

Reactions: MacMillian Crew

People in the Orlando thread are already calling these spec maps bogus, so who knows lol

They're saying there are some potentially viable rumors floating around that would render these maps mostly obsolete and inaccurate. Wonder if that has anything to do with Murdy's recent claim that he's done designing. Maybe the lineups are locked in, and the stuff that's starting to trickle out does not align with the speculation? Or maybe it just means Murdy/Hollywood is done, and Orlando has/will have a fairly different lineup and they're still trying to get all their ducks in a row. I think I'd go with the latter scenario, but obviously I have no clue.

People in the Orlando thread are already calling these spec maps bogus, so who knows lol

They're saying there are some potentially viable rumors floating around that would render these maps mostly obsolete and inaccurate. Wonder if that has anything to do with Murdy's recent claim that he's done designing. Maybe the lineups are locked in, and the stuff that's starting to trickle out does not align with the speculation? Or maybe it just means Murdy/Hollywood is done, and Orlando has/will have a fairly different lineup and they're still trying to get all their ducks in a row. I think I'd go with the latter scenario, but obviously I have no clue.
I don't see why we would have vastly different IPs since for the last 4 years every IP Orlando has, has been shared with Hollywood.

Well the whole thing isn’t bogus, but certain properties seem to be.

Based on stuff I’ve seen (here and like on Twitter), I’m getting a vibe that at least Sabrina may be a no-go.

I don't see why we would have vastly different IPs since for the last 4 years every IP Orlando has, has been shared with Hollywood.

True! So the spec maps have been dubbed inaccurate based on IPs only? Maybe I missed that part. My only point: the Hollywood lineup and the Orlando lineup will not mirror each other exactly. (And I never said they'd be "vastly" different.) It's possible that Hollywood could be (more or less) finished and Orlando is still figuring things out. Whether that pertains to IPs or originals, idk -- like I said, maybe I missed something?

Well the whole thing isn’t bogus, but certain properties seem to be.

Based on stuff I’ve seen (here and like on Twitter), I’m getting a vibe that at least Sabrina may be a no-go.
Sabrina seems the most far afield, but that's just my perception and like, idk, personal reaction haha. (Not a fan of the show at all.) The rest feel likelier. There's gotta be a surprise or two out there, as well.

True! So the spec maps have been dubbed inaccurate based on IPs only? Maybe I missed that part. My only point: the Hollywood lineup and the Orlando lineup will not mirror each other exactly. (And I never said they'd be "vastly" different.) It's possible that Hollywood could be (more or less) finished and Orlando is still figuring things out. Whether that pertains to IPs or originals, idk -- like I said, maybe I missed something?

Sabrina seems the most far afield, but that's just my perception and like, idk, personal reaction haha. (Not a fan of the show at all.) The rest feel likelier. There's gotta be a surprise or two out there, as well.
I expect at least 1-2 surprises as well, I can't think of the last time an early speculation map was 100% correct

I think the IPs are shared and locked but purely speculation wise I think it could just be not the right IPs were being said or are known. Typically all of the IPs in Orlando for mazes are shared with Hollywood since 2016 so I'd assume the same for this year but it's possible that one or 2 IPs on that list are just wrong. People were saying that certain IPs were wrong but it seems all of the IPs are locked so it could just be false info on what IPs are actually happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.