Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the IPs are shared and locked but purely speculation wise I think it could just be not the right IPs were being said or are known. Typically all of the IPs in Orlando for mazes are shared with Hollywood since 2016 so I'd assume the same for this year but it's possible that one or 2 IPs on that list are just wrong. People were saying that certain IPs were wrong but it seems all of the IPs are locked so it could just be false info on what IPs are actually happening.
Got it. I mean, it seems like spec has been different this year in general, so I could definitely see the first spec maps being "more wrong" than usual. If Murdy is claiming to be done, that would have to mean the IPs have been locked because, like you said, they will be the same on both coasts—unless Hollywood has an exclusive one, like Creepshow last year, but that doesn't necessarily matter here since we're talking about the ORL spec map.

Gremlins and The Bride are the only exciting things about that lineup. Beetlejuice might be good too. From that, I am expecting the year to be fairly tame in terms of gore. I loved Killer Klowns and liked Ghostbusters, and Gremlins and Beetlejuice will likely be similar in terms of being family friendly mazes that are well done. I am okay with family friendly mazes since a maze doesn't have to be scary to be good, it just needs to be well done and engaging. However, it would be nice to have some hardcore gory and intense mazes mixed in like Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers.

Unless there is no wait, I would skip the Billie Elish maze since it is about the least appealing maze they could have come up with.

I like Sabrina, but the show definitely skewed towards going much more in the teen friendly direction with the third season with the musical numbers and cringey drama.

None of these mazes sound like they will be very scary or intense, so hopefully we get some nice big budget effects, intricate sets, and lots of puppets to make up for that.

Gremlins and The Bride are the only exciting things about that lineup. Beetlejuice might be good too. From that, I am expecting the year to be fairly tame in terms of gore. I loved Killer Klowns and liked Ghostbusters, and Gremlins and Beetlejuice will likely be similar in terms of being family friendly mazes that are well done. I am okay with family friendly mazes since a maze doesn't have to be scary to be good, it just needs to be well done and engaging. However, it would be nice to have some hardcore gory and intense mazes mixed in like Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Blood Brothers.

Unless there is no wait, I would skip the Billie Elish maze since it is about the least appealing maze they could have come up with.

I like Sabrina, but the show definitely skewed towards going much more in the teen friendly direction with the third season with the musical numbers and cringey drama.

None of these mazes sound like they will be very scary or intense, so hopefully we get some nice big budget effects, intricate sets, and lots of puppets to make up for that.

To be fair, we don't know what the Jordan Peele original is, so that might be the gory and intense maze.. All Hallow's Evil was a pretty dark and grim scarezone last year so I don't see the maze veering from that tone..

Jordan Peele original has me extremely intrigued!

An interesting first pass at speculation, for sure. Feeling like some of it will change, like it did last year. Hoping that Hill House holds true, would be among my most anticipated if it pans out.

I think the potential lineup this year is really solid, sure its not they aren't most exciting properties out there, but theres a lot of creative ones in here that have me intrigued and excited.

I know a lot of people aren't very excited for the eillish maze but her style lends itself really well to horror so im interested to see how creative they can get with this one. Beetlejuice and Gremlins aren't very scary ips, but seeing burton's style come to life in an HHN maze would be so cool, and in my mind gremlins kind of gives me krampus vibes so it'll probably a fun holiday-ish maze that isn't very scary but is a blast to go through. Jordan Peele original is a big YES from me, so i hope thats not just speculation and all hallows evil was the best scarzone last year IMO so i would love to see it come back in maze form. UCM have been some of the most solid mazes the past few years so duh, bring it back. I just started sabrina a few days ago and i think the atmosphere and creature designs of that show lend themselves overwhelmingly to a HHN maze so i wouldn't be mad if it ended up on the list for this year. Overall solid lineup and if it ends up being true i actually wouldn't mind all that much; the lineup is much more appealing to me then having it populated with blumhouse 3 and the purge movies so.

Really stupid question but as someone who’s terrified of this stuff but really wants to go, no mazes though. Is it scary? And is Harry Potter opened at all?

I’m obviously not gonna act like that’s 100% gonna be the lineup we end up getting, but assuming most of that ends up happening, I’m not super excited. While there’s nothing that I’m not looking forward to, the only things I’m excited for is Eilish, the Bride, and Peele. None of this matters though cause the only thing that counts in the end is execution.

To be fair, we don't know what the Jordan Peele original is, so that might be the gory and intense maze.. All Hallow's Evil was a pretty dark and grim scarezone last year so I don't see the maze veering from that tone..

Peele's movies aren't very gory, so I wouldn't expect his maze to be either. It might still end up as a great maze. All Hallow's Eve will likely be the most intense of all the mazes on the speculation map.

Really stupid question but as someone who’s terrified of this stuff but really wants to go, no mazes though. Is it scary? And is Harry Potter opened at all?

As someone who has taken a number of haunt “first-timers” throughout the years to HHN, they’ve all enjoyed themselves despite their initial fears because they were open to the experience as a whole. Just my opinion, but if you’re that terrified of it and have already decided you don’t want to do the mazes, you’re just gonna be wasting your money. You might as well just go during the day so you can do everything in the park, Wizarding World included.

(My advice if you still go anyway: Be open to it! Nothing will hurt you, and if you allow yourself to just do a few mazes, even if you need to sit down and take a break once in a while, you might just find you’ll have a lot of fun.)

Jordan Peele original is a huge YES from me!

Also, this is the first year in a while where the house count is actually DECREASING. Hallelujah. That should mean great things for the budget, especially considering creature heavy mazes like Sabrina, Beetlejuice and Gremlins being rumored this year.

Us was my favorite maze of last year (and is my favorite maze of HHN period), as it just felt perfect.

Give me a original with Jordan Peele and Monkeypaw having just as much of a say in what happens for the maze, and I would be over the frigging moon.

I've wanted a Haunting of Hill House maze since the show premiered. I would guess this would line up with the second season that was announced a while back. The potential of a Billie Eilish house is super interesting.

Looking forward to hearing more.

I just really hope they do Hill House justice. If it happens (and it seems the most likely at this point), I just hope it doesn't turn out like ST last year. They have so much detail, imagery and material at their disposal, so I really hope they don't phone it in. It has the potential to be as good as Us was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.