1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2020' started by Brian G., Nov 4, 2019.

1. viking_wizard_eyes

viking_wizard_eyes Rookie

Add in the one about Scarlett Johansson as the metaphysical embodiment of otherness and the dissociative nature of human identity and the A24 house is gonna be reeeaaaaallll spoopy

2. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

while it doesn’t mean it isn’t it coming, it also doesn’t point in that direction either.

3. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

I hated the idea when it first popped up, mainly because we already had KKFOS and ST. But when I saw "white whale" and "most technologically advanced house ever," I admittedly bought into the hype. I have no idea what I was thinking. I hope Murdy being friends with Jason Reitman doesn't mean anything--someone mentioned he attended the event on at least one coast?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

Alright I think the treatment is referring to Hellraiser... I mean, why not? Single environment, hard to pull off.

5. viking_wizard_eyes

I did the same thing! I definitely wanted it to be good, so I kinda talked myself into it for a little bit there, but uggghhhh was it just bad.

IDK, we don’t need to relitigate this stuff, it isn’t coming back next year so no need to harp on it in a 2020 thread. Let’s just hope there’s no children’s programming next year. Looking at you, Beetlejuice.

(Actually I think a Beetlejuice maze might be okay, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.)

6. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

I have actually been thinking about what property Murdy is talking about with it being a challenge and although some people don't think it's coming I do think it could possibly be Beetlejuice.
    It's tricky to do a property that is very goofy/comedy heavy versus straight up horror. Visually it's a lot harder as well as everything has a distinct look to it.

There also is a heavy mix of different effects and stuff versus actual actors. For right now I'm at least thinking Beetlejuice.

Freak, horrornights789 and hhnlover like this.
  7. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

You guys think the tricky I.P. might be The Thing? Like, there's tons of effects they´ll have to use

8. HORRORable Commenter

HORRORable Commenter Rookie

When I hear difficult, my mind goes to something with limited locations. Beetlejuice has a lot of content and locations, but something that's more psychological (ex. Hereditary, Get Out, etc) would offer a very interesting design problem. I could definitely see Get Out coming, with the catalyst being Peele, but John's been very vocal about the lack of content.
    (Also, not on topic, but Grammarly works on IU if you have the chrome extension)

9. marip123

marip123 Rookie

If Beetlejuice does come to the event I 100% believe that it will have the exact same problems as the Ghostbusters maze, but IDK :tease:

10. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

The main difference I see with Beetlejuice is that the visual design is much more distinct than GB, barely any of the environments are normal places, unlike GB where a majority are.

Freak likes this.
  11. viking_wizard_eyes

The humor in Beetlejuice is also much different than Ghostbusters. It’s darker and much more cynical, even if the approach tends to be goofy and cartoonish. I don’t think it’s lighthearted in the same way as Ghostbusters. There’s a macabre tone in the movie that could, with the right calibration, fit a HHN lineup, but it all depends. It could easily be Ghostbusters 2.0, or it could be more along the lines of Krampus, just in terms of presence and atmosphere.

12. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

I'm wondering since Holidayz did get #2 for GSAT if they would consider doing a Spinoff Maze on one of the Holidays.

I feel as though it would most likely either be Thanksgiving or Christmas (Dark Christmas maze finally). But I would personally pick Easter which had my favorite scene of Holidayz.

13. Pedro Navarro

Pedro Navarro Rookie

14. HORRORable Commenter

HORRORable Commenter Rookie

Dark Christmas would be most monetarily practical, but easter and Halloween would be my preferred ones. Maybe a sequel based on a Mexican holiday (day of the dead, etc.)?

15. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

16. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

17. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

Most likely.

18. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

A tidbit about this that got me a little too excited and is almost definitely wrong, that's the coat of arms of Francis Patrick Keough, who was the Bishop of Providence from 1934-1947, it just so happens that Providence is also the birthplace of HP Lovecraft.

19. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

Perhaps a message that our prayers have been answered. Blessed. :kumbaya:

20. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Bout what?