Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a saying: wish in one hand, crap in the other.

HHNH this year, has too much on the latter that'd make the event fesible. And with the recent pulling back on things until the end of the month, it's getting exceedingly impossible for HHNH to happen. Especially if another budget cut comes.

Honestly? What Murdy posted makes me think we're in the point of the cancellation being imminent, or has been quietly done already, and that we'll get a public statement later this month.

How would you guys feel if they made the event super exclusive, like $300-500 a ticket, with capacity super low in order for it to go on? I've long thought this was a drawn out conclusion, so I've been trying to think of alternative ways it can still happen.
If every person now accounts for 3-5 people they'd usually have in attendance, I think it'd work. You're basically paying for the invisible people in that 6 feet of social distance in a line. I'm sure there'd be enough people who would do it, too.

How would you guys feel if they made the event super exclusive, like $300-500 a ticket, with capacity super low in order for it to go on? I've long thought this was a drawn out conclusion, so I've been trying to think of alternative ways it can still happen.
If every person now accounts for 3-5 people they'd usually have in attendance, I think it'd work. You're basically paying for the invisible people in that 6 feet of social distance in a line. I'm sure there'd be enough people who would do it, too.

I see where you're going with this, and logistically, I think you're right. On that point, my husband and I were discussing what we'd do if it did open this year. (We usually get FFP.) I said maybe it'd be a year we'd spring for VIP for a bit more privacy, for exactly the reasons you state.

At the same time, I think this would be a PR nightmare in the long run, though. All the GP would think for the rest of their lives is, "I'm not going anymore! Did you hear it's $400 now?!?" It takes only one bad experience to taint something for a long, long time. Like going to a restuarant you love, then suddenly get one bad meal there, and you're doubtful about ever going again. Similar idea.

I can't afford that but if it means they can do the event...sure

Honestly and maybe the costs no matter what were too high. It would have been nice if they just had a best of mazes from the past few years and reused old mazes and the Tram maze was the big draw along with getting to ride the rides many of us (at least at hollywood) have wanted to all summer

This is gonna hurt pretty bad if true, I doubt they'd carry over the entire lineup into next year if orlando gets it but we don't. Hopefully at the very least we keep Eilish, Beetlejuice, and Hill House, was really looking forward to those. I'm less worried about Universal Monsters since that has enough staying power to come back for a while.

This is gonna hurt pretty bad if true, I doubt they'd carry over the entire lineup into next year if orlando gets it but we don't. Hopefully at the very least we keep Eilish, Beetlejuice, and Hill House, was really looking forward to those. I'm less worried about Universal Monsters since that has enough staying power to come back for a while.

The problem, that would come for next year..is admittedly due to the question of just, how many people, were laid off that were within Hollywood's HHN team. My mind tells me that they will not return to the same format as this year going forward--which would mean if HHN comes back next year..they'd have to drastically change how certain IP's are done.

Doomsday thought's, sure, but I have to wonder if this will be what pushed Universal Hollywood's management to rethink how Horror Nights is done for the small park.

Honestly I’d rather this lineup come next year than this year. By next year the park should benefit from being open in the summer and they already have the layouts ready to go.

I highly doubt the Big 3 of this year(BJ, Billie, HH) will be hard to retain the rights for.

Honestly I’d rather this lineup come next year than this year. By next year the park should benefit from being open in the summer and they already have the layouts ready to go.

I highly doubt the Big 3 of this year(BJ, Billie, HH) will be hard to retain the rights for.
I think its less of a rights being hard to retain thing, and more of it making it hard to do shared ips with orlando if we're a year behind, which they like since shared ips saves them a lot of money. Maze treatments get scrapped fairly frequently, so i wouldnt be surprised if they gut the non headliners if they need to make room for new stuff if they push it back.

Reactions: chris.g and Clive
expect something official in the next two weeks. Pack it up fellas!

It's very unfortunate, but you have to look at a couple things.

The Orlando parks have been able to reopen, allowing them to get the hang of the Covid procedures for regular ops, which in turn get's them the all important data for how to apply it to HHN. Add in construction going as planned and Florida being well, Florida...and things are still a GO.

Hollywood on the other hand, has yet to reopen since it's closure. The longer it stays closed, the shorter amount of time they have to work with the new procedures and get that data. Add in the area going back in it's reopening phases, and it's just a big unknown when the park will reopen...they simply don't have the time to prepare.

Even if this was a plan THE COUNTY WOULD NOT ALLOW IT TO GO AHEAD!

Also with the exception of Elish, I dont see any IPs carrying over.

All these horrible predictions, yet employees are still in the park getting it ready. Interesting.
Even if they are no way they will open until last week of July...and even then is pretty up in the air.

They might have orders not to see people but at my work today one of the higher ups said he was going to a friends BBQ, so I'm assuming a good amount of people will see people this weekend and that will push cases up again in about two-three weeks.

Reactions: Crazy4Horror
Even if they are no way they will open until last week of July...and even then is pretty up in the air.

They might have orders not to see people but at my work today one of the higher ups said he was going to a friends BBQ, so I'm assuming a good amount of people will see people this weekend and that will push cases up again in about two-three weeks.
Of course the end of July. Our Governor has not given his blessing for theme parks to open. So who said it would open earlier. In fact, he went backwards and ordered family fun centers to close now.

However the point of my post above was for everyone here who has already cancelled HHN in their minds. No proof. Just fear mongering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.