Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, as much as Silence of the Lambs is an iconic movie and I get why it would come, I think Sabrina would be more well suited to being a maze.

I'm keeping my eyes on Legacy. He's very informative and knows more than one can assume.

Can someone help me understand the spec map? Is it just based on rumors/leaks?
It's made by HNnightmares. They're pretty accurate. Follow them on either Twitter or Facebook.

Quick question about horror nights this year (if it happens) are there any safe zones to just rest and catch your breath?

Quick question about horror nights this year (if it happens) are there any safe zones to just rest and catch your breath?

Assuming this year's scare zone layout will be the same as last year's, there are several. For example, despite the Upper Lot having 2 scare zones back-to-back, the area around Water World, which leads to a maze in the queue, is technically a safe zone the closer you are to the maze line entrance. The area between the Walking Dead Attraction and Universal Plaza, as well as Baker street are technically safe zones, as there hasn't been a scare zone in that street since 2015. All of the Springfield section, as well as the area leading up to the Tram escalators lack actors. Finally, the back lot section technically has a safe zone after the scare zone gauntlet they have there. As for the lower lot, it's a toin-coss, depending on whether or not Universal wants to have scare zone actors down there like they brought back last year.

Reactions: Tristan
View attachment 12011

It looks like it's more at it's proper state without the HHN tent. Could be the shade throwing me off, but..

Honestly, with everything going on, I'm very much not expecting HHN to happen this year..for the obvious. Would love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it.

I’ve been looking at this more and I feel like I’m starting to see a slightly different black at the top (shadow and tent).

I did see a tweet to Murdy asking about construction and he replied with;

I just found this out but I’m gonna say this....let’s hope HHN 2020 does happen because the Queen Mary is canceled. They probably won’t even come back in 2021. That’s how bad the situation is. HHN is currently building but no guarantee that the event will officially happen.

I just found this out but I’m gonna say this....let’s hope HHN 2020 does happen because the Queen Mary is canceled. They probably won’t even come back in 2021. That’s how bad the situation is. HHN is currently building but no guarantee that the event will officially happen.

Dark Harbor won’t come back for a multitude of reasons. By 2021 things will be back to normal for the most part, and who knows maybe even this year

Hello, everyone! I hope I've read enough to try and catch up but if this has already been discussed, well, I'll just try to find my groove in the current.

Should HHN happen this year, do you think the event will go forth in a way we haven't seen before, due to everything going on? And what can I say, Silence of the Lambs sounds like a welcome surprise for a maze, if the rumors are true.

Hello, everyone! I hope I've read enough to try and catch up but if this has already been discussed, well, I'll just try to find my groove in the current.

Should HHN happen this year, do you think the event will go forth in a way we haven't seen before, due to everything going on? And what can I say, Silence of the Lambs sounds like a welcome surprise for a maze, if the rumors are true.

The mods wish to keep this thread for event speculation, and not speculation on if COVID will prevent the event from happening. That topic can be discussed in the COVID's Impact on Entertainment thread.

As someone who enjoyed The Exorcist house but didn't love it, I'd like to see them take a stab at SotL. It really depends on who oversees the house design and how well the cast performs. A house like The Shining should have been a home run, and it was a giant whiff. Poltergeist had no right to be any good, and it was one of the better HHN houses in the event's history.

The mods wish to keep this thread for event speculation, and not speculation on if COVID will prevent the event from happening. That topic can be discussed in the COVID's Impact on Entertainment thread.

As someone who enjoyed The Exorcist house but didn't love it, I'd like to see them take a stab at SotL. It really depends on who oversees the house design and how well the cast performs. A house like The Shining should have been a home run, and it was a giant whiff. Poltergeist had no right to be any good, and it was one of the better HHN houses in the event's history.
Duly noted!

Y'know, that was my feelings on The Exorcist house. Thankfully, SotL should have enough environments and characters to make it a sufficiently enjoyable time. I can just imagine going through Buffalo Bill's house with that music blasting in the room. I think it was called Goodbye Horses? Unfortunately, I missed 2018 so I did not get to experience that one.

Duly noted!

Y'know, that was my feelings on The Exorcist house. Thankfully, SotL should have enough environments and characters to make it a sufficiently enjoyable time. I can just imagine going through Buffalo Bill's house with that music blasting in the room. I think it was called Goodbye Horses? Unfortunately, I missed 2018 so I did not get to experience that one.

I agree Bill's house would make for a great scene, as would the prison cell. I think it'd be better to take the Hannibal Lecter trilogy - Red Dragon, SotL, and Hannibal - and create a best of house that narrates through the entire plot so you get multiple serial killers and settings.

Reactions: randomguesser
I mean leaving it as just Silence Of The Lambs would be fine, you don't need to add the other ones, I mean if anything they could throw references for them but Lambs a lot they could work with especially with Murdy and co. throwing other stuff into the house that could make you go "What is this scene from? I don't remember this?" for example the Pumpkin heads with knives in Halloween II, they could make a part going into the mind of Hannibal, sorta like they did with Norman Bates in the past in the Orlando Psycho houses.

I’ve been looking at this more and I feel like I’m starting to see a slightly different black at the top (shadow and tent).

I did see a tweet to Murdy asking about construction and he replied with;

so sounds like Murdy doesn’t like the construction vids and I get why, but the most of the arenas are kinda in plain sight and didn’t last year they screw up and kinda revealed the KK tent

Status
Not open for further replies.